Travel Bug mileage

MaxB on the River

Every since last January/February when the TB log pages went into effect there have been numerous times that TB mileage has not been calculated correctly. PARTICULARLY when there is a discover log inbetween retrievals and drops. It also is a problem when drops are backdated a couple of days or longer perhpas due to cachers being unable to log for several days.

I believe part of the problem is when the TB mileage update program is run nightly, it looks for the date of the last drop based on the last 24 hours or so. We had a TB that we backdated a drop into a cache where if was found a week earlier to correct its location. Mileage was never correctly calculated, so it has lost that mileage. It finally has been recaluctated after we performed the recalculate mileage as the owner. Owners shouldn't have to do this function constantly.

It sure would be nice if this problem can be remedied. There have been many posts complaining of this problem and GC has commented that they know there is a problem. It just doesn't seem to be on their list of things to fix. There use to be a work around by checking the old map, but even that has been removed.

Can we move this up on the FIx LIST.

Every since last January/February when the TB log pages went into effect there have been numerous times that TB mileage has not been calculated correctly. PARTICULARLY when there is a discover log inbetween retrievals and drops. It also is a problem when drops are backdated a couple of days or longer perhpas due to cachers being unable to log for several days.

I believe part of the problem is when the TB mileage update program is run nightly, it looks for the date of the last drop based on the last 24 hours or so. We had a TB that we backdated a drop into a cache where if was found a week earlier to correct its location. Mileage was never correctly calculated, so it has lost that mileage. It finally has been recaluctated after we performed the recalculate mileage as the owner. Owners shouldn't have to do this function constantly.

It sure would be nice if this problem can be remedied. There have been many posts complaining of this problem and GC has commented that they know there is a problem. It just doesn't seem to be on their list of things to fix. There use to be a work around by checking the old map, but even that has been removed.

Can we move this up on the FIx LIST.

As one of the "TB mileage addicts" out there I fully support this request. I stopped tracking my total TB mileage partially because of the unreliability. So yes please fix it - and as you are on it, see if you can calculate more mileages: like a Cacher's cache mileage (mileage of all caches found) and a Cacher's TB mileage (mileage off all TBs moved) - I would come to Seattle to say "thank you" personally if that helps...

Olaf

and as you are on it, see if you can calculate more mileages: like a Cacher's cache mileage (mileage of all caches found)

Olaf

GSAK will do this for you. Looks like you are a PM so you can do it with your "My Finds" PQ.

But it would be nice to see it on the site somewhere sometime. :ph34r: