RAINFOREST JEWEL GEOCOIN

tsunrisebey

The Rainforest Jewel Geocoin Version 1 has shipped and should be here in a couple of days, please start watching for your Paypal Invoices starting anywhere from this Weds. to Friday ;) Version 1 is sold out, Thank you for your continued support!

INFO: : 2.25", 3.5mm, trackable w/icon (working on this part still), 17 gems, translucents, multiple textures and 2 layers. The back says; NATURE NEVER GOES OUT OF STYLE

Version 2 Info: I am waiting on sample pictures from the mint, hopefully I should have them by end of this week or early next week. The V2 will be done in Antique Copper, Antique Silver and Black Nickel. The gems colors have been changed and the colors on the Black Nickel (only) have been changed. They will go up for preorder as soon as I receive the pictures and approve the changes (gotta make sure the changes look good). I will update this thread asap for those of you who might be interested in placing orders for the V2 :blink:

For now here are some close-up pictures of the V1 (Gold 150, Silver 125, Black Nickel 25 [mine])

RJGoldFront.JPG

RJGoldBack.JPG

RJSilverFront.JPG

RJSilverBack.JPG

RJBNFront.JPG

RJBNBack.JPG

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Version 2 Info: I am waiting on sample pictures from the mint, hopefully I should have them by end of this week or early next week. The V2 will be done in Antique Copper, Antique Silver and Black Nickel. The gems colors have been changed and the colors on the Black Nickel (only) have been changed. They will go up for preorder as soon as I receive the pictures and approve the changes (gotta make sure the changes look good). I will update this thread asap for those of you who might be interested in placing orders for the V2 :D

Those look great Tsun!!!!!! Can't wait to see these babies in person! ;)

*patiently waiting for V2* :blink:

RJGoldBack.JPG

Okay, I just had one of those "I get it now" moments, wow do I feel dense.

Those red toes are the suction cups.....

They look really beautiful and can't wait to see them in person!

Ah, yes! I suppose at 3:00 in the morning when I was typing up this thread, I hadn'ty thought about adding the inspiration or the explanation of the coin (which now makes sense to you, lol).

These were another Belize inspired coin. Many of you already know I spent a small portion of summer 2007 there studying with a Mayan Indain tribe. Anyhow, with the abundance of wildlife surrounding me, I was really touched by all the frogs I saw down there. So many beautiful colors and designs! I've never really been a big frog person but after holding these little tiny, delicate creatures, I fell in love with them. They had these little suction cup toes and I just thought that was so neat, a great little natural feature of a creature :unsure:

So there ya have it, that's why I did one more frog coin, lol. I had to get those little suction cup toes on a coin somehow. :anicute:

Belize Mexican Tree Frog on my hand and on life vest:

MTF1.jpg

mexicantreefroghand.jpg

mexicantreefrog.jpg

Edited by tsunrisebey

I've been to both Belize and Costa Rica...very nice! plenty of frogs and small critters, plus we saw a sloth (or some kind of furry black critter in a tree). Aren't some of these frogs poisonous? Seems our guide was saying something about that.

I love going to other countries and checking out their cultures...Costa Rica would be my choice of new homes if I moved. I'd be ableto live like a king there!

BTW Steph...did you know you can go to college to become a Dr....for around $10,000 for the 4 year course!! (or anything you want to study actually). You'd have to get certification in the states, but it's a BIG leg up! Not that you're studying to become a doc......

Sorry...back to your regularly scheduled programming!

It'll be quite a while before we'll be able to take a trip like that (especially considering how much we spend on geocoins :anicute: )! So, for now, we'll just have to be happy with the cute little frogs and toads we find around here:

58c2a300-5751-43e1-8d1c-9b4b44c8c0f0.jpg

Oh, and of course, the couple of V1 coins we reserved! :unsure:

Edited by MommyFinder

How on Earth did I miss out on V1?!! Did this just happen while i was in Costa Rica? BTW we saw these tree frogs, many iguanas, morpho butterflies, and the children actually fed Toucans while we were there. I would recommend going to ANYONE!

