The Golden Crappy Cache award!

avroair

I saw these during the summer in the forums and thought it was really funny and a very cool coin,

Found it...wonder if it will get me on the list :P One can only hope :)

I did a copy paste of the forum log...

Posted by

gridlox Jul 9 2007, 10:42 PM Post #32

QUOTE(Ble68 @ Jul 7 2007, 11:51 AM)

The crappy cache award is a mystery coin?

Yup!!

It's a mystery who actually backed them to be made!!

I designed them as a joke.

One day I get an email from someone asking if they could make them for real.

I was like, "Sure! Just send me a few if you do!"

Not thinking they were serious.

The email ended up being a bogus hotmail address that I never could track.

(I've got a few ideas, but no one definately nailed down)

A couple of months later I get a nice little box of "crappy coins" in the mail with a bogus local return address. (I'm assuming to throw me off the trail of who they are. )

Sorry!! Don't have any more to trade or give away from my mystery package!!

So, please don't ask.

So, yes, I think they can be considered a Mystery Coin.

D-man

--------------------

Edited by Frozen Buns

The Golden TURD :ph34r:~I love it!!! ...When we were in Auto shop, we presented our Autoshop teacher with the Golden Cow Pie award!!!...It was actual cowpie, and we painted it gold, build a wood and glass case and presented it to him at the Highschool awards ceremony!!! :ph34r::laughing:

I saw it a few years later still hangin on his wall and it had mold growin on it!!! :P

Never saw one of the Gold Crappy Caches...Thats one shiny Deuce!!! :anicute::anicute:

So I open a package today and what should appear...a cute red stocking stuffed full geocoins!!! I dump and start sorting...my heart's beating fast...some traders, some new coins...a Holiday Gnome!!!...and stuck in the toe...a shiny gold glow...what is it?...what is it?...I really want to know...with much bumping and tugging I finally retrieve it...A GOLD CRAPPY CACHE AWARD...ROFL...

Definitely better to get one in a Christmas stocking than a hide!! What's even funnier, I finally gave up on ever finding or trading for an original and just received the nickel one I bought off ebay yesterday! Two Crappy Cache Awards in two days...am I lucky...or is this a hint???

Edited by Team OleOmi

So I open a package today and what should appear...a cute red stocking stuffed full geocoins!!! I dump and start sorting...my heart's beating fast...some traders, some new coins...a Holiday Gnome!!!...and stuck in the toe...a shiny gold glow...what is it?...what is it?...I really want to know...with much bumping and tugging I finally retrieve it...A GOLD CRAPPY CACHE AWARD...ROFL...

Definitely better to get one in a Christmas stocking than a hide!! What's even funnier, I finally gave up on ever finding or trading for an original and just received the nickel one I bought off ebay yesterday! Two Crappy Cache Awards in two days...am I lucky...or is this a hint???

Gotta love your rhythmic flow you got going :laughing:

We stopped by the post office on our way out Christmas shopping yesterday (aren't those crowded stores FUN!), found a package inside. Got in the car and excitedly tore open the package, the other yooper was driving...I oohed and aahed over each item that I pulled out, so many shiney things! There was one last item stuck in the toe, couldn't pull it out, I've got that baby upside down, shaking it for all I'm worth. The other yooper is now watching my antics more than the road, success...it flys out landing on the floor of the car. After a little touchy feeling all over the cold wet car floor I found it....imagine my delight, its a crappy cache award!

I can't imagine that I'll be able to actually leave it in cache, maybe it will sit on the computer to remind us to hide quality caches!

4 days ago my newest cache was published and yesterday I found this little dog in a stocking. I wonder if there's a connection! :)

I loved the coin right from the first time I saw it, but it even looks better in reality! Wow!

Oh, I am so jealous, I went looking through all the stockings I could find in all the places that had stockings, :) even looked in a few knee high and thigh highs, but no luck :wub:

Well I have to guess it is better than finding a lump of coal :)