Jump to content

MAC users - help.

Recommended Posts

Option-K is actually a "ring above," used in Swedish (and maybe some other languages?).


The degree symbol is typed on a Mac with Option-Shift-8, thusly: 32°. Note that it's a little bigger than the "ring above." It's also slightly different from the masculine ordinal (Option-0).




Cool, Thanks for setting me straight :)

Link to comment

Using a PC, if you type <ALT> 167 you will get the degree charactor.


º as in 31º 12.345 106º 67.890


How do you do that with a MAC?



On a MAC, go to preferences>International. Click "input Menu" button. Check "on" to Keyboard Viewer and Show input menu in menu bar. Then whenever you need some special character, click the flag in the main menu bar, a keyboard appeares and you can try out all the key combos.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...