ULTIMATE SACRIFICE Dog Tag Coin for Sale

USA 45

ULTIMATE SACRIFICE Dog Tag Coin

They are made of Stainless Steel recessed with Black and white enamel. They have a Ball chain with a small holder from chain. and can be attached as any regular travel bug.

This Tag has a Unique Icon that is trackable at geocaching.com (On The back) This is in Remembrance of Soldiers who are in the Service ,Captured or have Died in the line of duty.

They are 2" tall a little wider than a reg. dog tag.

$8.50 S&H 3.50 add. .50

You Can purchase at the following.

WWW.Cointracking.com

or Under Travel Tags at

http://www.ohiosultimatesacrifices.com

For every coin sold one goes out for another Soldier.

I'm new at this so please ask what questions you like.

Thanks USA 45

Edited by USA 45

I really like the idea of this "coin" but like nicolo I have questions also about the material used, the dimensions, how many were minted, etc. On the web page you list http://www.ohiosultimatesacrifices.com/ it is called a "travel tag", what separates this "coin" from the "Travel Bug Dog Tags"? If this is just a Travel Bug Dog Tag in disguise then I agree that $12.00 shipped is definitely a bit high. I will wait for more details before I decide.

Edit - OP answered the question just as I posted.

Are any of the proceeds going to soldier related charites?

I had these made for our soldiers, and said I would put one out for our men and women who have lost their lives since 2001. I use proceeds for for The Garden and to have more Tags made . There are 500 of these in print. I still have over 3000 to buy and most likely more.

Whereas I like the concept, this looks like a travel bug tag not a geocoin. Can you please clarify?

I have no Idea why Groundspeak gave the ICON a geocoin statice. When ordering the codes I guess beings it is an ICON its noted as a coin. On my site I call them Tags.

Edited by USA 45

Whereas I like the concept, this looks like a travel bug tag not a geocoin. Can you please clarify?

I have no Idea why Groundspeak gave the ICON a geocoin statice. When ordering the codes I guess beings it is an ICON its noted as a coin. On my site I call them Tags.

I'm guessing because they can't sell you "Travel Bug tag" codes. Unless something changed recently. Therefore, they have to sell you "coin codes" and you can use them at your leisure. :anicute:

However, it's doesn't change the fact that it's a Traveling dog tag, not a geocoin. :unsure:

I'm still kinda sketchy on the charity aspect here. All the proceeds go to buying more tags, or to placing decorations in a 40x20 garden on your property?

edit to add --

Which (the garden) looks mighty nice, btw.

Edited by The Moop Along

Ok, let's see if we can hotlink it...

USA45_edition_DogtagfrontFront300.jpg

USA45_edition_DogtagbackBack300.jpg

Looks like 200 were minted, it does have its own icon.

I think it's made to look like a dogtag to represent the soldiers' tags, and of course, the travel bug tags already resemble a dog tag.

USA, these are enameled, right? They are something that you had done through a coin vendor?

I think the confusion here is that they look like the regular travelbugs that sell for about 5 bucks a piece.

I think it's really nice that for each that you sell you send one out travelling in the name of a lost soldier!

Good luck,

Naomi :anicute:

I'm guessing because they can't sell you "Travel Bug tag" codes. Unless something changed recently. Therefore, they have to sell you "coin codes" and you can use them at your leisure. :anicute:

However, it's doesn't change the fact that it's a Traveling dog tag, not a geocoin. :unsure:

I'm still kinda sketchy on the charity aspect here. All the proceeds go to buying more tags, or to placing decorations in a 40x20 garden on your property?

edit to add --

IF I'm reading things right, it is a coin, it's a shaped one, and meant to look like a soldier's dog tags :unsure:

edit to add --

This are made by a coin company and Groundspeak is the one who gave it the COIN term. And yes the garden is on my property. To the very front so there is access from the road. This is also going to be a geocache someday. I need to close my other one in my yard. I see star fish ,bars and other one that are not coins just figures. They say they are coins so I think it has something to do with the ICON .I take it the

ICON was made for coins but if you buy the icon and buy the codes it's up as a coin.

