The Geocoin Nerds!

tadpole379

I'm sure my kids would love to trade their duck & frog for some Nerds too. I think I've worked out their Christmas surprise but my son said to me "Mom, I'm not interested in geocoins anymore if I can't trade." :anitongue:<_<:unsure:

Actually smart kid. Saves some of my money - lol. But if you want to trade with them they'd be thrilled. They adore getting mail! :unsure:

King Finder has the frog & Go Girl has the purple duck.

4f39028c-dbf0-499a-8435-516bc03094c1.jpg

Edited by GPX Navigators

[quote name='sweetlife' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:07 PM' post='3185645'

Anyone want to trade, shoot us a email thru our profile, send pics of your nerds or have them posted here so we can see them.

I want to trade! I'll have to post pictures of my nerds. :lol:

If you check the The Geocoin Nerds Geocoin Set charity auction, all of the nerds are pictured. Mine are pink and purple. :lol:

I'm sure my kids would love to trade their duck & frog for some Nerds too. I think I've worked out their Christmas surprise but my son said to me "Mom, I'm not interested in geocoins anymore if I can't trade." :P:lol::lol:

Actually smart kid. Saves some of my money - lol. But if you want to trade with them they'd be thrilled. They adore getting mail! :D

King Finder has the frog & Go Girl has the purple duck.

4f39028c-dbf0-499a-8435-516bc03094c1.jpg

Let them know I'll trade, have Alaskan Mosquito geocoins, they are Micros but VERY colorful

Hej Smort...

Kan du tänke dig att skicka en av dem till mina dottrar Hanna och Caitlyn? Jag vet att Hanna skulle älskar att har en av dem!

Tackar,

Naomi :ph34r:

They can have one each - do they want the light or the dark one?

One of each, snälla?

:D will be good to you for this good deed! How old is your daughter?

Hej Smort...

Kan du tänke dig att skicka en av dem till mina dottrar Hanna och Caitlyn? Jag vet att Hanna skulle älskar att har en av dem!

Tackar,

Naomi :D

They can have one each - do they want the light or the dark one?

One of each, snälla?

B) will be good to you for this good deed! How old is your daughter?

One of each coming your way.

She's having her first birthday on wednesday :ph34r: The first year has gone really fast...

I have my nerds available in three finishes: Shiny nickel with green translucent enamel, green glitter on BN, and a green enamel on BN that glows blue in the dark.

I am looking to trade for other nerds that I do not yet have, as well as peeps, ducks, geojellies, and other coins. My seeking list is in my sig line. Email me through my profile for trade offers. Thanks!!

DSCN0058.jpg

2 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

What are they? Are they trackables? Their numbers don't work.

I'm confused about exactly what they are/were, too.  But I haven't tried to log them (I don't do that for TB photos).

But I found another old thread (newer than this one) that seems to show a cacher name on one side and on the other side, "Track this nerd at geocaching.com", with an actual tracking number.  So at least some are trackable as well as personalized.

Edited by kunarion
6 minutes ago, kunarion said:

But I haven't tried to log them (I don't do that for TB photos).

Looking at the numbers, doesn't mean logging them. I had no intention to log them. I usually don't even log trackables at meet and greets. I move them along, but apart from that, almost no interest in logging other trackables. I don't even log most of the trackables in my TB Hotel. I was only interested to find out what they are. Besides, there is a number for looking at TBs, that can't be logged with.

25 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

Looking at the numbers, doesn't mean logging them. I had no intention to log them. I usually don't even log trackables at meet and greets. I move them along, but apart from that, almost no interest in logging other trackables. I don't even log most of the trackables in my TB Hotel. I was only interested to find out what they are. Besides, there is a number for looking at TBs, that can't be logged with.

Yes, it is good to figure out what the code means or if a found coin is even Trackable at all.  Especially if it's being moved to another cache.  And in case it might be cool "Swag" to keep instead.  An actual Tracking Code is (usually) a set of 6 letters and/or numbers.  I guess, sure, try it anyway and if it doesn't work, maybe it's not a Tracking Code. 

I bought a bunch of "tesselation turtle" coins a few years ago.  They are personalized (I had my cachername engraved) but there's no tracking number, they aren't Official Trackables although they are basically mini Geocoins.  Several people who have found them asked what the problem is.  If I ever make an actual Geocoin, I think I'd avoid having any other letter/number "codes" other than Tracking Codes.  Trackables are confusing enough for people without adding more confusion.  I'm not complaining about the OP, people can do what they like, and these "Nerds" seem like a fun idea.

I used to make a single unique "kunarion" pin button as a name tag when I attended an Event, write the Event's GC Number* on the back and afterward, place it in a cache as surprise Swag.  And people asked me why the "tracking" didn't work.  :F:

*A Cache Number isn't a Tracking Code

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1