ULTIMATE SACRIFICE Dog Tag Coin for Sale

USA 45

I have 4 of these tag coins myself, 2 of which I have sent out on their travels so far, one is for a high school friend of mine who paid the ultimate price in Vietnam..... I think it is a great idea and USA 45 has put alot of her time into this. I know Arlene personally and this is a passion with her and she is not into it for the money. You should see her soldier garden and you may appreciate what this is all about. I know I do and God Bless all veterans.

It would be nice to see pics of the garden and info card going out with these. Just my 2 cents worht

I'm sorry I still don't know how to put pic's on here, thanks to other members they put up US Coin pic. But you can go to my web site and click on the garden and you can see most of it.

http://www.ohiosultimatesacrifices.com

Great pics Arline!

To post pics, you need to save them to a site like photobucket or such. You then use the url (I think) to post the pic here....it's complicated, but not complicated!

I have 4 of these tag coins myself, 2 of which I have sent out on their travels so far, one is for a high school friend of mine who paid the ultimate price in Vietnam..... I think it is a great idea and USA 45 has put alot of her time into this. I know Arlene personally and this is a passion with her and she is not into it for the money. You should see her soldier garden and you may appreciate what this is all about. I know I do and God Bless all veterans.

It would be nice to see pics of the garden and info card going out with these. Just my 2 cents worht

I'm sorry I still don't know how to put pic's on here, thanks to other members they put up US Coin pic. But you can go to my web site and click on the garden and you can see most of it.

Great pics Arline!

To post pics, you need to save them to a site like photobucket or such. You then use the url (I think) to post the pic here....it's complicated, but not complicated!

Thank you very very much, I need to work on getting it ready for the snow (UGGGG) small christmas tree and so artifical items for them. It's starting to look bare. I tried to do that url thing and it didn't work for me. mousekakat uploaded a few pic's maybe she can tell me how she did it. Thanks again.

Nope That didnt work

Edited by USA 45

I hope I get this right.

still not right uggggg

Edited by USA 45

Type of Card I send If Needed

Matt.jpg

These Tags were made for a great cause, USA45 is not doing this for the money or trying to make money off of a soldier who has died. Every time she sends out some she has more made to honor those who have fallen. Many people forget what this war has done to our families and friends, We were once United after 9-11, But since then everyone has forgotten what it means to be an American. Its no longer How can I help you friend, its get out of my way.

When the next 9-11 hits everyone will be all united again, but at what price. We as humans should follow the golden rule, Do Unto Others, as you Would Have done Unto You. Live Life to its fullest and support the right cause. Pick your fights as you would pick your friends.

Honor those who Sacrifice every day for your freedom, you are not out there and neither am I, We are only told part of the picture going on. Our Soldiers, Sons, Daughters, Friends and Relatives are there 1st hand fighting for YOUR freedom and mine. If you wish to support USA45 and help her make her goal of 4000 tags for each soldier that has been Injured, Captured or killed in the line of duty for our freedom. Buy some tags, This is something she has started doing out of the kindness of her heart, She didn't have to do this but is so Patriotic that she felt the need to do this. I applaud her efforts and I continue to support what she is doing.

Great Job USA45

These Tags were made for a great cause, USA45 is not doing this for the money or trying to make money off of a soldier who has died. Every time she sends out some she has more made to honor those who have fallen. Many people forget what this war has done to our families and friends, We were once United after 9-11, But since then everyone has forgotten what it means to be an American. Its no longer How can I help you friend, its get out of my way.

When the next 9-11 hits everyone will be all united again, but at what price. We as humans should follow the golden rule, Do Unto Others, as you Would Have done Unto You. Live Life to its fullest and support the right cause. Pick your fights as you would pick your friends.

Honor those who Sacrifice every day for your freedom, you are not out there and neither am I, We are only told part of the picture going on. Our Soldiers, Sons, Daughters, Friends and Relatives are there 1st hand fighting for YOUR freedom and mine. If you wish to support USA45 and help her make her goal of 4000 tags for each soldier that has been Injured, Captured or killed in the line of duty for our freedom. Buy some tags, This is something she has started doing out of the kindness of her heart, She didn't have to do this but is so Patriotic that she felt the need to do this. I applaud her efforts and I continue to support what she is doing.