I'm guessing because they can't sell you "Travel Bug tag" codes. Unless something changed recently. Therefore, they have to sell you "coin codes" and you can use them at your leisure. :unsure:

However, it's doesn't change the fact that it's a Traveling dog tag, not a geocoin. :anicute:

edit to add --

IF I'm reading things right, it is a coin, it's a shaped one, and meant to look like a soldier's dog tags :unsure:

LoL You got it.

That's the problem, right there. Tags to geocachers mean TBs with the generic TB icon. Your coins are shaped like tags (much like coinbuddies and other assistance tags used to educate the user in what to do with a geocoin found in a cache) but have a custom icon and are therefore geocoins since only Groundspeak is responsible for the making of TB DogTags. :unsure:

Part of the problem is trying to sell something and not knowing the language or the culture of your buyers. By calling it one thing when your buyers know it as something else is going to mess up your sales pitch. :unsure::anicute:

It also looks like you've activated and named 47 of your Dogtag Coins for individuals who've died in the course of their service. :anibad:

Here's the coin and it's custom icon.

cf1f5cc0-bffd-4036-80cb-e98a9d8930d4.jpgc66fd733-66bb-4fac-a9e0-f05dba1bfbab.jpg39977e86-a08f-4df1-a7c9-c69e53faa2f8.jpg

Edited by Droo

That's the problem, right there. Tags to geocachers mean TBs with the generic TB icon. Your coins are shaped like tags (much like coinbuddies and other assistance tags used to educate the user in what to do with a geocoin found in a cache) but have a custom icon and are therefore geocoins since only Groundspeak makes or issues TB DogTags. It also looks like you've activated and named 47 of your Dogtag Coins for individuals who've died in the course of their service.

Here's the coin and it's custom icon.

cf1f5cc0-bffd-4036-80cb-e98a9d8930d4.jpgc66fd733-66bb-4fac-a9e0-f05dba1bfbab.jpg39977e86-a08f-4df1-a7c9-c69e53faa2f8.jpg

I have 65 waiting to be put up It takes time to do their picture tags that go out with them if you have been to my site and open one of the links for a soldier you can see there is a Pic TS and there name. I attach that card and its laminated and then put in a clear Luggage tag. I do that so it saves on wear and tear or the card. I didn't know this was going to snowball like it did on cointracking or I would have been ready . I just got my boys who were stationed in Hawaii from ohio on. I'm just behind. But They will be put up.

Was the art and the size of the item "tag" approved by Groundspeak?

The reason I ask, is I requested a similar item "tag" be approved and Groundspeak said they were not approving other "dog tags".

To clear up the "Coin" in the name. That is hard coded. Look at my Geotags, they say Geotag Geocoin. No way around that (at the moment).

Was the art and the size of the item "tag" approved by Groundspeak?

The reason I ask, is I requested a similar item "tag" be approved and Groundspeak said they were not approving other "dog tags".

To clear up the "Coin" in the name. That is hard coded. Look at my Geotags, they say Geotag Geocoin. No way around that (at the moment).

All I know is when I had it made it was approved and the icon also and they sent me the codes. You were on vacation when I tried to get you to do this for me. And then I saw where you were not doing any thing for a while so I went with another company. But I do thank you for your time . USA 45 Had to change my nic due to my soldiers web site. last nic DILLIGAS45

Ok, so another question. Still for clarity on my part. Is there any stamped metal on this "item". I mean, other than a cutout hole for the chain, it's completely flat right? With some enameled lettering on each side? What is the base material, metal or something else?

I'm going to go back and read the responses again, and the website info. Maybe I just missed this stuff :unsure: Happens all the time :anicute:

You can buy tracking codes for a lot of non-coin items nowadays from what I hear. So that former rule no loger applies. These are not geocoins though. They are a trackable tag with icon.

I understand that as well. you can buy a code for almost anything you want to track. But I was also told, in the recent past, they would not approve dog tags like the TB's.

Ok, so another question. Still for clarity on my part. Is there any stamped metal on this "item". I mean, other than a cutout hole for the chain, it's completely flat right? With some enameled lettering on each side? What is the base material, metal or something else?

I'm going to go back and read the responses again, and the website info. Maybe I just missed this stuff :unsure: Happens all the time :anicute:

Stainless Steel Recessed with Black and white enamel. They have a Ball chain and can be attached as any regular travel bug. 2"tall a little wider that Groundspeak tag. The center is icon and it is indented .

