What was the most outlandish cache submission you didn't publish?

Kit Fox

What Palmetto said (including the aside).

I would not want to embarrass or upset someone who might recognize their cache submission if I described it by posting here. (Note that it doesn't work both ways... a reviewer takes too many days to look at a cache, or makes a conservative judgement, and they risk having a forum thread started.)

I will say the following:

1. I don't miss virtual cache submissions one little bit.

2. I have a private bookmark list called "Stupidity Personified."

As much as I would love to share the entertainment that the most outlandish cache submission provided, it would violate admin confidentiality (not to mention violate the terms of the settlement with Vinny in which a substantial cash sum came my way....)

You -- and Keystone, and Mtn-Man, and Quiggle -- have a LOT of gall! I submitted that cache (well, all three of those Psycho caches; I am not sure which of the three never-published ones you are talking about, but I assume it was the one with the three deaths associated with it, or maybe it was the one with the radiosotope material hotel, I dunno....) fair and square, and the ONLY reason that the four of you saw fit to refuse to publish ANY of them was because all four of you are petty, totally SQUARE, and totally NOT HIP and totally NOT COOL. In fact, I suspect that the main reason why the four of you -- the reviewers who made up the reviewer panel to which the cache submissions were referred -- refused to publish any of them was major sheer jealousy; you majorly could not BEAR to see ANY cache that HOT and that FANTASTIC hit the streets! And, as far as the STUPID court settlement in the reviewer's favor, well, that so-called harassment case was handled an elderly and senile (and stupid) judge, and he also was totally NOT COOL and NOT HIP, and that is all I have to say on the matter.

Great, now you have ruined a perfectly good Sunday afternoon for me. I am gonna be steaming for the rest of the day, and rightly so, for God and the angels are on my side in this matter.

:ph34r::laughing:

I don't know if this is "outlandish" or just "stupid". Probably just stupid. But a long time ago I read a similar thread where a reviewer said they'd turned down a locationless that asked folks to see a specific movie and then post their review along with the coords of the theater they saw it in.

Is that what you're looking for?

I don't know if this is "outlandish" or just "stupid". Probably just stupid. But a long time ago I read a similar thread where a reviewer said they'd turned down a locationless that asked folks to see a specific movie and then post their review along with the coords of the theater they saw it in.

Is that what you're looking for?

That works for me. I can only imagine how many reviewers got grief from angry cachers who tried to hide caches in areas like:

• The Reagan Presidential Library (true story)
  • The White House
  • On an animal loose in a pasture (I know of one Llama that had the stage 2 wp on its neck)
  • Inside of a mall
  • On a highway bridge (true story)
  • At an "Open House" for their brother's house
  • ETC.

I may be totally warped, but I LOVE the waypoints on the llama! :grin:

I actually thought it was a very cool idea! You get to feed and pet a Llama, and you get a cache to boot!

I'm curious what part of the guidelines this idea runs afoul of... other than the prohibition against moving caches :lol: .

If this were published, I'd go well out of my way for it. Sounds like a classic.

I may be totally warped, but I LOVE the waypoints on the llama! ;)

I actually thought it was a very cool idea! You get to feed and pet a Llama, and you get a cache to boot!

I'm curious what part of the guidelines this idea runs afoul of... other than the prohibition against moving caches :blink: .

If this were published, I'd go well out of my way for it. Sounds like a classic.

The answer to your question about guidelines is simple. The meta-guidelines clearly state that if cache stage waypoint coordinates are to be emplaced upon any four-legged livestock-type animal, it must be a goat. Llamas are cute, but they just will not do. Goats only.

Thank you for understanding and complying.

I would not want to embarrass or upset someone who might recognize their cache submission if I described it by posting here. (Note that it doesn't work both ways... a reviewer takes too many days to look at a cache, or makes a conservative judgement, and they risk having a forum thread started.)

