Things I'm Thankful for...

CinemaBoxers

Well...

Today, theres no good TV. Just football. :) :)

(Paula talking here...)

Which, puts me online for a bit before we eat. So.. I thought I'd take this opportunity to share my thoughts on the year, and also, have this little cointest. :ph34r:

First..

Since the year is almost over, I'd like to take this opportunity to say Thanks to those of you out there who have been so kind, and to those of you who have become such great friends during the year.

A huge thanks to all of you who have ever emailed or commented on my designs, purchased coins, or generally done something to show me you like what I do. :) It means alot every time I get an email, or read a kind post about my art, or designs, and Im taking THIS opportunity to say THANK YOU.

Now.. a few more things Im Thankful for. :anibad:

We made alot of good new friends this year, some really special ones. (You all know who you are!)

Its amazing how friendships can be built through trades, designs, chat rooms, events, etc... but in the short time we have been into Caching, and Coins, we have really had some special times, and met some special people.

I say, we also take this opportunity to perhaps decide to be a little nicer, and to treat our fellow posters with a little kindness. Be patient, treat people well, and maybe make some new friends. (One can dream, eh?)

Now.. it goes without saying that we all think of our family this time of year... and that we are always Thankful for them.

But.. my question to all of you, is what made 2007 special to you?

You won't be judged on your answer.. just take the time to say something nice.

This cointest will be random (post number) - so, EVERYONE who posts will have a chance to win.

I don't like the 'nominate someone' cointests, so we will do this fair and square!) :P

So.. you have until 5PM to post (Central time) only one post/entry per Geonick, edits welcome since the point is to say something nice - edit till it says whatcha want! :P After I eat, I'll log on, enjoy the read, and pick a winner.. maybe two if those posts are extra nice.

And.. in the spirit of Thanksgiving - the coin Im sending off to the winner will be an:

Artist Edition "Turkey Day 2007" Thanksgiving Geocoin (Only 20 minted!)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2007 has been special with meeting new friends, having a great time in the outdoors more than previous years. I got my first geocoins minted and have had travel bugs go far. I have great family and my dogs which are my furry little kids. I'm thankful that I can do the things I do and go beyond my limits.

2007 was special for me as I started geocaching and have met so many great cachers/geocoin enthusiasts, who, as a whole, are some of the nicest, most generous people I've had the pleasure of bumping into.

Some of you folks are downright inspiring with your generosity.

As a whole, geocaching has brought a lot of good into my life...

Thank you all :-)

Hi, happy to be here today,

I am thankful this year for many things, its been a rough year.

I am thankful my family has been all together in one state for 3 years now.

I am thankful for finding the sport of geocaching to get me out of the house, and away from the tv.

I am thankful for my health, that even though I got a rough diagnosis, its not a terminal one.

I am thankful that my daughter found something she is outstanding at, and made the honors choir.

I am thankful for technology and the friends I have made through the internet, and how I can keep connected to long distant friends and family through it.

I am thankful for the wonderful people fighting around the world for our continued freedom. I wish they could be home w/ their families today.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Edited by KBsta

There has been a lot happen to us in 2007. I'm grateful for having had the chance to carry life in me again, even if I did lose it before it was time :*(. I'm grateful for my two girls... I love them both dearly, but having the second one really has made me appreciate the first one ever so much more!

I'm grateful for this forum and the people here, they really have renewed my faith in people in general.

I'm grateful to having discovered geocaching, before it my family was really splintered, sad considering that the kids are only 8 and 1. We spent our time in front of our individual computers or the tv and did very little together as a family. Caching has brought us back together.

There is so much I'm thankful, so very much!

Naomi :anibad:

I guess the one thing that made this year so special to me is that I started geocaching. This has brought so many good things to my life. I spend more time outdoors, I found great people all around the planet (yes, you all :anibad: ), and finally I got to know some people in my area. I live here now for 3 years, and I didn't make any friends in all that time. Just got to know some people at university, but they were much younger, and although they are really nice people we just didn't have enough common interests to become friends. Now with geocaching and after the first two events it seems that this will change soon. Those people are more at my age, same interests etc. Now I know who to ask when I don't want to go out caching on my own (and my better half doesn't have the time... he isn't really interested in caching...). This is really changing my life, and I am very thankful for that!

