HI! I need some help!

HI all! I am new to these boards (actually just got on a couple minutes ago), and have been geocaching for almost a year now...

With all the big sales for black friday I was thinking this would be a good time to buy a gps for my car...I soon learned though that i needed to do some research before I spent that kind of money...

I've searched through all the manufacturers and I think I have found the perfect one for me...I'm looking to buy the Garmin street pilot c550, it's a little expensive, but i think it offers the most for the least amount of money.

My questions are...Garmin is a really good name, right? Have you used this or heard if it is good or not? where should I get it at (is ebay too risky?)? And most importantly...Can you plug coordinates into an in-car gps...and more specifically my model? (I have a handheld one but i would like to plug the coords into an in-car gps so it can tell me where to go...)?

THANK YOU!!!

HI all! I am new to these boards (actually just got on a couple minutes ago), and have been geocaching for almost a year now...

With all the big sales for black friday I was thinking this would be a good time to buy a gps for my car...I soon learned though that i needed to do some research before I spent that kind of money...

I've searched through all the manufacturers and I think I have found the perfect one for me...I'm looking to buy the Garmin street pilot c550, it's a little expensive, but i think it offers the most for the least amount of money.

My questions are...Garmin is a really good name, right? Have you used this or heard if it is good or not? where should I get it at (is ebay too risky?)? And most importantly...Can you plug coordinates into an in-car gps...and more specifically my model? (I have a handheld one but i would like to plug the coords into an in-car gps so it can tell me where to go...)?

THANK YOU!!!

We have a Garmin C550 and have used it since moving here to Helotes and San Antonio in June. We absolutely love it. The text to speech feature is very nice. You put in the address, but not coordinates, like you can do with the Garmin 60CSx (which we have as well, for hiking and geocaching). Overall, I give the C550 a thumbs up.