Mag Exp 400 Lost Basemap

AJB3023

OK Before I get blasted about the search feature...Yes I used it and could not find what I needed. I know its here because I saw it posted the last time I was on here which has been about a year due to personal reasons. Well those reasons are now gone and I want to get back to some geocaching. So here's the problem...

When I turn the unit on I get a

Error

Invald Basemap

Default Map Loading

OK

When I hit the OK button I get

Loading Please wait and then nothing.

I guess I lost the base map....Other than sending to to Mag can I reload it?

I have the Mag Exp 400

Yes. Go to Magellan website. If you registered your 400, go to the Support section for the 400 and download the firmware update. Perform the update (even if it is still the same version that you already have) and it will reinstall the basemap.

I did that and neither my regular computer nor my laptop will recognize the device. Can I copyit file to a card and then load it that way??

:D-->

QUOTE(Jay B @ Nov 29 2007, 10:34 AM) 3180305[/snapback]

Yes. Go to Magellan website. If you registered your 400, go to the Support section for the 400 and download the firmware update. Perform the update (even if it is still the same version that you already have) and it will reinstall the basemap.

I did that and neither my regular computer nor my laptop will recognize the device. Can I copyit file to a card and then load it that way??

Ya know never mind. I'm gonna send it into Mag and just let them fix it. I'm so frustrated right now that I don't even want to mess with it.

Thanks for the advice.

Good luck. I have a Ex 200 that I didn't use for about 6 months and when I turned it on the other day it told me "unit currently contains to maps. Initiating upload" and does nothing more. I have to take the batteries out to turn it off. Anyway, enough about that, I called Megellan to see what I could do to get it fixed and they told me they no longer serviced that model but I could trade it in for a 300 and up model that Im sure they are dicontinuing for 40% off. My understanding is that you can reload the maps, but since you can't, your unit may be shot like mine :D

Good luck!