My First Cointest ...... Christmas Trees!

MommyFinder

My first personal geocoin will be in my hot little hands in about 2 weeks! (See pictures in post #23 of my coin thread.) I've been trying to come up with an idea for my first cointest. I just found Damenace's cointest for outside Christmas decorations, and since Christmas is my favorite holiday, I decided to do the inside decorations cointest! Decorate your tree and post your pictures here. Cointest will run through Christmas Day. Winner will be selected the morning of December 26th by random drawing.

Edited to add:

A second coin will be given to the tree/picture my kids pick as their favorite!

Edited by MommyFinder

They actually make trees that are upside down so you can fit presents easily under the tree now.

I don't have mine up yet.. still have to figure out a good spot to where the kids or the dog won't knock it over. :grin:

Well, I think I'll stick to the traditional right-side-up tree, but that's still pretty cool!

In San Antonio there is a restaraunt, Mi Tierra, that had their entire ceiling covered with upside down white, lit, and tinselled trees a few years ago. It was the first time I had brought my in-laws to the US and to Texas, and I took them there for Mexican hot cocoa and we were ALL absolutely entranced by the beauty of these trees and the lights. I don't think I've ever seen anything as beautiful in my life as those trees were!

Gotta buy a new tree, doing it on Wednesday. Ours last year bit the dust... there is something just not right when your tree has a bend in the middle where the joint is and the top is at a 10° angle to the bottom, lol!

Naomi :grin:.... waiting anxiously to see the other pretty trees posted!

Sorry, No Christmas tree's are allowed in the Netherland till after december 6th. The days before 6 december are Sinterklaas-time.

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :blink:

OH! I had a secret pal from the Netherlands and at Sinterklass time she sent me abox of the neatest toys and chocolates! Its was neat to see what other holidays there are around the country.

My tree will be going up as soon as I can find some lights that wont blink and drive the dogs nuts!

Not my tree, but WAY too cool not to share :D

xmastree-vi.jpg

Wonder who had the job of emptying alllllll those beer bottles to make it... and furthermore, how they managed to get the tree so straight and pretty after emptying all of them :laughing:

Naomi :D

This just takes 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall to a whole new level.

Anyone wanna play? ;)

I don't drink beer, still buy it for the others, But I do use it for cooking with :)

THIS tree is way too cool! ! !

Tossing our hat in the ring. This was a few years ago and the HO HO HO on the roof flashed in sequence.

Christmas1.jpg

We have a tradition of going around and looking at people's lights every year- something we did when I was a child- And I do believe we saw this one yard. Glad to know that we now know whose house it was :laughing:

Now... here's my favorite tree. It was Mr. Shop99er's and my first Christmas tree.

FirstTree.jpg

I know, I know...but let me explain. We were married, nearly 28 years ago, a couple of weeks before Christmas. We were packing up my house getting ready to move to an apartment in San Diego and we were broke. No money for a tree of our own but I owned a saw and there were unprotected trees out there fresh for the taking. Saw in hand we spotted our victim... Christmas tree on the side of the road. We jumped out, cut that thing down and stuffed it in the car.

What we didn't consider is that this little guy was growing on the side of a hill. His trunk was less than straight so what you see is about 3/4 of what we started out with. Finally got it in the tree stand and we've got no decorations. Well, we DO...but they are packed in the back of a U-Haul. So I popped popcorn and strung it, made some bread dough ornaments and even covered a piece of star shaped cardboard with aluminum foil. It's a sad little thing but it was our very first and I'll always love it the best.

Now, in the mean time at my parents house.... they were about to lose their only daughter and last child to a filthy sailor (my words not theirs) and since my Christmas tree was so pitiful they threw me a fist full of money and told me and the new Mr. to go get a tree for their family room. I'm young and dumb... they have a 15 foot ceiling in the family room so naturally we get a 15 foot tree. The trouble started when we noticed that the 15 foot tree we just cut down at the tree farm was just a smidge longer and wider than my 1976 hatchback Vega. Well, I married a sailor and he was the 'master of the conquest of packing space' so him and his buddy (our best man) opened the hatch, put the back seat down, picked up the tree and ran full speed at the car. Oh it fit...sort of... we looked like a bush driving down the road... nothing but branches and headlights.

We get back to my parents place and the only thing that will hold the trunk of this thing is a watering tub from the barn. Even with the 100 pounds of rocks we put in the bottom this thing still had a lean to it. So my dad, God bless him for loving his daughter this much, put eye screws into the beams of the ceiling and ran 3 guy wires off the tree to hold it up. It was glorious and I think it was the last time the entire family was together and that happy.

We left for San Diego the day after Christmas. When we had moved into our apartment a week later I called my mom and asked her if the tree was down yet. There was a little pause on the phone, then a sigh... "Your dad had to bring the chainsaw into the house and cut it into pieces to get it out".... I wish I could have been there to see it. Oh I would have gotten a spankin' for it but it would have been worth it.

God bless my parents who loved me and my new husband that much. And God bless all of you who put up with bone-headed acts like that. You may want to spank them at the time but you're part of some of the fondest memories they are likely to have.

Merry Christmas everyone!

here is the little tree (and you have to remember...all our Christmas stuff is back in CO waiting for the house to be sold...so we have NO decorations this year! boo hoo)

thetree12207.jpg

And just in case you didn't notice...the "ornaments" are some of our pathtags! :anitongue: Here is a close up...

thetreeclose12207.jpg

And here is a REALLY cheesy pic of me with the tree....(I was caching today and got caught in the rain...can you tell?!? LOL)

Susanandthetree12207.jpg

Not my tree, but WAY too cool not to share B)

xmastree-vi.jpg

Wonder who had the job of emptying alllllll those beer bottles to make it... and furthermore, how they managed to get the tree so straight and pretty after emptying all of them B)

Naomi :lol:

Very cool tree! I bet they don't have any dogs, cats, or kids though!! LOL

Here is our 'charlie brown' christmas tree as we've been calling it... we bought it during Christmas '05 (our first xmas together), and I was too depressed to put it up last christmas because it's nowhere near the christmas tree that my mom got in the late 80's (it's about 8' or 9' and five feet wide at the base, and looks like a real tree). Well, I decided that I was going to put it up this year, so here it is :

DSC04536.jpg

Here is our 'charlie brown' christmas tree as we've been calling it... we bought it during Christmas '05 (our first xmas together), and I was too depressed to put it up last christmas because it's nowhere near the christmas tree that my mom got in the late 80's (it's about 8' or 9' and five feet wide at the base, and looks like a real tree). Well, I decided that I was going to put it up this year, so here it is :

DSC04536.jpg

That is a beautiful tree, much better than the sting of lights I zig zaged from wall to wall in a corner one year, talk about being broke and not really in the mood, ANY thing is better than no Christmas spirit. Merry Christmas :D

Here is our tree in the living room. It is an all Santa tree :lol:

anthus_xmas_tree.jpg

We also have a small one downstairs in Snowman land. I haven't had a chance to snap a pic of it yet. I just finished it last night. I usually have all the decorations done by now. But, there just isn't enough hours in the day to do everything I'd like to do.

Thanks for the neat cointest.

Merry Christmas.....Anthus

Here is my x-mas tree. It's 24 inches tall. I am spending the holidays working here in Albuquerque, NM. I am a traveling E.R. nurse. My family will be celebrating Christmas in Cheyenne. The tree has an angel, two Geoswag stockings and you can see my new Candy Cane coin.

10f54b69-883c-4d33-8d6c-8ba977b538b3.jpg

Merry Christmas, coin friends!

Happy New Year too!

Edited by Team FIREBOY

Okay so this may not be the tree that is in my house, but it is sort of "my tree" as it is all of ours' tree. The photos did not turn out great, but hopefully you will get the picture!!!

With the trains surrounding it:

NationalTree.jpg

With the GW Monument:

NationalTreewithMonument.jpg

With the WH and the "state" trees:

NationalTreewithWhiteHouse.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!