Great Job USA45

I have to wonder about such posts: "I remember 9/11 and YOU don't. I honor our troops and YOU don't. If YOU don't become involved with my pet project YOU clearly are not as concerned/dedicated/as good an American as I am."

Or am I misunderstanding this?

Clearly you misunderstand, I never said any of those things, You are the one who put meaning into the words I wrote, So if that is what you got maybe you should look more closely at yourself. What I get is this is a genuinely positive purpose that is being done without any hesitation and our of her own pocket. Would you buy 4000 tags and put them out for the same reason, Would I, Most likely none of us would, But USA45 is so don't make this a sob story just remember this is about our freedom which started because of 9-11, and she is doing a good deed by trying to help us to remember those who have fallen. Stop trying to make this about yourself.

Edited by SoCalGeocoins

Great Job USA45

I have to wonder about such posts: "I remember 9/11 and YOU don't. I honor our troops and YOU don't. If YOU don't become involved with my pet project YOU clearly are not as concerned/dedicated/as good an American as I am."

Or am I misunderstanding this?

I have asked Keystone to close this tread down, As I feel I must being doing wrong here. I know I got off wrong and not putting all the discription of the coin in my beging. But like I said I do this for a reason. I will continue to sell them 1 for 1 at my site and at cointracking. which my site needs to be changed as I didnt define it there either. LIVE AND LEARN ,Thank you all for your time

Edited by USA 45

Great Job USA45

Wait, wait, wait, you're all over the map here.

Point #1: USA45's coins. I'm sure that she's doing a great thing by having them made and everything. I'm not denying that doing something to remember fallen and missing soldiers is a good thing. It's a nice gesture. However, please DO try to understand and look at it from the perspective of EVERYONE else on here, who DOES NOT know USA45. From OUR perspective, someone we've never heard of before came on the forum and said, "Hi, I'm making geocoins commemorating POW / MIAs and soldiers KIA. Wanna buy 'em? They're more expensive than other geocoins, and I'm not going to tell you where the money goes."

YES, after many questions, and USA45 getting a bit hot about being questioned, she finally did...sorta...answer the question of "where's the money going" (answer: to buy more coins. Or to support her garden. I'm not very clear on that, and yes I have read the whole thread).

Point #2: If I say "I'm not supporting this because quite frankly USA45's garden isn't exactly what I'd call a charitable contribution, and I'd rather not", that doesn't make me any less patriotic than she is. MAKING A COIN isn't "patriotic" any more than flying a flag is patriotic.

These coins have nothing to do with September 11, 2001. My view of them have nothing to do with that date, either. I absolutely have not "forgotten" the impact of this war, and it's quite rude and presumptuous of you to state that anyone that isn't 100% in favor of what USA45 is doing and isn't queuing up to purchase her coins has forgotten.

You have NO idea what the rest of us are doing to support the war, or the people fighting the war. You have NO idea what other people are giving up and sacrificing, any more than WE have an idea what USA45 is doing.

Care to rephrase that?

Edited by PAWSitraction

Great Job USA45

Wait, wait, wait, you're all over the map here.

Point #1: USA45's coins. I'm sure that she's doing a great thing by having them made and everything. I'm not denying that doing something to remember fallen and missing soldiers is a good thing. It's a nice gesture. However, please DO try to understand and look at it from the perspective of EVERYONE else on here, who DOES NOT know USA45. From OUR perspective, someone we've never heard of before came on the forum and said, "Hi, I'm making geocoins commemorating POW / MIAs and soldiers KIA. Wanna buy 'em? They're more expensive than other geocoins, and I'm not going to tell you where the money goes."

YES, after many questions, and USA45 getting a bit hot about being questioned, she finally did...sorta...answer the question of "where's the money going" (answer: to buy more coins. Or to support her garden. I'm not very clear on that, and yes I have read the whole thread).

Point #2: If I say "I'm not supporting this because quite frankly USA45's garden isn't exactly what I'd call a charitable contribution, and I'd rather not", that doesn't make me any less patriotic than she is. MAKING A COIN isn't "patriotic" any more than flying a flag is patriotic.