I am thankful for other things, too (like family and friends), but as you asked for something that made 2007 special, well, that was my part :ph34r:

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

We only started geocaching in August and for us that is what I am most thankful for. We were a very close family and did a lot of things together when we were on the farm but we had to leave our farm behind about 10 years ago. In my job, I travel a lot and we've been relocated many times. I've missed a lot of my family growing up since I was on the road so much and we drifted apart in many ways. Geocaching has given me the opportunity to spend more quality time with my family and to get out into nature away from everything else - which we love.

The geocoin community has also been great and our family loves the coins. I'm particularly thrilled that my children want to leave each cache a little better than we found it. We've got three sets of pathtags done with more to come I'm sure. They love sending out TB's and collecting coins. They had originally wanted to get coins to send out into the wild but none have left the house yet - other than for trades. We've done well to get a nice start on a geocoin collection and the kids contributed to it. Most of them are out of money now so we will be slowing down but I think they would all agree that it was worth it.

We are also looking forward to setting up a number of caches, eventually, with some unique themes - at least I think they are unique. I'm holding off though as I see another move coming next spring but this time I am hoping it gets us back home and on the farm again - fingers crossed. Everyone is so excited about the thought of getting back again. There aren't a lot of geocaches back home which is a bit disheartening but it's also an opportunity to build it up as best we can.

So for me...geocaching and the geocoin community has been a real blessing this year. It's unfortunate that we don't have the funds to do some of the projects we would like to do but maybe someday we can. We have really come to enjoy everything about geocaching and geocoins and it has brought us closer together. It really does give us great pleasure and our hope is to share that joy with as many people as we can and give back to the community. There are so many of you that have been wonderful to us and we appreciate everything - thanks.

Edited by Theotokos

I'm thankful for:

A healthy loving family

Good caching friends - in real life and on the internet.

Generousity - from friends and strangers.

Caching - a reason to explore and discover, I've discovered more of America because of it.

The Backroads - here is where America lives.

Zemmy

Cache on!

**This post is preceeded with the following warning. My post is very sentimental and may require the use of an air sickness bag. **

There are so many things to be thankful for and so many things have made this year special too.

I am thankful for God, my wonderful husband who supports me with this crazy geocoin addiction and for being blessed with such a wonderful daughter. I am thankful for the quality time that I have with my family and thankful for knowing how precious quality time is. I am thankful that we are all healthly and overall happy. :anibad: I am thankful for the roof over our heads and all the little extras of everyday living. Despite me being the only one currentlyworking, we have so much more than others in 3rd world countries and those struggling to live freely. I am thankful for everyone that serves or who has served in every branch of the military (Canadian and American). Because of them putting thier lives in danger I can live in a 'free' country. There is so much to be thankful for that I don't think I can list them all. Just want to say thanks for everything!!

What has made 2007 special to me this year?? A lot but some things that come to mind are my daughter's first day of kindergarten. And all the new things that she is learning and discovering. Such as the day she came home and spelled her last name by herself....one of the first in her class. (Quite an accomplishment since our last name is Bechervaise). Birthdays and my wedding anniversary made this year special too. We celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary and I am blessed with a supportive and wonderful husband. Occasionally he can be a pain in the you know where but boy does he sure kow how to make me laugh. I love him more with each passing year.

And as corny as it sounds geocoin has made this year special too. Because of getting involved in this crazy addiction I have made some great friends all over the world. It has been so much fun trading with others and emailing and chatting when I can. There are so many wonderful people in this geocoin community, Thanks! :ph34r:

It's been exactly 1 year since I started geocaching. We love it. I'm so thankful for all the members who have provides caches in all the fantastic spots we've been to.

I'm thankful for such a great family.

I'm thankful for our health and all our freedoms.

I'm very thankful for the service men/women and their family who keep watch over us.

I'm very thankful for wonderful feeling of family that this site provides - a few squabbles but usually pretty civil and always caring. 2007 has provided a lot to be thankful for.

