What is your favorite swag item to find?

We love quality swag!!! Our favorite things to find are those that are interesting and different! We love finding those things that make us say "wow!, what is that??? I have to have that!" Personally we love interesting figurines. My girlfriend and I have developed a sort of geoswag jungle around some of our plants with the little animals that we find. I love a little treasure I can drop in my pocket!!! It's really not the price, just the thought that the previous cacher put into the item he or she or they left.

I found this little pill or snuff tin... I think it's sterling silver with mother-of-pearl inlaid petals. The engraving on the inside says __paca Mexico. I love it!!! I'm sure it was grandma's knick knack that someone got tired of dusting. I also have a little porcelain turtle from Japan, I believe, that's on my monitor at work.

swag.jpg

Edited by meralgia

My favorite swag is pictures of Ben Franklin. Haven't found one yet. Found a few pictures of George Washington.

Jim

I found Ben once.

Wasn't IN the cache, in fact that particular cache has never been found and is archived though probably still there (so says the owner). It was a little faded and looked at first like just a piece of folded paper lying on the ground. It spent though! :(

I would say, that HAS been my favourite find. :)

I love the rediculous and absurd stuff! I've only had 7 finds so far, but some of the stuff I've found has just cracked me up! I try to leave creative (read dumb) stuff myself, as well as useful things. Or a combination of both... the last cache I visited, I left a DVD of several Captain Nemo (remember the dumb cartoon on Captain Kangaroo?) episodes. I do have an American Flag pin on my jacket I got out of Bizzi's Box, though. :(

Edited by geowizerd

Handcrafted geocache-related stuff made by geocachers.

I've found a bead bracelet where the bead letters spelled out geocaching, laminated geocaching 'official' permit tag, geocache bookmark with a geocache related saying on it e.g. "Using billion dollar hardware to find tupperware in the woods", a large personalized geocaching button magnet. I like them because they are one-of-a-kind and personal.

Signature swag, like golf tees, pencils and stuff with people's names on it. Especially good if I know the name. Absolutely a treasure if it's something made of metal.

I agree! I love the signature swag and metal objects!!

While looking around for something cool as a custom signature swag item, I ran across this, PERFECT for geocachers! I added the personalization in Paint Shop Pro... A little too pricey for me right now, but very cool!

I think I'll start tucking a few dollars away every month, maybe by summer I'll order some!

KeyChain.jpg

I like ANY sig item, but handmade stuff is top of the heap.

I especially like trading for foreign money since coin collecting is a kind of hobby for me anyway. I also like finding geocaching related items.

I like to trade for foreign coins so I can SMASH 'em into my own sig item.

This is a coin from Hong Kong that I got from a cache:

a7d06b96-6ea8-41b4-81a0-6ad02a515c49.jpg

#1: golf balls

#2 Spice Girls Stickers

#3: Something green and wet

You really like finding used, dinged, dirty golf balls? I always wondered who on earth would ever want them.

I usually trade something new, clean for them and throw them out.

I used to get excited over carabineers until I discovered I can just buy them in a store. I still like compasses and mini flash lights and maybe key chains with fuzzy animals or something. The very first swag I ever found (5 years ago) was a stuffed four-inch Grinch and he still hangs from my caching backpack.