Nuvii 200 and map

Dirtnapper

it looks like an advanced basemap with poi's and such.....the only thing the garmin website says is (regional).....I have no idea what that means exactly but the demo they provide looks decent.... and you can put an sd card in it so the option to improve the maps is always there, the manual lists nothing about checking battery status, but as long as the unit is plugged in that is not an issue

Usage: 5w max

Charge time: approx 4 hours

Battery life: up to 5 hours

Charge time: approx 4 hours

Battery life: up to 5 hours

Take note of the "up to 5 hours". I have been using my Nuvii 200 to go geocaching after I got it for driving. I have been out on several trails when the battery was running out as I was on my way back on the trail. It says up to 5 hours but if I have it on constantly I have seen it run down in a little over 3 hours. So just be prepared if you are going on a long hike, that you need to make sure it is fully charged before you head into the woods, because these things you cannot just plop in a new set of batteries while out on the trail, and may have to navigate your own way back.

Edited by jenwardwell