My First Cointest ...... Christmas Trees!

MommyFinder

I have tried to click and drag or to copy and paste, yet cannot get my tree pictures on here. Any suggestions? This is Windows Vista, but I have had no problems with it until now! Thanks for any help in this matter. Marilyn

P.S. pics are in windows photo gallery and also on my desktop, yet i cannot get them onto here. arghhhh.....

I have tried to click and drag or to copy and paste, yet cannot get my tree pictures on here. Any suggestions? This is Windows Vista, but I have had no problems with it until now! Thanks for any help in this matter. Marilyn

P.S. pics are in windows photo gallery and also on my desktop, yet i cannot get them onto here. arghhhh.....

I upload them to photobucket.com, send them to me and I will upload them for you.

I upload them to photobucket.com, send them to me and I will upload them for you.

you are an angel! sent the tree just now. hope it works. marilyn

heres your tree :mmraspberry: Glad I could help.

whatever_12-2007_11331.jpg

heres your tree :mmraspberry: Glad I could help.

whatever_12-2007_11331.jpg

Well some people did not like this tree, but my wife loves Spongebob and Patrick so this is a winner!!!!!

Here's our 12 foot entry. We moved it to another spot this year and it will probably be somewhere else next year. It takes up most of the living room and the kids want it up early and down late. The trick is finding the right spot so we can still use the living room. :mmraspberry: The kids went at it this year decorating or handing off ornaments to dad up on the very tall ladder! I usually only decorate with Disney but the kids wanted all their baby ornaments up too. Fun family times! Thanks for the cointest. Congrats on your new coin! :mmraspberry:

Happy Holidays!

f2ece7be-c018-4c8f-9b05-042b23c38c13.jpg

It's not the size of the tree or the presents under it that matter. Even though ours is only about 3 feet tall, it brings us much happiness. I think Charlie Brown would be very proud of it. It came from a Campbell's Soup Christmas Display at a store many many years ago. We also own a 10 foot and a 7.5 foot tree, but those will remain in their boxes this year and hopefully in the years to come.

2d59c04d-dc46-4485-9c63-d350cd42c33d.jpg

It's a funny looking tree, but it's ours!

christmas07-7a.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Frozen.Buns, you are an angel!!! Thank you so much for posting my SpongeBob Christmas tree picture. I also have a close-up of the top ornament, which is Patrick. He is my favorite. I have this tree at home now, but it was originally in my tutorial lab at Pearl River Community College. The students loved it!! No surprise there.

One of the ornaments at the bottom is SpongeBob with his Christmas list. The bottom name Plankton is scratched through! Too funny.

Also, thank you, Vegas Gamblers, for the compliment. I love colorful things, and this is just about the most colorful (if not garish) tree I have ever seen. It's my favorite of all the ones I have which inclue an old silver one, a really tall fake fir one, and a Disney one.

This has been a super fun cointest. Plus, I learned about PhotoBucket and especially about how sweet the forum geocachers are!!! Thank you all again. Marilyn

I tried Flickr - but when I go to post I'm told it is an invalid format :)

I'm using Vista

Any suggestions welcome.

Post the picture into one of your caches/cache pages. The post the link to the pic and put the image [/img] around the link, that should do it.

Oh dear, this Fairy hasn't got any caches yet :rolleyes: - but thanks for the info, at least I will know how to do it in the future.

I tried Flickr - but when I go to post I'm told it is an invalid format :)

I'm using Vista

Any suggestions welcome.

Post the picture into one of your caches/cache pages. The post the link to the pic and put the image [/img] around the link, that should do it.

Oh dear, this Fairy hasn't got any caches yet :rolleyes: - but thanks for the info, at least I will know how to do it in the future.

Send me your picture in an email and I will post it for you

There is a story behind my tree that I want to tell before posting the picture.

I swore I would never have an artificial one but a few years ago my dog Pepper decided to use the tree as his own indoor personal urinal. The next year I went artificial. I was really getting stressed out last week working on cleaning the house and getting ready for the holidays. I was days behind my schedule and only started on the tree late last week. Tom's family dinner was Saturday and mine was yesterday. I am decompressing now so I can laugh at what happened. This is basically what I wrote in an email to a friend Friday.

