Looking for Feedback on my last coin

Team Sand Dollar

I am looking for a little feed back on my last coin "The Legend of the Sand Dollar". Based on my previous coins I had expected a little better results with this one but in the end only had 100 sets made.

Was it --

-- too religious in nature?

-- too costly being available only as a set?

-- too plain?

-- have the sand dollar coins run there course?

Team Sand Dollar

I love them!

I was so glad I was able to trade for them, because I really couldn't afford them. But each time you come out with a new sand dollar coin, it seems that you have made improvements enough that for me, they are coins that I feel I must have!

And 100 sets is 300 coins. That is not a bad run at all. Anytime you do a set, I think you risk some people not buying them because of the price. I think if they would have been a set where each coin could stand alone, more might have sold.

I am looking for a little feed back on my last coin "The Legend of the Sand Dollar". Based on my previous coins I had expected a little better results with this one but in the end only had 100 sets made.

Was it --

-- too costly being available only as a set? More that I don't need 3 of the same coin, although a very beautiful coin

-- have the sand dollar coins run there course? Yes, I love my V2 the best

Team Sand Dollar

Was it --

-- too plain?

Team Sand Dollar

Well as you know, I didn't want a whole set. I try to limit what I buy (which has been nothing for months), and so one is plenty enough. I still haven't bought any of these coins that stick together with magnets or whatever, and they make me nervous.

The christian theme is great to me, although the poem strays a bit into symbology that I don't relate with christianity. So I wasn't interested in that part.

I love sand dollars, but I can't say whether they've run their course or not. I have to look at each coin individually.

Thanks. :ph34r:

Team Sand Dollar

For me this is the problem too.

I enjoyed trading with you in the past but I have all the Sand dollar/ Buffalo coins I want. You and your father are great and honest people and I hope some day to see coins on your trading list that I need so I can once again work out a trade with you.

Was it --

-- too plain?

Team Sand Dollar

I thought they were pretty cool, I love your sand dollar coins, but I do think they have run the course.

unless maybe you do just some micros that arent trackable... :ph34r:

I love this set the most out of all your coins :ph34r:

I have also decided that I don't need every metal of every version for anyone's coin anymore. Just having one metal is good with me. Its getting too expensive to do otherwise and I'm broke this time of year. So if you decide to do more in the future...I wouldn't suggest sets because I know many others are going this way too.

I would have absolutely LOVED to have purchased this set... and I'd love to have them still or your past ones.

For me, the problem is purely and simply finances. We're a family of 4 living on one paycheck in a country that is set up for both parents to work in order for a family to financially make it. We squeak by barely each month, so purchasing coins, for us, is a definite luxury!

Trust me, though, had I the money I'd own an entire set... or two! I love the coins and the message!

Naomi :ph34r:

Did you want to trade for one of the non trackable micros or pins? :ph34r:

(Misty Gold, Misty Silver, Misty Copper, Misty Black)

Team Sand Dollar

Did someone say PINS!! :anicute::laughing:

Yes.

When I had the TSD-LSD coins done I got some extra micro coins done and while I was at it I had some pins done. The pins use only the front side so they do not have my name on them.

Pin%20Front%20H.jpgPin%20Back%20H.jpg

Team Sand Dollar

I love your Sand Dollar coins and was fortunate enough to trade with you and your dad. (I am still looking for the elusive White Buffalo by the way) :ph34r: The sand dollar coins are special to me as I lived at the Jersey shore all my life and finding a real one meant you hit the lottery! I dont feel the need to have them in every metal, but the ones I have are precious in my collection.

Maybe instead of more sand dollars, do another "sea" coin, like sand crabs! (just kidding, although I played with them when I was a kid)

You have made your mark in "Geocoin History" and everyone knows the Sand Dollars. (Unless they lived under a rock for the past 2 years!) :laughing:

Did you want to trade for one of the non trackable micros or pins? :lol:

(Misty Gold, Misty Silver, Misty Copper, Misty Black)

Team Sand Dollar

Did someone say PINS!! :(:grin:

Yes.

Pin%20Front%20H.jpgPin%20Back%20H.jpg

Team Sand Dollar

I would LOVE a pin... :(, I have the set and have to agree I would like to see maybe a scuba diver with a sand dollar in his hand or a child on a beach picking them up, as it has been said before, incorporate the sand dollar into a design and sell them as singles, I am finding the magnets are not working as well as they are suposed to, yours have to stay iin a holder since the slightest bump knocks them apart.

Your coins have been beautiful and I am sure you will hit on another way to display them. :lol:

Edited by Frozen Buns

Team Sand Dollar

:anicute:YES :unsure:

Yeah, even with different icons and different patterns they are essentially the same coin that is commercially sold (meaning they are not too hard to come by). With lots of people only interested in an icon or one metal of any coin (your self included in the latter Loran :anibad:) I believe the coin market is more picky right now. People are looking for something different. :unsure: All your coins are still nice, they just maybe won't sell 500 each time.

It's just as blatant as other coins. Besides, it obviously represents your team name.

Do coins really have to be made in every possible metal? Pick a finish that looks the best.

-- too plain?

Not really.

With a unique change, I'm sure people will still want them.

Edited by Jake - Team A.I.

Do coins really have to be made in every possible metal? Pick a finish that looks the best.

For The Legend of the Sand Dollar geocoins there were 3 different coins (backs were different on each of the three coins) and each was to be done in only one finish. All part 1 coins in Gold, all part 2 Silver, and all part 3 coins in copper. Due to an error at the mint I ended up with 10 Part 2 coins in Gold and 2 Part 1 coins in Silver coins. All part 3 coins were only available in Copper. So for this coin I was planning on only one finish per coin.

Additionally they were traded/sold as a set as it took all 3 coins to complete the story and I didn't want any odd coins especially if one finish was more desired than the others.

Team Sand Dollar

Got mine yesterday and they are very nice. Will be adding to the collection.

A bit religous but not to much for me

-- too costly being available only as a set
I wanted one but becasue of the set needed to trade vs buy. But, that aside I usually trade. I have only bought a handfull of coins. with the number of coins I have made I always have some traders for the coins I want.

-- too plain?
Not to plain but I was expecting a bigger coin as the sand dollar and recessed a bit more into the coin. guess you needed room for the magnet.

I thought this was unique enough from the others you have done. I truely belive it is just the market these days. Slowed a bit from 6mth and especially from 12 months ago. I am only minting 100 of Declan's coin due to low response. That is ok, he can trade and have some nice coins to drop when he goes caching with me.

I would be happy that you were able to mint 100 sets (300 coins). These are really a collector coin not a caching coin. I wouldn't see dropping these anytime soon. Might engrave the small sand dollar with the tracking number and then drop. With a picture of each coin onthe coin page so people can read the entire story. That would be the closest these will see a cache.

:huh: I only found out about these coins after they were no longer available to buy - OK I don't frequent forums much - however I would still like to trade for this coin set - one problem :anibad: - I can only trade cash for the coins - I don't have coins to trade - what I have in mind for them would not allow me to turn them loose into the wild either - if anyone can help me out ...... :lol: