Fluke in Des Moines

McDragons

can't be the same if I get the locations right Grays Lake is east of Waterworks park just south of downtown des moines. Walnut Woods State Park is along the Racoon River south of West Des Moines

I agree, while both Walnut woods and Gray's Lake are south of the Raccon, the two areas are like 5 miles apart.

It would seem very weird for that letterbox to direct you to start at one and when the 'box' is in the other.

I looked up the area at Terracache and Navicache a few days back, nothing in the immediate areas of grays lake.

Man, I was just working at the Iowa Events center eariler in the week. If I would have seen this I would have gone and looked for it. I was staying just down the street from Grays lake too. I want to know what it is. That picture is so neat. I haven't been able to find it on a website yet so I'm no help on "what is it".

After I replied here I decided to post a thread in the Geocaching Topics forum. Someone pointed out there that Seamus O'Grey is an anagram for "your message". Also, I mention in that thread that there is a Waymarking

group for these and there are some similar doors around, apparently.

The theme seems to be, based on the anagram and the contents, that if you leave Seamus a note he'll write back.

Here is the main forum thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=181528