Winter time CITO

MaplessInSeattle

Would you participate in a Winter CITO in Mid-January?

I just stumbled upon some horrible trash areas.

Parks Dept has agreed to help out, but I don't want to plan a CITO, only to find that no one would attend because of the cold weather or bad conditions.

I would like to know what people in the area think. I've had some people message me stating they would help out, but obviously I will need more than one or two people to attend, in order to make this a success.

Where is this place you are talking about?

4 blocks North of the SeaTac Airport

in North Seatac Park

The park is 165+ acres

way too much park to manage for the small crew they have. The parks operations lead proposed the idea to his bosses and they loved it. Now it is just a matter of getting bodies, and scheduling the event.

I'm wanting to have more than one event here of course, because there is no way to do it all in one day, or even one weekend.

We could use some more people at this event =)

Later today I can see about possibly donating something for a giveaway to encourage people to attend. I would have to order something and it would depend on whether it would arrive in time, but I don't expect that would be a problem. A coin or t-shirt or something like that... sound like a good idea?

Later today I can see about possibly donating something for a giveaway to encourage people to attend. I would have to order something and it would depend on whether it would arrive in time, but I don't expect that would be a problem. A coin or t-shirt or something like that... sound like a good idea?

Sounds awesome!

We'd love to but being poor kinda sucks.

I plan to get sponsorship for the next event, because it should be much larger in scale, and will be located in the main part of the park, which may attract a bit of attention.

This is like the beta test for that cache event.

If this goes smoothly, then we'll make sure the next one is super cool.

Sounds awesome!

We'd love to but being poor kinda sucks.

I plan to get sponsorship for the next event, because it should be much larger in scale, and will be located in the main part of the park, which may attract a bit of attention.

This is like the beta test for that cache event.

If this goes smoothly, then we'll make sure the next one is super cool.

Well, it won't be anything *super cool* as we're not exactly rolling in it, but its a good cause. And hey, if only a few people come, maybe I'll win ;-)

But seriously, shouldn't be a problem and I've even got the ok from my wife (she's in charge of the money :-)) I'll try and find something CITO related first and then go from there.

I just ordered a CITO 2007 geocoin to giveaway. Also, tsunrisebey very generously offered to send something to giveaway. I don't know what that will be but that alone would get me to an event in a second just on the off chance that it was one of those beautiful tsunrisebey geocoins. Honestly, I really have no idea what it is though.

But I will bring the CITO coin and whatever else to the event. Hopefully that'll help encourage people?

Edited by intolerable

I just ordered a CITO 2007 geocoin to giveaway. Also, tsunrisebey very generously offered to send something to giveaway. I don't know what that will be but that alone would get me to an event in a second just on the off chance that it was one of those beautiful tsunrisebey geocoins. Honestly, I really have no idea what it is though.

But I will bring the CITO coin and whatever else to the event. Hopefully that'll help encourage people?

Sounds great, thanks for the extra support!

Helping to bump this since it's coming up soon. :D

I'm looking forward to this event. Looks like there is a lot of work to be done! I'll see if I can round up some others to come help as well.

:D

Did a walk through of the areas today with my wife

Ugh, so very sad and depressing.

Hopefully we can make a dent in the problem then. It looks like a goodly number are planning on being there Saturday.