The Geocoin Nerds!

tadpole379

The Geocoin Nerds are arriving at their destinations. :):anibad:

For those of you who were not part of the group, the Geocoin Nerds is a group coin project. The coins are 1.25 inches, 2mm thick, and customized with personal engraving and color choice of enamel and metal. There were 25 cachers/teams as group members, and together we produced a total of 1,670 coins in 63 different color/metal combinations--so good luck to anyone who wants a full set!!!

I am starting this thread so that Group members who have nerds to trade may post photos of their nerds, and see who else is interested in trading. This will help out with trading nerds for other nerds, as well as anyone not in the group who wants to trade other coins/pins/sig items, etc, for nerds.

I still have not received my coins, so I am borrowing some photos from the mailbox thread as an example of what the coins look like. Each person's coins are in different color enamels, have personalized engraving, and come in either gold, nickel, or black nickel. 2007_112811-28-070047.jpg

GeocoinNerdsDflyeFront.jpg

Also, as an FYI, many group members decided to donate one or more coins to a charity auction to raise money for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. A total of 36 Geocoin Nerds were donated by group members for the auction, which will be listed on ebay some time in the coming week.

Thank you to everyone who participated in this project, I had a lot of fun, and I hope you enjoy your Nerds!! :anibad::(:)

Nerds, Nerds, Nerds.....

I was not part of the project but I am anxious to see some more of the pictures of some of the Nerds out there. I would be interested in getting myself a Nerd or 2 by trading for perhaps a Team Geocache Hockey coin or one of my personals.

The coins look great.

PSU Fan

Don't feel bad, I didn't get mine yet either. Maybe tomorrow they will make their way to the east coast... :(

Hmm, mine came in a nice little Priority Mail flat rate envelope, mailed on the 26th, all the way to North Carolina (which last I knew was on the east coast! :) )

The Golden Nerd was a very nice surprise in the package! :)

Don't feel bad, I didn't get mine yet either. Maybe tomorrow they will make their way to the east coast... :(

Hmm, mine came in a nice little Priority Mail flat rate envelope, mailed on the 26th, all the way to North Carolina (which last I knew was on the east coast! :) )

The Golden Nerd was a very nice surprise in the package! :)

I think this was a two day mailing. So I am guessing that day 2 shipments will arrive tomorrow. Glad everyone is enjoying them!

Hmm, mine came in a nice little Priority Mail flat rate envelope, mailed on the 26th, all the way to North Carolina (which last I knew was on the east coast! :anibad: )

I am gone until Monday now, so it will have to wait until Tuesday. :)

And so.......you picture is? WHERE?? mad.gif

Easy girl! :)

I got my nerds today, as well as the nerds that have been generously donated for the Charity auction to benefit St. Jude's Childrens Research Hospital. Here are the pics!!! :huh:;);)

DSCN0058.jpg

My three coins. I have some of each available for trade!!

DSCN0056.jpg

This one glows blue in the dark. (This is one of mine)

DSCN0112.jpg

Everyone in the group got a Golden Nerd as a little gift from me. And I minted 5 Thank You!! Nerds for some special people. :huh:

DSCN0094.jpg

Nerd Pile...the coins for the Charity Auction.

DSCN0156.jpg

The charity auction set.

DSCN0121.jpg

Blue Glitter Nerds.

DSCN0119.jpg

Blue Nerds.

DSCN0127.jpg

Green Nerds

DSCN0135.jpg

Pink and Purple Nerds

DSCN0139.jpg

Black and White Nerds

Thanks so much for the pictures, Jackie! This was the first time for me to see my Nerds (and for this alone it was worth to donate them :huh: ) ;)

Can't wait to get them, I hope they won't be delayed by the customs or hold back by them so that I would have to pick them up at the customs office here, they have terrible opening times...

We got our Nerds Coins in yesterday and OMG...They are so cute. Will post a picture of ours by the weekend. Had 4 different colors made and they all turned out so nice. Hope to trade with people that have glitter ones. Hope to make some trades with other Geocachers. Thanks Jackie/tadpole for having this coin minted and letting us all join in the group project.

Barry and Val

sweetlife

Mountain, WI.

I got my nerds today, as well as the nerds that have been generously donated for the Charity auction to benefit St. Jude's Childrens Research Hospital. Here are the pics!!! :):):D

DSCN0058.jpg

My three coins. I have some of each available for trade!!

DSCN0056.jpg

This one glows blue in the dark. (This is one of mine)

DSCN0112.jpg

Everyone in the group got a Golden Nerd as a little gift from me. And I minted 5 Thank You!! Nerds for some special people. :D

DSCN0094.jpg

Nerd Pile...the coins for the Charity Auction.

DSCN0156.jpg

The charity auction set.

DSCN0121.jpg

Blue Glitter Nerds.

DSCN0119.jpg

Blue Nerds.

DSCN0127.jpg

Green Nerds

DSCN0135.jpg

Pink and Purple Nerds

DSCN0139.jpg

Black and White Nerds

wow, them are sure purty, love all the colors, good job you guys :D

I really like WI Robin's! What glitter is that she chose?

Naomi :)

She had 4 colors made up,

The white one is called Rainbow glitter, the black one is Laser Glitter with K35090 glitter swirl, the blue one is glitter K35031, and the pink one is Rainbow glitter with K35061 swirl.

I really like that black laser glitter with glitter swirl, love how it looks multicolored with the glitter! That one just really stands out!

Gonna have to trade me one of them babies!

These did come out cute. Wish we could have done this but it wasn't meant to be.

However, would love to get two for the kids for Christmas. I know they will adore these. A pink or purple glitter for Go Girl (or anything super girly) and maybe a green glitter or glow for King Finder. I can't tell who has what so if you have those colors (or something you think kids will love) and would be willing to trade with mom, email me direct. Thanks very much.

BTW - what are the dimensions on these?

These did come out cute. Wish we could have done this but it wasn't meant to be.

However, would love to get two for the kids for Christmas. I know they will adore these. A pink or purple glitter for Go Girl (or anything super girly) and maybe a green glitter or glow for King Finder. I can't tell who has what so if you have those colors (or something you think kids will love) and would be willing to trade with mom, email me direct. Thanks very much.

Sent you an email :)

I would love to trade a Moose on the Loose coin for a glittery nerd!!!

I would love a moose on the loose coin. I entered into your forum cointest, and you said you were sending me something. I didn't get it yet so I dont know which version you sent, but maybe we could trade for the other one. :) Mine come in green glitter, green glow, and green translucent. :)

Sent you an email :)

Ditto what tadpole said :)

Here are mine. The purple one is mine (KW) and the pink one is my daughter Nyomi's. Each one is listed as KW 1 through 25 and NW 1 through 25. KW 23 and NW 24 were donated to the auction. I still haven't decided if I am doing to do trades or if I will just drop them off in caches. Or maybe I'll keep em all... they're just too darn cute! Actually hoping there is a v2 so the whole BRoKeN W family can have some!

nerds.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

Black and White Nerds

I really like that black laser glitter with glitter swirl, love how it looks multicolored with the glitter! That one just really stands out!

Gonna have to trade me one of them babies!

I have to say all the Nerds look great, but I have to agree with mousekakat. That black laser glitter with glitter swirl just JUMPS out at me. I would definitely love to trade for one too!!