What ever happened to...

9Key

So many people come and go from geocaching and from the forums that you just can't keep up but some make waves with tons of posts. Where do these people go?

Here's a few examples >>

* sparkywatts - memorable wet cat avatar and thousands of posts, then nothing. Poof!

* knight2000 - newbie cacher with a flurry of posts and then gone as quickly as they came.

* vtmtnman - multiple posts in just about every forum here and has since disappeared.

* sept1c tank - old timer, never see him here any more.

* El Diablo - another old timer that rarely posts.

Who else is MIA?

majicman - seen him resurface once in a while

JamieZ - ditto

RubberToe - and his amazing dancing banana

umc - still serves MiGO, but even on those forums he's a rare sight

georgeandmary - looks like they don't cache much at all anymore, but they were prolific a few years ago (not a memorable name, but had this avatar: 39570_300.jpg)

Edited by Dinoprophet

So many people come and go from geocaching and from the forums that you just can't keep up but some make waves with tons of posts. Where do these people go?

Here's a few examples >>

* sparkywatts - memorable wet cat avatar and thousands of posts, then nothing. Poof!

* knight2000 - newbie cacher with a flurry of posts and then gone as quickly as they came.

* vtmtnman - multiple posts in just about every forum here and has since disappeared.

Who else is MIA?

I belive that vtmtnman created a new acount and droped the vt. He is now a Mod.

~.~Scare Force One

Here's a few examples >>

Who else is MIA?

I also miss knight2000's posts. I noticed that they have not been caching since July, I hope nothing bad has happened.

I also get a kick out of Clan Riffster and vtmtnman's posts. :)

Here's a few examples >>

Who else is MIA?

I also miss knight2000's posts. I noticed that they have not been caching since July, I hope nothing bad has happened.

I also get a kick out of Clan Riffster and vtmtnman's posts. :)

Knight2000 logged into the website a couple of days ago, and Clan Riffster just did today. I'm sure they just needed a break from these zany forums. Sept1ctank, best I remember, is banned (the forums only). I loved BasoonPilot (mentioned by RK), but he's apparently on double secret bannation (banned from everything).

I miss AuntieWeasel and flask . . . :)

I also miss sept1c tank.

Two of those had their forum posting ability removed at least temporarily. I'm not sure about AuntiWeasel

I don't think that AuntieWeasel was ever given a mandatory vacation, although she did, ummmm, speak openly to Jeremy on a few occasions.

She still pops in rarely. Too rarely.

Several folks have had their posting privileges removed - others have lost interest in posting others just like to watch.

edited to add fun to nose through the names here

That's a cool list! It would be nice be able to sort that list by last posting date.

I miss a lot of the people mentioned so far too. I'm sure most of them are just busy doing something else. Imagine that! :)

Edited by TrailGators

...Yeah, but I thought flask's 30 day ban was over 2 months ago...

Wow, it's been that long? Sometimes I wonder if the tendancy to suspend otherwise good members is counterprodutive. Sure a disruptive troll should be banned. But someone like flask who has something like 2,000 good posts for every edgy one just begs the question of why drive away the folks who make the forum what it is?

...Yeah, but I thought flask's 30 day ban was over 2 months ago...

Wow, it's been that long? Sometimes I wonder if the tendancy to suspend otherwise good members is counterprodutive. Sure a disruptive troll should be banned. But someone like flask who has something like 2,000 good posts for every edgy one just begs the question of why drive away the folks who make the forum what it is?
I think she got caught up in an effort to tone things down. There was this global warning thing going on with the threads at that time. She always made me laugh.
Several folks have had their posting privileges removed - others have lost interest in posting others just like to watch.

That's a cool list! It would be nice be able to sort that list by last posting date.

I miss a lot of the people mentioned so far too. I'm sure most of them are just busy doing something else. Imagine that! :)

While you can't sort them by posting date, you can order up the list by a range of posting dates. This can kinda come out to the same result. Sorta.

Oh! That guy with the body suit from Scandanavia (can't remember which country)

Divine, from Finland? One of my favorites, but alas, all that remains is his "Corrupt a Wish" post in the off-topic forum...

Seneca, and as someone else said, Jeremy, and also that moron, Metaphor -- what a dootball.

And what about Snoogans? Why doesn't he post anymore?