So, since reviewers are "sworn to secrecy," perhaps we could ask the question of the cachers who were turned down for "stupid" caches. And if the owner STARTS the conversation, I would say it is then safe for the reviewer to respond as to WHY the cache was "stupid." (unless, of course, it is painfully obvious.) :blink:

So, since reviewers are "sworn to secrecy," perhaps we could ask the question of the cachers who were turned down for "stupid" caches. And if the owner STARTS the conversation, I would say it is then safe for the reviewer to respond as to WHY the cache was "stupid." (unless, of course, it is painfully obvious.) :blink:

Sorry, but for the three potential-but-never-published Psycho caches which were vaguely referenced earlier, all parties -- that is, the four reviewers who comprised the reviewer panel and myself -- are bound to secrecy by the terms of the final adjudicated court-approved settlement. It is relatively safe, however, to reveal that at least three deaths (of test finders) were involved and at least four test seekers are still full-time round-the-clock residents of residential behavioral healthcare facilities (known in the vernacular as "mental hospitals".) There were also the unpleasant confrontations with the military, but that is all behind us now, and each of us who were involved in the matter prefer to look forward to the future, instead of lamenting over spilled milk, or, in this case, spilled glowing radioactive blood.

That's a good idea actually. I'll start.

I still am kind of upset that Erik would not list my "I Gotta' Handgrenade It To You" cache. I even tried to get the opinions of fellow GGA Members at one of the meetings. I thought it was a great idea myself, with the bison tube in the bottom. I never wrote to Groundspeak for an appeal. Perhaps I might revisit the issue.

42a0655c-3673-4038-9c60-75a5387a2198.jpg

That's a good idea actually. I'll start.

I still am kind of upset that Erik would not list my "I Gotta' Handgrenade It To You" cache. I even tried to get the opinions of fellow GGA Members at one of the meetings. I thought it was a great idea myself, with the bison tube in the bottom. I never wrote to Groundspeak for an appeal. Perhaps I might revisit the issue.

42a0655c-3673-4038-9c60-75a5387a2198.jpg

ROTFLMAO

:blink:

Ya' know, Eric is that way, ain't he?

Edited by Confucius' Cat

Well, I gotta say that the llama cache was in the top of my list of favorite caches. It's probably the coolest (next to swimming naked to an island in the mountains). I'm so glad that my husband brought me to it when it was still there! That was waaaaayyyy back in the day when he was actually more into caching then me (that's a fuzzy memory :blink: )

The llama cache has provided me with much fodder since then....I'm glad we took lots of pictures. ;)

Greg, erik isn't reviewing in Florida any more - so on your next Florida vacation trip, you could drop that fine fine cache here. Perhaps at the gate to one of the Key's Naval Air Stations? - the views are really special.

Greg, erik isn't reviewing in Florida any more - so on your next Florida vacation trip, you could drop that fine fine cache here. Perhaps at the gate to one of the Key's Naval Air Stations? - the views are really special.

Yo, Palmetto... speaking of Florida and cache reviews, I have a question for you:

Just WHEN are you planning on publishing my Psycho Urban Cache #15 - Tunnels of Doom, which is the ammo can located in the secret tunnel 35 feet directly beneath the basement of the restricted-access Air Force Research Laboratory Munitions Directorate headquarters building at Eglin Air Force Base in Fort Walton Beach? I barely escaped with my life when placing that one, and thus I have a kinda vested interest in seeing it published as soon as possible. In fact, I am currently camping out at a seedy motel ($24 per night) in Fort Walton Beach on highway 188, next to a cheesy taco stand, just waiting for publication, so that I can watch the first would-be finders try to get past security!

I have some very good stories. Here is the best one with the details redacted to conform with the Groundspeak privacy policy.

A newbie cacher named _______ submitted two multi caches in _______. So far so good right? But here is where it gets good.

The first one was _______ and all of the stages of the second one were ________. I was flabbergasted!

I posted a reviewer note asking the owner to _______ the first cache to _______ and he tells me that _____ and ______ were ______. Give me a break!