"The d@mn tree...I have two artifical ones and brought up the branches of the one closest to the basement door and fluffed them out. Then started to try to put them in the trunk. Wrong trunk. Go find the other one. Then put the branches in and discover I'm one layer short. Go get first trunk and bring up other tree branches and fluff them out. Throw first tree down the basement stairs. Get the lower part done and start to work on the top. 2 pieces break (one of them the very top piece) and I am 6" short so the metal rod shows. The pieces of the other tree don't fit this one so out comes the duct tape. Those two pieces had better last until that tree comes down. I bet it took 6 hours and the stupid thing isn't yet decorated....."

Now fast forward to yesterday. Not decorated like I would like but I ran out of time so I was taking pictures of it for this post. The top falls off. I reattached it. During the dinner we heard a noise and again it fell off. I took the offending piece off and now the tree is VERY flat topped. I had an angel sitting on the bookshelves that I thought might fix the situation. There is now an angel on the top of tree and we are praying that she stays there until the tree comes down. At least it stayed together while we opened the gifts!!!

So now that you know the background here is the tree with the angel guarding it! You can see the ornaments that I received in my mission prominently displayed too--the bee and the geocaching ornaments!!!

300767a9-c4b5-42af-824a-c63aa2d6841c.jpg

Merry Christmas!!!

There is a story behind my tree that I want to tell before posting the picture.

I swore I would never have an artificial one but a few years ago my dog Pepper decided to use the tree as his own indoor personal urinal. The next year I went artificial. I was really getting stressed out last week working on cleaning the house and getting ready for the holidays. I was days behind my schedule and only started on the tree late last week. Tom's family dinner was Saturday and mine was yesterday. I am decompressing now so I can laugh at what happened. This is basically what I wrote in an email to a friend Friday.

"The d@mn tree...I have two artifical ones and brought up the branches of the one closest to the basement door and fluffed them out. Then started to try to put them in the trunk. Wrong trunk. Go find the other one. Then put the branches in and discover I'm one layer short. Go get first trunk and bring up other tree branches and fluff them out. Throw first tree down the basement stairs. Get the lower part done and start to work on the top. 2 pieces break (one of them the very top piece) and I am 6" short so the metal rod shows. The pieces of the other tree don't fit this one so out comes the duct tape. Those two pieces had better last until that tree comes down. I bet it took 6 hours and the stupid thing isn't yet decorated....."

Now fast forward to yesterday. Not decorated like I would like but I ran out of time so I was taking pictures of it for this post. The top falls off. I reattached it. During the dinner we heard a noise and again it fell off. I took the offending piece off and now the tree is VERY flat topped. I had an angel sitting on the bookshelves that I thought might fix the situation. There is now an angel on the top of tree and we are praying that she stays there until the tree comes down. At least it stayed together while we opened the gifts!!!

So now that you know the background here is the tree with the angel guarding it! You can see the ornaments that I received in my mission prominently displayed too--the bee and the geocaching ornaments!!!

300767a9-c4b5-42af-824a-c63aa2d6841c.jpg

Merry Christmas!!!

I know who gets my vote for the cutest story :rolleyes:

Naomi :)

I tried Flickr - but when I go to post I'm told it is an invalid format <_<

I'm using Vista

Any suggestions welcome.

Oh dear, this Fairy hasn't got any caches yet :) - but thanks for the info, at least I will know how to do it in the future.

Send me your picture in an email and I will post it for you

Thanks Tsun - just checked my mail and Landsharkz offered to do it so have replied with my picture.

Happy Christmas everyone :rolleyes:

If someone thinks that the ornaments of our tree are ugly, fell free to send a support mail to my sisters in their war (for more glitter and such) against my parents. <_<

And, if the candles seems to lack a bit in the straightness department, it's not only the eggnog kicking in. It's also because they're homemade and for some reason turned out a bit wobbly this year. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas! :)

christmastreeyf0.jpg

Here's a picture of our tree. We're a bit late putting it up this year. We usually try to

put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year we put it up on the weekend before

Christmas. For some reason, I think we're also missing a box of ornaments. I know

we've got alot more (somewhere). Zane the Stellar Geo-Dog was quite excited once

he saw the tree going up. Santa brings doggies presents too !!

