Not another "Mailbox/Forums" coin!

UOTrackers

Yup, it sure is...the design has not been agreed upon yet, and production will NOT start until after the New Year confetti has settled and been swept away, but I will be slowly taking names.

For those of you not in the know...Oak Coins produced the What's in your mailbox? Version 1 and Version 2 coins during the Spring of this past year. For each coin that I designed I took names of forum followers to be included on the coin. The first coin had approximately 125 names, the second had about 150 (I think). The idea came from the thread, "What's in your mailbox today?" and featured a mailbox theme, as will the Version 3 coin. It seems like an easy enough task, taking names and fitting them onto a coin, but trust me it's not. Each coin went through many revisions to make sure the names were typed correctly, capitols were capitols and lower cases were lower cases, and even then we still had minor mistakes. So, I'm going to take this one slow and steady. Please understand this is so I can retain some sanity. I will take names in batches of 20. I will ask for new batches at random times on random days to give all countries and work shifts an opportunity to get onto the 3rd version of this coin. IF YOU HAVE BEEN ON A PREVIOUS VERSION YOU MAY NOT GET ON THIS ONE. I will only be taking up to 140 names. I will begin taking names on December 1st, so watch for me to ask for them. I will not take any names after December 31st. If there is so much interest and newcomers that we go way over the allotted space, well we'll see...

So until I ask for your names, some things to think about, the shorter your names, the more that will fit on the coin. Think about abbreviations, if they will work for you. Keep in mind I am only 1 person, I have a 2 year old daughter and it is the holiday season, so I will not likely be in the forums very often. I'm not good at saying no, I don't like to hurt peoples feelings and I especially don't like people mad at me, so, I will do the VERY BEST that I can to accomplish your wishes, but if I can't grant them all, please try and understand.

OK that said feel free to discuss this upcoming project. PS - I will ask the mods to modify the title each time I ask for new names, hope that helps.

Below are the previous coins Pics:

WW_wwiymt_ygfront.jpg

wiym_back_wwdlg.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I am obscenely excited about the possibility of having my name on a geocoin (for the first time ever)!!!!! :huh:;):D

Thanks for putting in the hard yards for these coins UOTrackers - although I have yet to get either of the previous versions.....

Hmm maybe I should be posting on the 'What Does Your Geocoin Heart Desire?' thread??? :huh::D:D;)

Well, I'll be back in on the first to see if I

can get on the list. Sounds cool. Right now

the only thing me name is on is my wooden

nickel. :) Does having our name on the coin automatically

reserve one for us so we can purchase one? I now that

if my name made the list I would definately be in for two.

One to keep and one to release.

Dardevle

Edited by dardevle

I see there is a lot of interest in this endless game we love to call coin collection/ designing.

I read the op and saw regardless of when you post, the request for names comes December 1.

So if you want on the coin stay tuned as I see there is less than 9 hours till tommorrow comes. Well worth it and fun to send these coins out with specific tasks to go and have everyone who is on the coin take it and discover it.

Have fun these coins are worth the collection but even more fun to release.

I see there is a lot of interest in this endless game we love to call coin collection/ designing.

I read the op and saw regardless of when you post, the request for names comes December 1.

So if you want on the coin stay tuned as I see there is less than 9 hours till tommorrow comes. Well worth it and fun to send these coins out with specific tasks to go and have everyone who is on the coin take it and discover it.

Have fun these coins are worth the collection but even more fun to release.

I have got the weakest heart, trust me I will do my very best to get all the names onto a coin again, and hey V 2 came out only 3 months after V1 so ya never know. I think the absolutely coolest thing you can do with these coins is to send them out on a mission to meet everyone on them! I sent one out, no idea where it is, but the idea is fun. I love looking at traveling coins to see if I recognize their owners names from the forums, it's like being able to "See" a small piece of them, corny I know.

PS -For all of you who check back when I post I will ask the mods to modify the title each time I ask for new names, hope that helps.

Edited by UOTrackers

Well I finally have a chance to sit down, so I'm ready to take the FIRST batch of 20 names! IF you can abbreviate in any way it's appreciated, but not necessary! first 20 only, I will ask for others another time, thanks so much! ONLY post in this thread, no emails of private messages please, it gets too confusing.

1. Fairyhoney

2. earthrooster

3. Ble68

4. Woodland Clan

5. Dolfy

6. Cheesy Pigs

7. dhenninger

8. rinauldi

9. usyoopers

10. TokyoBlossom

11. SEWdaugh

12. Rockin Roddy

13. Vanelle

14. davee-n-cachincarrie

15. intolerable

16. Fingers Crossed

17. MRJIFFY

18. IthacaDoodle

19. BRoKeN W

20. mousekakat

Those are the first 20, they will not necessarily appear in that order on the coin as it will depend on the design and where names fit, because I try and fit as many as possible.

Edited by UOTrackers

Well I finally have a chance to sit down, so I'm ready to take the FIRST batch of 20 names! IF you can abbreviate in any way it's appreciated, but not necessary! first 20 only, I will ask for others another time, thanks so much! ONLY post in this thread, no emails of private messages please, it gets too confusing.

Me me!! earthrooster :mad::laughing: