Little Quest TB/Coin race HQ

Team Sieni

In the LQ thread Tiger Eyes suggested a TB to visit all LQ caches. I liked the idea so I thought a race might be in order. Tiger Eyes agreed, so here we go!

So my proposal is to make this thread race HQ.

Just release your TB with a mission to visit all of the LQ caches, and announce the fact on here. Obviously if you release it in a LQ cache you are giving it a good start, but that's not mandatory.

I can't think any rules. Perhaps one rule against a cacher logging a TB in and out of one cache and heading off to another? (ie the bug must do all the legwork itself and must rest awhile in each LQ cache). What do you think?

If we have more than a couple of takers I will periodically post a leader board (no of caches, distance travelled) to this thread, thus bumping it back up.

Knowing the speed of most TBs it could be a loooooong race.

In the LQ thread Tiger Eyes suggested a TB to visit all LQ caches. I liked the idea so I thought a race might be in order. Tiger Eyes agreed, so here we go!

So my proposal is to make this thread race HQ.

Just release your TB with a mission to visit all of the LQ caches, and announce the fact on here. Obviously if you release it in a LQ cache you are giving it a good start, but that's not mandatory.

I can't think any rules. Perhaps one rule against a cacher logging a TB in and out of one cache and heading off to another? (ie the bug must do all the legwork itself and must rest awhile in each LQ cache). What do you think?

If we have more than a couple of takers I will periodically post a leader board (no of caches, distance travelled) to this thread, thus bumping it back up.

Knowing the speed of most TBs it could be a loooooong race.

I'm in just got some new tbs set up so one will be on its way soon, great idea

Thanks for the pointer. I'll try to post a first leader board next week sometime.

In answer to other questions. No, there's no need for special naming or anything like that. Just post the name or code (the one beginning TB...) on this thread and I'll pick it up.

The LQ:ESSEX Racer (TB1R2VF) was dropped in the LQ:ESSEX West Wood Ho! cache today......He's Off And Running :(

Entrants so far :

LQ:ESSEX Racer by The Lavender Hill Mob

Garfield helps redtalut's LQ quest by redtalut

LQ:Defender 110 by Al & Tracy Smith

LQ Racer - Tiger-Eyes by Tiger Eyes

Cheshire Chris Moose - Little Quest Hunter by bargee

No progress information added yet, but no one's got far.

Cheshire chris moose has been released on saturday 1/12//08 into LQ:manchester king of swing, it was a tight squeeze but he fitted

I will add the above (and any more that appear) to my list.

Incidentally, back in the days when I thought someone might give a hoot what I think, I posted a short list of potential new features for the site on the main forum. Things like: fix the bugs in caches along a route ...

One of my suggestions was to enable bookmark lists to contain any kind of GC.com entity - not just caches. So you could bookmark trackables (TBs in a race), cachers (maybe people planning to attend an event), logs, and so on.

If I could bookmark trackables that's just what I'd do right now.

Honest question : why is the final of LQ only a micro? The Pupmeister [sic] told us that we all have to make our caches at least a small. Referee!!

Cos there was that much faffing on the other quest about how fantastic a prize you would need, and it would be very expensive and posh and made of gold etc etc. So I thought I'd counter it with a micro - c'mon you wouldn't cache every county for some swaps would you? :D:(:D

Edited by PopUpPirate

Honest question : why is the final of LQ only a micro? The Pupmeister [sic] told us that we all have to make our caches at least a small. Referee!!

Cos there was that much faffing on the other quest about how fantastic a prize you would need, and it would be very expensive and posh and made of gold etc etc. So I thought I'd counter it with a micro - c'mon you wouldn't cache every county for some swaps would you? :ph34r::unsure::rolleyes:

I don't give a t... tinkers cuss about swaps, but it had better be one D.A.M.N. fine micro, ie. expensive, posh and made out of gold! Or... you could set a proper cache! :unsure:

stir stir stirrity stir

:unsure:

Sorry I've been a very lazy on this. I haven't even launched my own.

If anyone else has LQ bugs out there, or decides to send one, do tell me and I'll add them to my list.

Bargee's "Cheshire Chris Moose" with 6 has opened up a lead of two over the pack who all have 4, with the Weston's bringing up the rear with one.

6 Cheshire Chris Moose - Little Quest Hunter (bargee)

4 Garfield helps redtalut's LQ quest(redtalut)

4 LQ:Defender 110(Al & Tracy Smith)

4 LQ:ESSEX Racer(The Lavender Hill Mob)

4 LQ Racer - Tiger-Eyes (Tiger Eyes)

4 Ayepee's LQ Racer (ayepee)

1 The Mean Machine - LQ Racer (TheWeston's)

The full details are:

Garfield helps redtalut's LQ quest(redtalut)

04 Dec 2007 Suffolk

19 Dec 2007 Hertfordshire

27 Jan 2008 Derbyshire

29 Jan 2008 West Midlands

LQ:Defender 110(Al & Tracy Smith)

05 Dec 2007 Bristol

31 Dec 2007 Gloucestershire

01 Jan 2008 Wiltshire

21 Mar 2008 Rutland

LQ:ESSEX Racer(The Lavender Hill Mob)

29 Nov 2007 Essex

27 Jan 2008 Buckinghamshire

08 Mar 2008 Oxon

14 Apr 2008 Staffordshire

LQ Racer - Tiger-Eyes (Tiger Eyes)

04 Dec 2007 Suffolk

27 Dec 2007 Buckinghamshire

15 Feb 2008 Warwickshire

06 Apr 2008 Shropshire

Cheshire Chris Moose - Little Quest Hunter (bargee)

01 Dec 2007 Gtr Manchester

07 Dec 2007 Wiltshire

06 Jan 2008 Gloucestershire

05 Feb 2008 Herefordshire

17 Feb 2008 Worcestershire

25 Mar 2008 Cheshire

Ayepee's LQ Racer (ayepee)

29 Dec 2007 Herefordshire

01 Jan 2008 Bristol

09 Feb 2008 Somerset

30 Mar 2008 Devon

The Mean Machine - LQ Racer (TheWeston's)

29 Dec 2008 Kent

Edit: Missed out Ayepee and Weston's. Edited to correct

Edited by Team Sieni

Doh bad news indeed. However Mean Machine has now finally left LQ Kent so there is always the chance of getting to another LQ cache.

Am I allowed to go grab it next time I am visiting another county myself?

Sure, as long as it gets to rest in the next cache on its own (ie you don't arrive at the cache, dip it in and out and move on to the next. You're still ahead of my LQ racer which is an unactivated tag in a drawer!