You can buy tracking codes for a lot of non-coin items nowadays from what I hear. So that former rule no loger applies. These are not geocoins though. They are a trackable tag with icon.

Why aren't they coins? They are enameled, shaped, made by a coin company...trackable...

Naomi :anicute:

I would like to respond but don't want to take this thread off topic. I may start another depending on what I hear back from Groundspeak.

BTW, Worthy cause, good luck!

All this NIT PICKING is for the birds. It's up for sale and I don't see anyone esles coin picked apart.

I do this for a reason and it sure the heck isn't to make money. By the time I put in padded enevelope have confirmation receipt attached that eats up the postage. I have mailed 5 at a time and ended up paying extra out of my Pocket. I also have Soldier cards that go with the Tag if Its a soldier we have lost since 2001. if they would like apond request. AT NO COST TO THEM. I don't hear anyone asking other coin sellers this crap. Thanks to our Soldiers you have the right to NIT PICK. But This is a little much.

Alienating your potential customers is usually not a good idea. FYI :anicute:

Your item, albeit not a coin, is obviously very meaningful to you. It's also quite unique in it's structure, design, and cost. Therefore, it's turning a lot of heads and generating a lot of questions. I've never seen anything like it before, so I know I was curious. I don't think anyone here is trying to tell you your cause is not worthy, nor are they saying you are a "for profit" entity. I guess I missed the part where people said it cost too much, or shipping was too high.

Trying to market a new product to a group of people takes time and patience. Let it ride . . :unsure:

All this NIT PICKING is for the birds. It's up for sale and I don't see anyone esles coin picked apart.

I do this for a reason and it sure the heck isn't to make money. By the time I put in padded enevelope have confirmation receipt attached that eats up the postage. I have mailed 5 at a time and ended up paying extra out of my Pocket. I also have Soldier cards that go with the Tag if Its a soldier we have lost since 2001. if they would like apond request. AT NO COST TO THEM. I don't hear anyone asking other coin sellers this crap. Thanks to our Soldiers you have the right to NIT PICK. But This is a little much.

Well, there's a new sales tactic....attack the buyers for asking for info! That should really help your cause. :anicute:

I'm thinking, since you gave very little info, that most would like to know what they are buying? If someone talked to me like that when I was asking questions about a product at a store, I'd walk right out (well, maybe after complaining to management).

People need info to understand what is going on. I've yet to see where the money is going (TMA asked as to charity), no mention of how these were made etc... Yelling at those asking questions...not good!

Alienating your potential customers is usually not a good idea. FYI :anicute:

Your item, albeit not a coin, is obviously very meaningful to you. It's also quite unique in it's structure, design, and cost. Therefore, it's turning a lot of heads and generating a lot of questions. I've never seen anything like it before, so I know I was curious. I don't think anyone here is trying to tell you your cause is not worthy, nor are they saying you are a "for profit" entity. I guess I missed the part where people said it cost too much, or shipping was too high.

Trying to market a new product to a group of people takes time and patience. Let it ride . . :unsure:

Your Right.

I would not have put this Tag in here if it was not for other cachers urging me to do so.

They seem to think we can sell more to buy more to get out the tags in Memory and Honor of our Soldiers.

I have lights on 24/7 RED WHITE and BLUE around my Garden and on my Porch. I have people stop and knock on my door to see the Garden and bring me to tears when I find out one of their family or friends are on my wall of Honor. They leave Angels among other little things like small eagles.and sign my guess book. Yes this does mean a lot to me. My son signed up when he was 17 and he's a Lt.Col now and I'm one of the proud mothers . I dread to hear that knock on the door. But like I was told this is his job and he's doing it. Just as I feel this is my job to let people know LEST WE FORGET. And thought someone might want to put a tag out for their soldier. Thank you for your comment.

Alienating your potential customers is usually not a good idea. FYI :unsure:

Trying to market a new product to a group of people takes time and patience. Let it ride . . :anibad:

Your Right.

I would not have put this Tag in here if it was not for other cachers urging me to do so.

They seem to think we can sell more to buy more to get out the tags in Memory and Honor of our Soldiers.