Christmas200700049.jpg

Wow, there are some really nice decorated Christmas trees posted in this thread! If you look really close at my tree you will probably notice that there is a cluster of ornaments towards the bottom (either that or there is more than one ornament on the tree) ;) , this is courtesy of my 5 yr old son Brandon. Maybe next year he'll spread the ornaments out more :rolleyes: There are no presents under the tree since it resides in the kid's play room (one of them was bound to rip into them).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

2007_1224familypics0005.jpg

To the 501 Gang,

Sorry, but I have not a clue as to how your tree got in my reply to Frozen.Buns and Vegas Gamblers!! If no one figured out that I was new to this game, they realize it now for sure.

Merry Christmas to everyone, Marilyn

LOL. I just thought, huh, wonder if she needs me to post this for her also, but she didn't tell me where, LOL ok, now I know, Have a Nerry Christmas everyone, I will be cooking for 120 people tomorrow, wish me luck :rolleyes:

To the 501 Gang,

Sorry, but I have not a clue as to how your tree got in my reply to Frozen.Buns and Vegas Gamblers!! If no one figured out that I was new to this game, they realize it now for sure.

Merry Christmas to everyone, Marilyn

No Problem Marpomem, we were all new once, I've been around here for a while and I still make plenty of errors!

Have a Merry Christmas :rolleyes:

Wow, there are some really nice decorated Christmas trees posted in this thread! If you look really close at my tree you will probably notice that there is a cluster of ornaments towards the bottom (either that or there is more than one ornament on the tree) ;) , this is courtesy of my 5 yr old son Brandon. Maybe next year he'll spread the ornaments out more :rolleyes: There are no presents under the tree since it resides in the kid's play room (one of them was bound to rip into them).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

When I was little the only ornaments I was allowed to put on the tree were the plastic icicles. Of course since I wasn't very tall they tended to be near the bottom of the tree too. I can still remember my mother laughing and then moving the ornaments I placed to other higher spots. When my kids were old enough to help decorate they also were given the plastic icicles to hang but I left them where ever they put them. My mother came in and asked why there were so many of them at the bottom and I just said that's where the kids put them or something to that effect.........

Beautiful tree Kelly!!

When I was little the only ornaments I was allowed to put on the tree were the plastic icicles. Of course since I wasn't very tall they tended to be near the bottom of the tree too. I can still remember my mother laughing and then moving the ornaments I placed to other higher spots. When my kids were old enough to help decorate they also were given the plastic icicles to hang but I left them where ever they put them. My mother came in and asked why there were so many of them at the bottom and I just said that's where the kids put them or something to that effect.........

Beautiful tree Kelly!!

Believe it or not, but all the ornaments on my tree are plastic or metal (minus the ones BW made us). We generally just leave the ornaments where BW places them (unless there are 5 on one branch) :rolleyes:

If someone thinks that the ornaments of our tree are ugly, fell free to send a support mail to my sisters in their war (for more glitter and such) against my parents. :rolleyes:

And, if the candles seems to lack a bit in the straightness department, it's not only the eggnog kicking in. It's also because they're homemade and for some reason turned out a bit wobbly this year. :D

Merry Christmas! ;)

christmastreeyf0.jpg

I think I am seeing right. This Christmas Tree is IMHO the best one I've seen in a VERY long time. Actual homemade candles.. that are LIT on fire on the tree. (I am seeing that, right?) This tree brings back so many memories of when I was a little girl and we had candles instead of the electric lights. Of course the tree was only lighted for a few minutes before the candles were blown out.. but this is what I remember as a child growing up. WOW. Thanks for the memories! Jodi (not the firefighter) of Team Fireboy :D

Edited by Team FIREBOY

f2ece7be-c018-4c8f-9b05-042b23c38c13.jpg

HOLY MOLY, Michelle, now THAT is what I call a tree!! 12 foot, wow!! And to think that Hanna always wants to put the topper on top of ours, lol!

2d59c04d-dc46-4485-9c63-d350cd42c33d.jpg

You have a julbock on your tree! :D Can I ask how/where you got it from? The Julbock is a Swedish traditional Christmas decoration - a goat made of straw. It's said that the julbock preceeded Santa in Sweden by quite a while. Loved seeing that on your tree!