These coins have nothing to do with September 11, 2001. My view of them have nothing to do with that date, either. I absolutely have not "forgotten" the impact of this war, and it's quite rude and presumptuous of you to state that anyone that isn't 100% in favor of what USA45 is doing and isn't queuing up to purchase her coins has forgotten.

You have NO idea what the rest of us are doing to support the war, or the people fighting the war. You have NO idea what other people are giving up and sacrificing, any more than WE have an idea what USA45 is doing.

Care to rephrase that?

Please stop this, I don't want anyone having hard feelings and being hurt over this. A lot of people read in to post as they see it. Yes I did get a little hot when I was being asked things that I went in to see if anyone else was asked. This is the reason I asked Keystone to remove this thread.

Please understand, I'm not trying to pick on you. It's a nice idea for commemoration. I get that. I agree with the concept, frankly.

I'm just saying that when you ask people to spend THEIR money on something, they want to know what it's for. If it's a greater-than-usual price for something, they're going to ask more questions.

If it's charging money to commemorate fallen / missing soldiers, because they're so near and dear to peoples' hearts, people are going to want to know WHERE that money is going.

Other people didn't get asked where the money was going for their coins, because their coins weren't POW / MIA coins. YOURS are, so you did.

And SoCal, I do understand - you want to help defend your friend. I get that too. But stating or implying that the rest of us just aren't patriotic if we don't buy her coins or support her unquestioningly really isn't a good way to go about it.

I thought the coins were a cool idea when I saw them, and I'm a complete sucker for soldier-commemoration stuff. But when I'm spending MY money on something, I want to know how that money's being spent.

Not everyone who asks questions about your intent is malicious.

Not everyone who asks questions about your intent is out to get you.

I, personally, know at least a few of the people who asked questions in this thread.

I know by reputation several more.

I can tell you that they had no malice intent. They were not trying to be mean, nasty, or "slam" anyone. They're very nice, gracious, patient, PATRIOTIC people, who would've probably ponied up for several tags / coins / whatever they are, had a simple post saying "I'm having these made as I can afford a batch; any money that I get from the sale of the ones I have now goes right back into the kitty for the NEXT set of them" had been made.

Just sayin.

Edited by PAWSitraction

I'd like to chime in as well.

First off, I'm with PAWS, I have a special place for things honoring our men & women in uniform. But I am slightly uncomfortable with using individual names, photos, etc. without the permission of the families.

The use of the proceeds to buy the next batch of tags....cool. The use of proceeds to add to your garden...not cool. While it is a garden honoring those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and may be open and accessable by the general public, the fact remains that it is a private garden owned by you. So even though it goes to your soldier's garden, you are still profiting from it.

I personally would have a much warmer reception to the idea if the split of money was next batch production/charity for the families of the fallen soldiers. Not a private garden.

Just my $0.02.

It seems to me like there are really only a couple of people [complaining] here about this idea. Could it be that they are upset because they didn't come up with the idea? I am a Vietnam vet myself and I think that it is great that USA 45 is doing this for our fallen heros, it is quite a project she has undertaken. I wonder how many of the people complaining here are vets themselves.

[Edited for language by moderator.]

Edited by Keystone

First off, I'm with PAWS, I have a special place for things honoring our men & women in uniform. But I am slightly uncomfortable with using individual names, photos, etc. without the permission of the families.

The use of the proceeds to buy the next batch of tags....cool. The use of proceeds to add to your garden...not cool. While it is a garden honoring those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and may be open and accessable by the general public, the fact remains that it is a private garden owned by you. So even though it goes to your soldier's garden, you are still profiting from it.

I personally would have a much warmer reception to the idea if the split of money was next batch production/charity for the families of the fallen soldiers. Not a private garden.

Just my $0.02.

Did I say it was going to my garden, If I did that was a mistake, as I buy more coins with what is left over.I will check my post to see If I did do this. I wondered why a few people said something about that. But I have oered my second batch and Im still putting out TS tags on my ohio soldiers. When Im done I will put them out for other states. Thanks Arline

Just my $0.02.