I have lights on 24/7 RED WHITE and BLUE around my Garden and on my Porch. I have people stop and knock on my door to see the Garden and bring me to tears when I find out one of their family or friends are on my wall of Honor. They leave Angels among other little things like small eagles.and sign my guess book. Yes this does mean a lot to me. My son signed up when he was 17 and he's a Lt.Col now and I'm one of the proud mothers . I dread to hear that knock on the door. But like I was told this is his job and he's doing it. Just as I feel this is my job to let people know LEST WE FORGET. And thought someone might want to put a tag out for their soldier. Thank you for your comment.

Thanks for the note. You will sell more here than you would have without it, even if it's just one :unsure: I'll speculate to say that you've received more than one order today already. Believe it or not, even if I don't order one, the people reading this thread will be more informed, and more likely to make a decision. Either way. I support what you are doing 100%, and I applaud the efforts. If I had known about your garden the last time I was in McConnelsville ( I was the Big Muskie for a spell), I would have stopped by. I will next time I'm down that way.

Just remember, this is all new to "us" today, and we're trying to understand. Keep up the good work. :anicute:

Alienating your potential customers is usually not a good idea. FYI :unsure:

Trying to market a new product to a group of people takes time and patience. Let it ride . . :anibad:

Your Right.

Thanks for the note. You will sell more here than you would have without it, even if it's just one :unsure: I'll speculate to say that you've received more than one order today already. Believe it or not, even if I don't order one, the people reading this thread will be more informed, and more likely to make a decision. Either way. I support what you are doing 100%, and I applaud the efforts. If I had known about your garden the last time I was in McConnelsville ( I was the Big Muskie for a spell), I would have stopped by. I will next time I'm down that way.

Just remember, this is all new to "us" today, and we're trying to understand. Keep up the good work. :anicute:

Hope you got to do the caches around there. I think since I'm new at this And OLD I just got flustered. Thinking i was doing something right. Hope to meet you if you ever get this way again. Arline

Well, there's a new sales tactic....attack the buyers for asking for info! That should really help your cause. :anicute:

I'm thinking, since you gave very little info, that most would like to know what they are buying? If someone talked to me like that when I was asking questions about a product at a store, I'd walk right out (well, maybe after complaining to management).

People need info to understand what is going on. I've yet to see where the money is going (TMA asked as to charity), no mention of how these were made etc... Yelling at those asking questions...not good!

My Bad, I thought Yelling was when you typed in the whole post as caps. Did you ask where the money goes to other coin seller??

My Bad, I thought Yelling was when you typed in the whole post as caps. Did you ask where the money goes to other coin seller??

Sure, when a seller seems to be making a profit on listing dead or missing soldiers. Please don't take offense. I think all the questions and comments have been very respectful in the main.

I think the cause is worthy but your methods are are not well thought out IMHO. As for the speech about postage and mailers I think the $3.50 plus .50 for each extra that you are charging should more than cover that expense. Again I think "your" cause is just though I am leary. I am not trying to pee in your soup but you can't just expect others to blindly jump on board hence all the questions you are receiving.

Other coin sellers don't have the "appearance" of potentially profiting from someone elses pain and suffering. Note that I am not saying you are, just that it has the appearance of profiteering. Again yet another reason why you are getting so many questions. Believe me I would love to have one of these, in fact it is on my seeking list, but NOT at $12.00 shipped. If a tag is being released in a soldiers name for every one sold you might to consider letting the purchaser pick the soldier that is represented so they to can feel connected to your cause. Anyway good luck . . .

Yeah, all caps...and possibly the "tone" (or attitude) you are putting out through your posts. :unsure: As I said, I believe TMA asked as to where the money was going....and YES, if someone is making a profit off our fallen heroes, I would take offense. If the profits are going to a good cause, I'd likely be interested in helping.

And YES, I've asked where the money is going before...and many other questions. Usually, the questions are handled in a "professional" manner. If not, I tend to not care near as much. I applaud your efforts, I too have done a few fund-raisers for our troops....but I'm thinking a better approach to answering questions would certainly help you much better...I know I'm turned off.

Sure, when a seller seems to be making a profit on listing dead or missing soldiers. Please don't take offense. I think all the questions and comments have been very respectful in the main.

I can see your point no offense taken ,but it's not just for the dead. on back of tag it say's who are in the Service ,Captured or have Died in the line of duty. If there is profit to be made it's not on this end. what does come in goes towards more Soldier coins. I hope to have one for every soldier who has passed in the line of duty.