If someone thinks that the ornaments of our tree are ugly, fell free to send a support mail to my sisters in their war (for more glitter and such) against my parents. :D

And, if the candles seems to lack a bit in the straightness department, it's not only the eggnog kicking in. It's also because they're homemade and for some reason turned out a bit wobbly this year. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas! :huh:

I dunno, Lelle, I think you're fighting a losing battle, lol! Micke's parents' tree looks much the same, minus the real candles, but they use the electric lights that look like candles! The church uses real candles on their tree here, too, it's truly beautiful! What, no tomtebloss? :D I think that the in-laws forgot they had them hanging our their tree because they didn't light them... or are you waiting for the new year?

These are 2 of our 15 trees inside our house ,they range in size from 8 foot tall to 12 inches !! and of course one of my new Beagle Puppies named Cache !!! He just had to be included in the pic, he is 20 days old !! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

I must call for this post to be disqualified!! Posting a picture of that super cute puppy gives those trees, which are already gorgeous to start with, an unfair advantage! :D

...If you look really close at my tree you will probably notice that there is a cluster of ornaments towards the bottom (either that or there is more than one ornament on the tree) ;) , this is courtesy of my 5 yr old son Brandon. Maybe next year he'll spread the ornaments out more ;) ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I have bad news for ya... my 8 year old STILL places all the ornaments in the same place and is known for setting 4 or 5 on one limb within inches of each other while the rest of the tree is bare :D It's nice to dream they'll get it, though, hehehe!

Great entries, everyone! God jul!

Naomi :)

Wow, there are some really nice decorated Christmas trees posted in this thread! If you look really close at my tree you will probably notice that there is a cluster of ornaments towards the bottom (either that or there is more than one ornament on the tree) :rolleyes: , this is courtesy of my 5 yr old son Brandon. Maybe next year he'll spread the ornaments out more ;) There are no presents under the tree since it resides in the kid's play room (one of them was bound to rip into them).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

That was a beautiful pic until I saw all that Jimmy Johnson junk :D Could you like a bigger cheater? :D Nice tree :huh:

Wow, there are some really nice decorated Christmas trees posted in this thread! If you look really close at my tree you will probably notice that there is a cluster of ornaments towards the bottom (either that or there is more than one ornament on the tree) :D , this is courtesy of my 5 yr old son Brandon. Maybe next year he'll spread the ornaments out more :rolleyes: There are no presents under the tree since it resides in the kid's play room (one of them was bound to rip into them).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

That was a beautiful pic until I saw all that Jimmy Johnson junk :D Could you like a bigger cheater? ;) Nice tree ;)

I don't know..it's his crew chief that cheats... Chad Knaus....but maybe Jimmie is in on it too?? Think I'll have to send Kelly some Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart stuff to put on that mantle. :D :D :huh:

Wow, there are some really nice decorated Christmas trees posted in this thread! If you look really close at my tree you will probably notice that there is a cluster of ornaments towards the bottom (either that or there is more than one ornament on the tree) :D , this is courtesy of my 5 yr old son Brandon. Maybe next year he'll spread the ornaments out more :D There are no presents under the tree since it resides in the kid's play room (one of them was bound to rip into them).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

That was a beautiful pic until I saw all that Jimmy Johnson junk :cry: Could you like a bigger cheater? :santa: Nice tree :sad:

I don't know..it's his crew chief that cheats... Chad Knaus....but maybe Jimmie is in on it too?? Think I'll have to send Kelly some Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart stuff to put on that mantle. :D:D:D

OMG! You two crack me up! Go figure Chantal that you pick the two drivers I despise the most. LOL! And to think I almost mentioned my Jimmie Johnson collection (that's only half of it, the rest is in another room) when I was describing the pic! Only a couple feet away lies a collection of Kevin Harvick crud. I mean stuff. :santa:

I'll start this off... a few folks in Geocoin Chat have seen it already, but I am happy that the masses will now get to see our tree... My question to ponder is this: Why be ordinary?

2007CBTree.jpg

Pardon the Ammo cans and other misc. junk...

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

~J

Is this a real tree or a plastic one?