What's the perfect gift for a Geocacher?

Hobo2

Travel Bug Dog Tags

All great answers...but I REALLY like this one!! With this gift, you give continual happiness! The person getting these will be able to watch travelers move about...this gift will continue to give long after the holidays!!

Small, could be stocking stuffers....and you could still do the PDA or camera thing!!

God thinking Simp...gotta love the idea!

An ammo can fully stocked with swag, logbook and ready to place (or a few empty ammo cans).

GPS accessories like vehicle mounts, antennas, cases, mapping software, etc...

A nice compass

A flashlight

A day pack or fanny pack

A few waterproof matchboxes

National Geographic Adventure Paper (for making waterproof micro logs and stash notes)

A survival whistle (in case someone is caching alone and breaks a leg or turns an ankle)\

A space pen (for signing wet logbooks)

Lock 'n Lock 23-pc. Storage Container Set

Last Christmas I converted a fish tackle-box into a cache-bag for my father-in-law (also a cacher). I put in some personal safety items (i.e. bear bell, first aid kit, whistle, light, etc..), some cache container "first-aid" goodies (i.e. spare micro container, logsheets, logbooks, pencils, ziplocs) and then pumped the remaining compartments with swag!

Oh and we hid his Christmas gift in the woods so he opened his "gift" only to find a piece of paper with coords! Good fun!

-An inflatable kayak for those river caches.

-A geocaching gear bag for storing all your geo-essentials.

-Ponchos--for those hardcore cachers in your life who won't let weather get between them and the FTF.

-Protective gloves--Gotta keep those fingers warm and safe from harm when bushwacking.

-Hiking boots

-Dehyrdated food--For those camping geocachers.

I'm new to Geocaching and so besides asking my husband for a GPS unit, the following were on my list (and better priced than expensive GPSr's):

Tiny First Aid kit

heavy-duty back-pack

AA batteries (since the GPSr will need those if it's not a rechargable kind)

Tiny log books

Camo tape

fun stuff to put in Cache's (stickers, beads, sparkley pencils, cute stuffed animal keychains, polished stones)

plastic containers

tiny stamp set (for letterbox cache's)

and of course....Travel Bug dog tags. :-)

Somethign else TOTALLY cool that I saw for geocachers that would be a great gift idea for those on a higher budget.......It was a backpack with solar panels and 15 adapters! The solar panels would charge as you were out and about and then you could use the different adapters to charge all kinds of electronics like GPSr's, cell phones, cameras, etc. It said the only portable thing it could NOT charge was a laptop. It sounded so useful! I saw it in a tiny earth-friendly shop in Yellow Springs, Ohio. If your not from that area, you could probably find them online too.

Let's see -

• A durable pair (canvas) of hiking pants
  • An outdoor shirt (you know, the vented coolmax kind with long sleeves that convert with a tab/button to short sleeves)
  • A multi-tool (leatherman in last post is a great idea)
  • Walking Stick
  • Hydration/Backpack hybrid (I love mine!)

All of this assumes a cacher who actually hikes.

For a P&G micro cacher:

• A pair of kneepads
  • A crowbar for lampskirts
  • An electrical current detetor (to determine whether an electrical box is real or cache)
  • Spare pair of breakpads for their cachemobile
  • Dual battery kit for the car (so hazard lights can be left on for extended time periods)

edit: had some spare list items I didn't use that needed to be removed.

Edited by Jeep_Dog

The two geocaching items I put on my list is:

60 CSx

Hiking stick

Don't think I'll get the CSX, but I may get the stick. We'll see...

Good idea - a customized hiking stick. Now who could make one for you??? Out of, let's say...diamond willow?

Mine wants me to bid on this one as a Christmas present for me. I like it! :huh:

WizardStick.jpg

The two geocaching items I put on my list is:

60 CSx

Hiking stick

Don't think I'll get the CSX, but I may get the stick. We'll see...

Good idea - a customized hiking stick. Now who could make one for you??? Out of, let's say...diamond willow?

Mine wants me to bid on this one as a Christmas present for me. I like it! :huh:

WizardStick.jpg

nice

I bought Mr. SEWdaugh an anti-shock hiking stick with monopod camera mount but he ruined the surprise and now has it in his possession!

He hasn't found the Leatherman Juice XE6 multi-tool yet, and there's no danger he'll read this forum since he's always in the geocoin forum :huh:

I wish I had bought myself the multi-tool, though. It's very nice and I can see how it would be very useful for caching.

See it. Find it. Solve it.

The new RIDGID SeeSnake micro™ inspection camera allows you to easily perform visual inspections in hard to reach areas. Its lightweight, handheld design means that it can be carried anywhere – providing solutions when and where you need them, while allowing you to offer more services and increase productivity.

SS%20Micro%20Beauty%20Photo_R2_3C.jpg

The new RIDGID SeeSnake micro™ inspection camera allows you to easily perform visual inspections in hard to reach areas. Its lightweight, handheld design means that it can be carried anywhere – providing solutions when and where you need them, while allowing you to offer more services and increase productivity.

You know that's for peering into sewer pipes, don't you? ;) But I guess it could be good for finding caches... :D

You know that's for peering into sewer pipes, don't you? :D But I guess it could be good for finding caches... :D

Umm, yea, I knew that. I guess I need to find the sarcasm smiley so I can add it as necessary. ;)

I had a friend buy me a fuel card for Geocaching, that was nice!

I always hated carrying a big bulky camera, one of those newer slimline cameras that a guy could slip in his pocket would be nice. The good photos come from carrying a camera!

Are you paperless yet? A small PDA would be great for that! If you have not tried it, you should!

Glen

The wife's getting a pink Sony Laptop. I'm hoping for a new Canon zoom lens with image stabilization to replace my old one without.
Yesterday, I learned that in addition to my new lens, my wife's getting me an LG Voyager to replace my ancient cel. While we were at Circuit City buying a few things for her family (and she was trying to order my new phone without letting me know), she asked me for a 'Ginger'. Ginger is the name that she gave to my Garmin Quest; Ginger GPS. Therefore, I hopped online last night and ordered her a Q2. Yesterday, we also put down the deposit on a Smart car for her. Somehow, when I bought the Allante last summer, I agreed that she would get a Smart when they started selling them here.

As a present to both of us, I bought some tools for the garage; a lathe, band saw, sharpening system, and dust collection system. Since she and her dad have taken up pen turning, somehow these tools get to be a gift for both of us. (Yippee!)

Several years ago, we started spending the week following Christmas at WDW. She's a big Disney fan, so we have season passes and go a number of times per year, but going right after Christmas is a good way to decompress from the holiday load. This is especially important for Cathy since she's the Director of Music and Liturgy at a large local church. The weeks prior to Christmas are always really frantic for her. (It doesn't help that I'm kind of bah-humbuggy so she has to drive all of the decorating and undecorating.)

Traditionally, we would just get each other small gifts for Christmas and our trip would be out present to one another. Somehow, things got a bit out of control this year.