Yeah, all caps...and possibly the "tone" (or attitude) you are putting out through your posts. :unsure: As I said, I believe TMA asked as to where the money was going....and YES, if someone is making a profit off our fallen heroes, I would take offense. If the profits are going to a good cause, I'd likely be interested in helping.

And YES, I've asked where the money is going before...and many other questions. Usually, the questions are handled in a "professional" manner. If not, I tend to not care near as much. I applaud your efforts, I too have done a few fund-raisers for our troops....but I'm thinking a better approach to answering questions would certainly help you much better...I know I'm turned off.

I sorry about anything I said that might have upset you. I know I'm new to this not a Pro, I'm not a business and there is no profit being made since a Tag goes out for another soldier when one is sold.

Other coin sellers don't have the "appearance" of potentially profiting from someone elses pain and suffering. Note that I am not saying you are, just that it has the appearance of profiteering. Again yet another reason why you are getting so many questions. Believe me I would love to have one of these, in fact it is on my seeking list, but NOT at $12.00 shipped. If a tag is being released in a soldiers name for every one sold you might to consider letting the purchaser pick the soldier that is represented so they to can feel connected to your cause. Anyway good luck . . .

I have no problem with the buyer picking a special soldier who has been lost in the line of duty. . I only have access to soldiers that have passed from 2001 to present. If For someone in the service, they will have to email all information. to have Card made for them. At no cost.

I have no problem with the buyer picking a special soldier who has been lost in the line of duty. . I only have access to soldiers that have passed from 2001 to present. If For someone in the service, they will have to email all information. to have Card made for them. At no cost.

I bought 5 of these and I don't give a hoot what they are called. It is the thought that counts and I think this was well intentioned and still is.

You nitpickers who had to keep piling on to defend yourselves are the reason many good causes die before their time. People take this stuff personally. I sure do!!!!!!!!

Questions were asked and answered. I see no reason this thread should have gone on and on.

Now pick on me if you'd like but I won't be back to read it so it'll be a waste of your time which it appears you have a lot of.

GREAT JOB USA 45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought 5 of these and I don't give a hoot what they are called. It is the thought that counts and I think this was well intentioned and still is.

You nitpickers who had to keep piling on to defend yourselves are the reason many good causes die before their time. People take this stuff personally. I sure do!!!!!!!!

Questions were asked and answered. I see no reason this thread should have gone on and on.

Now pick on me if you'd like but I won't be back to read it so it'll be a waste of your time which it appears you have a lot of.

GREAT JOB USA 45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmmm someone has their undies in a bundle holy cow. Nit Picky? Actually I feel it has been quite civil up until your holier than thou post. Contrary to your obvious belief, I doubt there is a poster in this thread that would argue that the concept of this "coin" is not a good one and not well intentioned but I think there have been concerns and hard questions that needed to be asked and they were rightly and respectfully presented to the OP. Whether they have been answered satisfactorily is for others beside me to decide but I do believe people have a right to be informed when they are asked to put out their hard earned dollar for something that was at best vaguely listed. In any case I wish this project well . . .

I have 4 of these tag coins myself, 2 of which I have sent out on their travels so far, one is for a high school friend of mine who paid the ultimate price in Vietnam..... I think it is a great idea and USA 45 has put alot of her time into this. I know Arlene personally and this is a passion with her and she is not into it for the money. You should see her soldier garden and you may appreciate what this is all about. I know I do and God Bless all veterans.

I have 4 of these tag coins myself, 2 of which I have sent out on their travels so far, one is for a high school friend of mine who paid the ultimate price in Vietnam..... I think it is a great idea and USA 45 has put alot of her time into this. I know Arlene personally and this is a passion with her and she is not into it for the money. You should see her soldier garden and you may appreciate what this is all about. I know I do and God Bless all veterans.

It would be nice to see pics of the garden and info card going out with these. Just my 2 cents worht

It would be nice to see pics of the garden and info card going out with these. Just my 2 cents worht

I'm sorry I still don't know how to put pic's on here, thanks to other members they put up US Coin pic. But you can go to my web site and click on the garden and you can see most of it.

http://www.ohiosultimatesacrifices.com