What do you do with sig items?

jholly

Mine is just to say "I was here" and if anybody wants to take it then it's a freebie - no trade required. That's how many of them are. It seems that many (most?) cache owners rarely ever visit their caches after placement unless there is a problem with the cache. Some don't even visit then! Leaving the sig item for the cache owner generally means it will sit in the cache forever. I say, if you like, it take.

My sig item is a glow in the dark star with wv-yen on it. I leave one in all the caches I visit. (micros get a g-i-t-d star sticker.)

In the caches I own, I collect all the sig items I get when I visit the caches. I also collect sig items (like Snoogan's puzzle) when I meet a cacher in person.

If the cache owner is into that, I hope s/he keeps the star. If someone else likes it well enough to take it, that's ok too, but I hope to meet them sometime. To hear someone say "OH, yea, I've got one of yur signature stars" would be really cool.

In the mean time other cachers know I've been there.