So now he submits a ______ and breaks the first multi into ______ and _______ and they are placed guess where? By a _______. Not only that, he hid them in a _______. Talk about clueless. :unsure:

So he insists that I ask another reviewer, so I e-mail Mtn-____ and asked him what he thought. He tells me ______. So I relay this info to the owner and he e-mails me back with ________, but when I look at the listing again it says _______. Simply unbelievable. :anicute:

It really makes me wonder about some people.

I always thought this idea from a sock puppet / troll named Boblog was interesting

I thought of a great idea for a cach an I was wondering what every one else thoght of it. When my grandfather died, we threw away all kinds of medicine, perfectly good stuff, probaly worth thousand of dollars. heart medicine like zanax, and all kinds of other stuff. Full bottles like new. What a waist! Poor people can use this without paying so much money to the pharmaceys. I was thinking of making a cache called Bobs Pharmacey and filling it with old (not really old) medicine. anti biotics heart pills what have you. People can bring medicine they dont need no more an take what the do need. This stuff is very expansive and its a shame to waist it when others can use it. I dont think it is against the law beacuse a doctor alreay proscribed it and its in the medicine bottle. This would be great for poor people an old people without money an anyone who has old medicine they dont need anymore or never used that the doctor proscribed or if they just need some medicine.<BR><BR>it would be great if you get cut on the way to find the cache or have a sore throat an there is a bottle of anti biotics there for you, no

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=50927&st=0

I always thought this idea from a sock puppet / troll named Boblog was interesting

I thought of a great idea for a cach an I was wondering what every one else thoght of it. When my grandfather died, we threw away all kinds of medicine, perfectly good stuff, probaly worth thousand of dollars. heart medicine like zanax, and all kinds of other stuff. Full bottles like new. What a waist! Poor people can use this without paying so much money to the pharmaceys. I was thinking of making a cache called Bobs Pharmacey and filling it with old (not really old) medicine. anti biotics heart pills what have you. People can bring medicine they dont need no more an take what the do need. This stuff is very expansive and its a shame to waist it when others can use it. I dont think it is against the law beacuse a doctor alreay proscribed it and its in the medicine bottle. This would be great for poor people an old people without money an anyone who has old medicine they dont need anymore or never used that the doctor proscribed or if they just need some medicine.<BR><BR>it would be great if you get cut on the way to find the cache or have a sore throat an there is a bottle of anti biotics there for you, no

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=50927&st=0

Oh, my!!! That's hilarious!

Yo, Palmetto... speaking of Florida and cache reviews, I have a question for you:

Just WHEN are you planning on publishing my Psycho Urban Cache #15 - Tunnels of Doom, which is the ammo can located in the secret tunnel 35 feet directly beneath the basement of the restricted-access Air Force Research Laboratory Munitions Directorate headquarters building at Eglin Air Force Base in Fort Walton Beach? I barely escaped with my life when placing that one, and thus I have a kinda vested interest in seeing it published as soon as possible. In fact, I am currently camping out at a seedy motel ($24 per night) in Fort Walton Beach on highway 188, next to a cheesy taco stand, just waiting for publication, so that I can watch the first would-be finders try to get past security!

COOL!

That description is certainly enough to go after the cache without the listing- or a GPS!

I'll email you to confirm FTF in a couple of days!

COOL!

That description is certainly enough to go after the cache without the listing- or a GPS!

I'll email you to confirm FTF in a couple of days!

There are three different "main" buildings for the Air Force Research Laboratory Munitions Directorate at the fort, and two are long buildings, and so you will need the waypoint coordinates. Since Plametto is being such a lame reviewer in this case, and may NEVER publish this cache, I am sending you a PM with the two sets of waypoint coords which you will need in order to complete the cache, along with an HTML file containing most of the contents of the cache listing page. I will also include the name of the MP officer who can make your path a lot easier along with contact info. Even with this assistance, there is still a very real danger of being shot on sight if you are spotted inside the high-security areas of the fort. Have fun!