1 more vista hcx question

khh338

Just got a Vista HCX kinda perplexed by this . I go in and pick a way point I created to navigate to . If I power the unit down it when I start it up it doesn't remember what way point I was going to. I have to go in a reselect the way point I was navigating to. I can't seem to find a setting for this. I can't believe I have to recall the way point I'm navigating to every time I start the unit. Is that right ? Thanks KH .

I have had a lot of GPSs, one a Magellan all the rest Garmin and none of them had the ability to return to the page you were on when you powered down. Takes less than 10 sec. to bring up the waypoint again. I also just got a new Vista HCx that took me awhile to get use to. My other GPSs had the Quad Helix so I held them upright. I was doing the same with my HCx and the compass needle went wild. Held it with face up and it worked great. Practice a lot with it and you will find it is really as great as they say it is. Good luck

Must have been something to do with like a 2d lock or something. It works fine outside , inside it shows I have a lock it will give a distance to the waypoint when I hit Goto then if I power down and restart theres no navigation info. Outside I hit goto it will give me a distance to the waypoint if I power down and restart all the navigation info is still there( the distance to the waypoint) . Anyway its working now. Now if they will only get it to register speed under 2 mph.