Of course, that said...can I get on the list for V2, pretty please?

Me, too. Please put me on the list for a V2.

Are the V2 going to be on the same order quantities as V1? Meaning are the black nickel going to be only yours or will you be able to order them this go around? :anicute:

The V2 will be an open order. I will have a webpage set up where anyone can order as many and any of the V2 versions (Black Nickel, Antique Copper, Antique Silver) as they want. There will not be a set limit, I'll announce totals after the preorder is closed. I will not be making another tsun version or a secret version, the original Black Nickels are all I will have for my use (25 coins total). After the V2 preorders are closed, there will be no more minted and the coin will be considered retired. I'll probably leave the preorder time frame open for about 3 to 5 days. Coins will have to be paid for at the time of preorder. I will then purchase tracking numbers and place the order with the mint. I expect the V2 coins to be delivered anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks after I submit the final order to the mint. Right now all I'm waiting on are sample pictures so you all decide what coins you would like to order for yourselves. I hope that answers your's and anyone else's questions :unsure:

I'll make sure everyone has plenty of time to get orders in or make arrangements. I'll keep this thread and my website (New Designs page) updated and I'll get newsletters sent out too with a link for preorders. No one should miss out this go 'round :unsure:

Edited by tsunrisebey

Are the V2 going to be on the same order quantities as V1? Meaning are the black nickel going to be only yours or will you be able to order them this go around? :anicute:

The V2 will be an open order. I will have a webpage set up where anyone can order as many and any of the V2 versions (Black Nickel, Antique Copper, Antique Silver) as they want. There will not be a set limit, I'll announce totals after the preorder is closed. I will not be making another tsun version or a secret version, the original Black Nickels are all I will have for my use (25 coins total). After the V2 preorders are closed, there will be no more minted and the coin will be considered retired. I'll probably leave the preorder time frame open for about 3 to 5 days. Coins will have to be paid for at the time of preorder. I will then purchase tracking numbers and place the order with the mint. I expect the V2 coins to be delivered anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks after I submit the final order to the mint. Right now all I'm waiting on are sample pictures so you all decide what coins you would like to order for yourselves. I hope that answers your's and anyone else's questions :unsure:

I'll make sure everyone has plenty of time to get orders in or make arrangements. I'll keep this thread and my website (New Designs page) updated and I'll get newsletters sent out too with a link for preorders. No one should miss out this go 'round :unsure:

I would like to be put on the list for either or both versions :)It has been a while since I a coin has made my jaw drop. Yours did the trick! BEAUTIFUL and very creative!

Each look at these and they get better and better. I can only imagine them in person. Sweet - totally. :laughing:

Hey how are your Belize caches doing?

The 2 hurricanes (level 5) washed the island one away and the one in the jungle got washed into the river ;) Sad part was I still fighting to get them published had they let me keep them where they originally were they would have had a good chance at survival. That whole mess is a very sore subject with me considering all effort I put in prior to leaving making sure I was doing things properly and getting approval. Oh well, not even worth talking about anymore.

please put me on the reserv for the V2, I will need 6, 3 of each metal, have to have one for each grandson, beautiful, love the red toes, had to finifh reading to discover the why of them ;)

FB,

I'll be posting a link hopefully real soon for preorders. Then you can pick and choose what you want/need :laughing: Now to get that grandbaby in a Griz onesie.

tsun :D

:) Guess what just arrived 5 minutes ago? Oh my goodness are these things as cute as can be! Make sure when you get them you let the light shine on them, those little gems sparkle like stars in the sky. I think there are going to be some very happy people :) I need to eat some lunch first and then I start invoices and packaging.

While all 3 versions are beautiful, I have to admit the BN is even more impressive in person. So if you have any plans to order the V2, I'd definitely make sure you order a BN. That is my 2 geocents worth but they all look incredible. I'm very pleased with the job the mint did on these coins!

Ok, going to make some mac-n-cheese, then off to Paypal land :(