Edited by Metaphor

Here's a few examples >>

Who else is MIA?

Knight2000 reporting in... :)

(Please understand i am not upset about this.) My 90 year old grandmother moved in with us a while back. She is blind and in need of constant attention. Her assisted living rent went up over $1000/month and she couldn't afford it anymore. We were glad to take her in. It is a lot of work but we don't mind. Better for her to be here than some nursing home.

Someone always has to stay with her at home so we don't really get a chance to cache anymore. (It was our family activity.) We had our first weekend off in months and we had planned on caching one day but it was way too cold for us. (We had never intended to cache in the winter months.)

We do have the thumbs up for a whole bunch of caches to place but it takes time and we just haven't had it. Maybe we will work on getting the ammo cans ready with swag.

There was a short period of time where we stopped caching. Honestly we attended an local caching event and the rudeness of a few unknown cachers perturbed us immensely. It ruined our day turned us off to caching for a few weeks. I guess i am over it now, but we don't plan on attending any events anytime soon.

I did have the circumstances to spend a lot of time on the forums in the past. As some know, i surely did that. I am busier now with being a SAHD and taking care of grandma. (I have the same amount of time, i am just using it differently. :)) I am learning to be a good wife. :D Of course i am not nearly as good as my wife, but i am getting the hang of the cooking and cleaning and stuff. Anything to help relieve my wifes stress.

Recently i have looked over the forums while i should be doing other things. As it looks, next spring we will resume caching but we wont be able to do it as much as we had been. If Grandma is still plugging along the most we could hope for might be one day a month. Whatever it is we will deal with it. We have learned that there are other family activities that we can do. Last night we cut snowflakes and put them in the windows. It was fun.

Now... Back to your regularly scheduled programming. :D

Oh! That guy with the body suit from Scandanavia (can't remember which country)

Divine, from Finland? One of my favorites, but alas, all that remains is his "Corrupt a Wish" post in the off-topic forum...

No, not Divine. This guy had a picture of himself as his avatar. Blond hair, glasses, and he cached in this weird black-and-white body suit. His posts were always funny.

Edit: Found him! His name was Anders, but his handle was apersson850.

24148_200.jpg

Apparently that's his girlfriend in his avatar (oops), but he did cache in that thing. And he also still posts, just not in General.

And speaking of caching suits, another one I miss is Zartimus.

Edited by Dinoprophet

I miss a lot of the people mentioned so far too. I'm sure most of them are just busy doing something else. Imagine that! :anicute:

While you can't sort them by posting date, you can order up the list by a range of posting dates. This can kinda come out to the same result. Sorta.

Once you have a name, you can use the regular forum search. That lets you sort by last post.

Remember these 3?

I sorta miss Canadazuuk and his wet blanket. :D:anibad:

I sorta know Jomorac5 has moved on to greener pastures and has pretty much tired of the whole geo-thang. I never posted on his go-caching.com Sandbox forum, but I lurked there quite often and got to see the other faces of quite a few folks we know. Some of what went on there was shameful and some of it was jusssst freakin' masochistic butting of heads, chest pounding, and outright abuse. I always think of what I saw there when I see those folks that still post here. :anicute::DB)

I miss Mystery Woman's posts on this forum. She was smart and funny and most of all FUN. We still keep in touch from time to time and her S.O. still has caches although I don't think either one cache much if at all anymore. :)

Also:

Divine

Breaktrack

Cape Cod Cacher

Brdad

Dru Morgan

Cachew Nut

Harrald

Marky

Lazy Boy and Mitey Mite

Ju66l3r

Halden

Evergreenhiker!

Leatherman

IV Warrior

Woodsters

Clearpath

Still here, I can't bear to look at Getting Started anymore. I don't sell GPS units anymore so I'm not the fountain of pertinant information I once was. I also get upset with people that say "GPSr" and I'd have a complete melt-down if I ever saw another "How do I Use My NewGPS®" thread (RTFM idiot, it's easier than your remote control AND posting in a forum). "What GPS® Should I Buy?", "What Does IDIOM Mean", "It's Hunting Season", "Do You Carry a Gun?" and "The Religious Question" put me over the edge too. Hence, I don't even look at them. I still get out with my non-vocal account, I should start finding a few more with my classic name and GPS-48.

BrDad hangs out in some Maine forum.