PURCHASING GEO COINS

HAWSPIPE

it seems that a 'minimum of 100' is if you want someone to mint geocoins for you with a specific design or logo that you request. If you're just looking for cool geocoins to track or trade, just google geocoins and you'll find lots of stores. geocoinstore.com has many and their site says "max of 100" not a minimum.

hope this helps

it seems that a 'minimum of 100' is if you want someone to mint geocoins for you with a specific design or logo that you request. If you're just looking for cool geocoins to track or trade, just google geocoins and you'll find lots of stores. geocoinstore.com has many and their site says "max of 100" not a minimum.

hope this helps

That helps me a lot. Thank you Firespinner. :laughing:;)

Edited by HAWSPIPE

If you are looking to build a collection, check out my signature line. I have many older coins available for fixed (non Ebay) prices. Give it a gander and get ahold of me. US destinations are $2.50 S&H for 1st coin, plus $1.00 each after that. International destinations start at $5.00 for 1st, then $1.00 each additional coin.

Ask around...I have very reasonable prices on the coins.

I'm asking this question here cuz I don't know where else to post it.. I"m sure I've seen it elsewhere but can't find it.

SO,

If I adopt a coin that I've had before from someone else, will I be keeping the icon I got from it OR will I have to find another to keep the icon?

(I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask :) )

Let's see if I understand your question:

You currently own a geocoin and have the icon for it under "Owned trackables" - right?

If so, is your question "Do I keep the icon after I adopt out the coin?" ??

If so, I believe the answer is no. I just adopted a coin I owned out to somebody and it no longer shows under my "Owned trackables". Now, if you really want the icon, you could always log a "Found It" on the coin after you adopt it out so it shows under "List of Trackables Moved/Discovered".

Does that help?

I'm asking this question here cuz I don't know where else to post it.. I"m sure I've seen it elsewhere but can't find it.

SO,

If I adopt a coin that I've had before from someone else, will I be keeping the icon I got from it OR will I have to find another to keep the icon?

(I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask :blink: )

I think she's asking if she had found or discovered this particular coin and had the icon on the other side would that icon go away if she then adopted the same coin that she had previously discovered or found <_< . I think you'll have it on both sides, but it will now look like you've discovered or found your own coin maybe?.

A friend and I have experimented with this, and the simple answer is -

"You do not get 'discover' or 'retrieve' credit for trackable items that you own"

Two people - "A" and "B"

1. "A" activates the item, "A" discovers it, "B" discovers it

. . . "A" now has an icon on the right but not on the left, "B" now has an icon on the left only

2. "B" adopts the coin from "A"

. . . "A" loses the icon on the right, but gains one on the left

. . . "B" loses the icon on the left, but gains one on the right

Note that the logs for the item are not removed or changed in any way

SO,

(I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask :blink: )

I think she's asking if she had found or discovered this particular coin and had the icon on the other side would that icon go away if she then adopted the same coin that she had previously discovered or found <_< . I think you'll have it on both sides, but it will now look like you've discovered or found your own coin maybe?.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner (so to speak) - Must be the Mrs. half :huh:

Thank you all for responding. So, would that be a yes, I get to keep my icon?

A friend and I have experimented with this, and the simple answer is -

"You do not get 'discover' or 'retrieve' credit for trackable items that you own"

Two people - "A" and "B"

1. "A" activates the item, "A" discovers it, "B" discovers it

. . . "A" now has an icon on the right but not on the left, "B" now has an icon on the left only

2. "B" adopts the coin from "A"

. . . "A" loses the icon on the right, but gains one on the left

. . . "B" loses the icon on the left, but gains one on the right

Note that the logs for the item are not removed or changed in any way

Then yes :) you lose the icon - on the left- If you adopt :) .doesn't seem fair.