The Cornish Geocoin - 2008

Birdman-of-liskatraz

The Mob known as the Kernow Kachers are about to produce their New Geocoin for 2008.

I've set up an online form to allow people to indicate their interest in ordering a coin or two. It can be accessed here - Kernow Kacher Coin

coinsm.jpg

The coin is based on the shape of the World famous Cornish Engine House. Their ruins still stand at many of the old tin and copper mines, both in Cornwall and all over the world where there are mines, where Cornish Miners moved to work as the Cornish mines closed. The background of the reverse shows "St Piran's Flag" The Flag of Cornwall, The black bird is a chough, which appears on the Cornish Coat of Arms. Kober, Sten and Pesk is an old Cornish Toast, in the Cornish language and translates to "Copper, Tin and Fish"

Edited by Birdman-of-liskatraz

adding my name to the list,

What is the story behind this design?

edittted to add, I found the story on the site, you might want to add a line for Town for those of us in the USA, and it wouldn't take without something written in the Note field.

Edited - so you no longer need to write a note. I'd deliberately been sort of free form in the address fields, so you can add your town to one of the 3 address lines.

email sent. Will be a nice looking coin I think.

Thank you - I always used to think that coins should be round - but I'm really liking the idea of a shaped one now.

We'll probably go for a range of finishes, one which we'll keep for locals only.. and the others will be offered. I'd like to see some samples before deciding what finishes to go with and am open to suggestions.

email sent. Will be a nice looking coin I think.

Thank you - I always used to think that coins should be round - but I'm really liking the idea of a shaped one now.

We'll probably go for a range of finishes, one which we'll keep for locals only.. and the others will be offered. I'd like to see some samples before deciding what finishes to go with and am open to suggestions.

Shame they can't be made out of Cornish tin :grin:

I'd deliberately been sort of free form in the address fields, so you can add your town to one of the 3 address lines.

Whoops! I put my town on the same line as the "County / State" line. :anicute:

... So it reads: Northridge, California. Northridge is my town. :unsure:

PS - I expressed interest in two coins but depending on the assortment of finishes that may be available to us folks across the pond, I hope I can still up my order ... :unsure:

I'd deliberately been sort of free form in the address fields, so you can add your town to one of the 3 address lines.

Whoops! I put my town on the same line as the "County / State" line. ;)

... So it reads: Northridge, California. Northridge is my town. :D

PS - I expressed interest in two coins but depending on the assortment of finishes that may be available to us folks across the pond, I hope I can still up my order ... :laughing:

Thats fine - I'll "Tidy up" address before I use them. I'd like at least two finishes.. a silver one (as Tin won't be available!) and copper maybe - as they would seem appropriate, but I'll take advice from Landsharks as to what works best - but expect 2 or 3 finishes.

Steve

Very cool design and I *love* the history behind it all! Can't wait to find out what the finishes will be! Just placed an order for one of each and two copper (my very favorite finish!!).

Thanks for a great geocoin (and how can I get one of the 2007's? I'd make a multi trade from any of my lists! :laughing: )!

Warm regards,

DrJeepStr ;)

I think we're close to sending an order to the mint. So pretty much last chance to register your interest.

I'll start proper pre orders in the next week or so as I'd like to get an order off before Xmas.

Many thanks for al the interest.

And I know there will be a 2007 coin or two on Ebay shortly, and maybe even an even rarer matching pin! of which I have a very few left. Most haven't left Cornwall.

The Mob known as the Kernow Kachers are about to produce their New Geocoin for 2008.

I've set up an online form to allow people to indicate their interest in ordering a coin or two. It can be accessed here - Kernow Kacher Coin

coinsm.jpg

The coin is based on the shape of the World famous Cornish Engine House. Their ruins still stand at many of the old tin and copper mines, both in Cornwall and all over the world where there are mines, where Cornish Miners moved to work as the Cornish mines closed. The background of the reverse shows "St Piran's Flag" The Flag of Cornwall, The black bird is a chough, which appears on the Cornish Coat of Arms. Kober, Sten and Pesk is an old Cornish Toast, in the Cornish language and translates to "Copper, Tin and Fish"

I've emailed everyone who had expressed an interest and orders are coming in. I've had more minted this year so hopefully we won't sell out quite so quickly this time.

There was an order placed of 230 in Antique Silver, 230 in Antique Copper and a Limited (not for sale) Edition of 40 in Antique Bronze.

The actual coins look like...

coins%20front.jpg

coins%20rear.jpg

and orders can be placed in our online store at...

Kernow Kachers Online Store

And I hope that all works...

and should I say - I have the coins in stock, here, ready to ship...

Edited by Birdman-of-liskatraz