Did I say it was going to my garden, If I did that was a mistake, as I buy more coins with what is left over.I will check my post to see If I did do this. I wondered why a few people said something about that. But I have oered my second batch and Im still putting out TS tags on my ohio soldiers. When Im done I will put them out for other states. Thanks Arline

Yes, in one of your early posts, you elluded to some of the money going to your garden.

And not to nit-pick, and a slight aside, but did you get permission to use the GC.com logo on your webpage?

Edit - OP answered the question just as I posted.

Are any of the proceeds going to soldier related charites?

I had these made for our soldiers, and said I would put one out for our men and women who have lost their lives since 2001. I use proceeds for for The Garden and to have more Tags made . There are 500 of these in print. I still have over 3000 to buy and most likely more.

There ya go.

Edit - OP answered the question just as I posted.

Are any of the proceeds going to soldier related charites?

I had these made for our soldiers, and said I would put one out for our men and women who have lost their lives since 2001. I use proceeds more Tags made . There are 500 of these in print. I still have over 3000 to buy and most likely more.

Sorry I did put Garden but that was my fault as I do all my typing in email than copy and post so I think maybe that is how it got here. But This does not fund my garden.

Just my $0.02.

Yes, in one of your early posts, you elluded to some of the money going to your garden.

And not to nit-pick, and a slight aside, but did you get permission to use the GC.com logo on your webpage?

As far as the logo I understand that you can use them . I only have it on my main page as we wre grocachers.

And also The cards that are put out all the information for each soldier is on the web for the public. I have gotten many emails thanking me for the tag and notes from family members saying they know their soldier willl not before gotten. I keep Sgt. Keith "Matt" Maupin out there to keep people aware that he is Captured and so he is not forgotten. Same for our soldiers we have lost. Most site I know have gards on their pictures ground speak doe not .

Just my $0.02.

As far as the logo I understand that you can use them . I only have it on my main page as we wre grocachers.

And also The cards that are put out all the information for each soldier is on the web for the public. I have gotten many emails thanking me for the tag and notes from family members saying they know their soldier willl not before gotten. I keep Sgt. Keith "Matt" Maupin out there to keep people aware that he is Captured and so he is not forgotten. Same for our soldiers we have lost. Most site I know have gards on their pictures ground speak doe not .

You understand wrong. There is a public-domain geocaching logo, but the one in question is a registered trademark of Groundspeak. Someone a little more knowledgeable might chime in with more details of approved useage.

Just my $0.02.

You understand wrong. There is a public-domain geocaching logo, but the one in question is a registered trademark of Groundspeak. Someone a little more knowledgeable might chime in with more details of approved useage.

I will call and find out thank you , Its the same loge I use on all my pamplets I put out for People to get in to geocaching. I think Groundspeak has already been to my site after all this here on the tread.

Just my $0.02.

will you share something with me? How did you get that bold print on your post. I can't seem to do it. If I had that might have not been to many things I typed in caps Thanks Arline

To get bold, use the add reply button instead of fast reply and highlight the text you want bold then click the "B"

Could you give the dimensions, including the thickness of these coins? I think it's a great project, I'm just wondering how big and thick the coins are, and who made them for ya :D

Naomi :D

To get bold, use the add reply button instead of fast reply and highlight the text you want bold then click the "B"

Could you give the dimensions, including the thickness of these coins? I think it's a great project, I'm just wondering how big and thick the coins are, and who made them for ya :D

The coins are 2" tall (previous post), but I too was wondering on thickness. And, judging from the backup posts, I'm going with SoCal as the vendor.

The coins are 2" tall (previous post), but I too was wondering on thickness. And, judging from the backup posts, I'm going with SoCal as the vendor.

I think they are about the thinkness of reg tags. I think your right Moop

Thanks

For the record:

1. I did receive a request to close this thread, but it was later retracted by the OP. So, that's why it's still open. The OP may ask for their thread to be closed at any time by using the "report this post" button.

2. The use of a Groundspeak logo on your website is governed by the Geocaching Logo Usage Guidelines. Note, for example, that the logo has to be a link back to Geocaching.com. Your logo doesn't link.

3. Any cache placed at the pictured Garden would require prior approval from Groundspeak, as has already been communicated to the OP on a prior cache submission.