Rhino 120

wingnut1957

Hello. I am Wingnut1957 and just reg. on this forum.

I have what I hope is not to stupid a question. I have a Rhino 120 that is several years old. I understand there use to be a built in inaccuracy in to all GPS units that were available to the public. Is it still there, was built in to the units or the satellite, can the accuracy be improved?

I have what I hope is not to stupid a question. I have a Rhino 120 that is several years old. I understand there use to be a built in inaccuracy in to all GPS units that were available to the public. Is it still there, was built in to the units or the satellite, can the accuracy be improved?

I believe you might be referring to "Selective Availability". It was an intentional degredation of accuracy we had to put up with several years ago. It is now turned off. But, there is still inaccuracies as part of GPS. You can consistently count on around 12-20 ft. of accuracy with that unit.

I believe you might be referring to "Selective Availability". It was an intentional degredation of accuracy we had to put up with several years ago. It is now turned off. But, there is still inaccuracies as part of GPS. You can consistently count on around 12-20 ft. of accuracy with that unit.

This is as good as it gets? 20' can be as good as a mile at times.

This is as good as it gets? 20' can be as good as a mile at times.

Well...The key word I used is "consistently". You can do better at times, but you can't count on it.