Prompt for TBs and GCs

Crew 153

How about a prompt when a Found log is submitted giving a list of the TBs and Coins in a cache with an option to log them out of the cache.

I'm sure that there are a lot of TBs and coins which are taken from caches and put into caching bags or on the back seat of the car and forgotten. This may help to prompt people to log them out.

How about a prompt when a Found log is submitted giving a list of the TBs and Coins in a cache with an option to log them out of the cache.

I'm sure that there are a lot of TBs and coins which are taken from caches and put into caching bags or on the back seat of the car and forgotten. This may help to prompt people to log them out.

What a FANTASTIC idea. This will be REALLY useful.

All too often I see cache logs of people having taken my travel items, yet they do not log them from the cache. I too have been guilty of delayed logging, only identified when doing a reconciliation between what I have on my desk and what is shown as being in my inventory (is GeoCRAt an accountant by any chance?! :( ).

I would REALLY like to see this idea implemented. Thanks for the GREAT suggestion!! :D

It would just need a message to come up to say

"The following bugs were logged into cache xxxxx. Did you removed any of them from the cache?"

and then list the TBs and GCs with the option to select one to log it out of the cache.

Not a bad idea, and I suggested it eons ago. But... when do you enter in the secret tag code and the log for the bug?

Or, when submitting a log on a cache, if there's a TB on the inventory, a notice would popup asking something like "haven't you dropped a TB at the cache?".
Blech. No. If I'm logging a day's worth of caches and I dropped a coin in the twenty-fifth, I don't want to wade through twenty-four popup windows. The site is slow enough as it is.

Or how about the ability to drop off a bug when you edit your own found log from 1/2 seconds ago?

How many people have to do a note log right after a found log. And then go and edit the found log to mention the bug, if you already didn't mention it, and then delete the note log from cluttering up everyones PQ's.

You can 'edit' a log, you can change that log from a found to a note and so on, with owners and watchers getting all that generated email traffic, so why can't you 'drop' off a bug during an edit?

Or, when submitting a log on a cache, if there's a TB on the inventory, a notice would popup asking something like "haven't you dropped a TB at the cache?".
Blech. No. If I'm logging a day's worth of caches and I dropped a coin in the twenty-fifth, I don't want to wade through twenty-four popup windows. The site is slow enough as it is.

I'd suggest a check box on the log page saying "I picked up one or more trackables from this cache". Then, when you submit the log, the confirmation page would have a link to each trackable's individual page. For each one, you click the link, log the TB/coin, then go back (or maybe the list could be preserved across the URL chain) and log the next one.

These are some excellent ideas, and I'll document them as "wishlist" items. Now that the performance issues are under control we can be aggressive with the bugs we have, and after they are fixed we'll move on to wishlist stuff. Hopefully that shouldn't take longer than a few months.

Thanks for that. I will look forward to seeing how it is implemented.

I'd suggest a check box on the log page saying "I picked up one or more trackables from this cache". Then, when you submit the log, the confirmation page would have a link to each trackable's individual page. For each one, you click the link, log the TB/coin, then go back (or maybe the list could be preserved across the URL chain) and log the next one.

Why a page with links to the TB-pages...

It would be easy to directly create the log-part for each TB, just show for each TB:

the TB-name and code, a box to fill in the tracking code, a editfield to enter your logtext

every TB where you entered the tracking code will be logged as retrieved and put into your 'possesion'

The problem with a prompt, or slightly better a list of TB's that are in the cache when you post your log, is that the "TB Name" often isn't suffucient enough for you to know which TB you actually have sitting in front of you. Which is why I always log out the TB's by searching for the code on the "trackable Items" page. So, here is my request:

When on the Trackable Items Page, you can type in the "secret" code of the TB you have. I would like the site to remember this so that I don't have to retype the same code when posting my log for the bug.

Many things have been suggested over the years. All I can guess is that perhaps OpinioNate was not around till recently or the others had their hands full with the bugs and big issues and V.2 and so on.

I have seen hope on the horizon recently, perhaps because of OpinioNate himself and will most likely become a Premium Member again.

But I think I'll wait for the anticipated bunch of errors to be worked out when V.2 rolls out before I do that. Only a little pessimism here, but then again, everyone tells me that I'm paranoid.

Many things have been suggested over the years. All I can guess is that perhaps OpinioNate was not around till recently or the others had their hands full with the bugs and big issues and V.2 and so on.

I have seen hope on the horizon recently, perhaps because of OpinioNate himself and will most likely become a Premium Member again.

But I think I'll wait for the anticipated bunch of errors to be worked out when V.2 rolls out before I do that. Only a little pessimism here, but then again, everyone tells me that I'm paranoid.

I would just like to remember today as the day trainlove became an optimist. :D