I am thankful for so many things this year. I am thankful that I made it through my separation and divorce and came away smiling. I am thankful for my mom who has been with me through everything. I am thankful for my brother and his kids who helped me so many times. I am thankful that my nephew's wife and unborn child are happy and healthy. And that his half sister is recovering from her serious car accident in October. I am thankful for the good friends I have made this past year. I am thankful that I haven't had any more drops on my motorcycle. I am thankful that the dogs that my ex kept are healthy and happy even though I don't see them very often. I am thankful that the guy I am dating likes to geocache as much as I do. And lastly, I am thankful for every day that I wake up and get to experience all the other things I am thankful for.

Times were especially tough this year, I've been tried several times...from a kidnapping early in the year to the latest series of problems. Through much of this, I have had some special people step up to lend a hand! I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about you people here and in MiGO...FAMILY....that's how I feel about everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2007 was really special for us as we spent more family time together than ever before! Doing what you might ask? Geocaching of course.

We really hooked onto caching as a family unit in the spring and have spent a LOT of time together doing this. It's a great way to have fun together and do <gasp> exercise!

We have covered off over 500 caches in the last 6 months, and while we expect to slow down for the winter, we don't plan on stopping - we miss it too much :laughing:

Thanks.

OK, even though its not a holiday in my part of the world, I am still very thankful for a number of things:

* My 7 year old son, who although has an autism spectrum disorder, has made leaps and bounds in his development this year, and is even now at the stage of bringing friends home to play! :D

* My husband who understands, tolerates and loves me, even when I dont give him any reason to. B)

* The 'Haunters' who have made life much more fun and interesting. (A group of local geocachers who meet every Monday night for a non-event) ;)

* My gorgeous new friends who I've met through geocoining and chat - as our friend Timmay would say - "you guys ROCK!!!" :)

* Geocaching in general - as everyone else has mentioned, it brought us back together as a family, and made us stronger :laughing:

* And last, but definitely not least, 2 very special, talented, giving, lovely geocoiners who have not only made me smile a lot, but have brought that something special into my life. You guys also rock...of course :huh:;)

I am thankful High School football is OVER! :laughing:

This has been an incredible year for me. I started working for the first time since my son was born.

I am so thankful that Steve thought Hogwild Stuff could use a distracted, talkative, some what bossy (okay, he would say very), opinionate employee. I have never enjoyed working with anyone more. It has always been exciting helping people see their dream coin become a reality. And I feel so grateful to be able to do that from my home, so that I can still be here when my kids are home and need me...which of course, is only when I am on the phone!

I am always thankful that I have 3 unique, healthy children and a husband that loves me, even though I dash out and go looking for things in the woods.

Life is good and I am thankful.

I have a lot to be thankful for...

I have made a lot of great, new friends this year in here. I frequently chat online with some of them. All of them are in wildly different timezones to myself. I am thankful for these new friendships - the chats we have about everything under the sun (family, ideas, life, trades, etc, etc, etc) and the trades, etc we do.

I hope to one day be able to get around and met all of you. It may not be all at once, as that would involve quite a few continents, but one day...

It is great to be part of such a wonderful, caring and sharing, helpful community that becomes a home-away-from-home, even when I'm at home. That's how great you all are and how you make me and others feel - very welcome. There is heart and feeling in these forums.

Thank you to all for making this a special year...

The last 12 months have been very long with a lot of change but it is all good. We have our health, we have each other, we have family and friends.

Remember - Don't let life rule you, Life is to be lived and enjoyed...

As stated in post #1 ~ the winner of this cointest would be random. This is what we did:

We numbered slips of paper with the post numbers, and then let our 3 year old pick one of them from a bowl. The number was 10, therefore our winner is Theotokos! Congrats and look for your coin in the mail next week. We have your addy from the Turkey Day Missions.

We only started geocaching in August and for us that is what I am most thankful for. We were a very close family and did a lot of things together when we were on the farm but we had to leave our farm behind about 10 years ago. In my job, I travel a lot and we've been relocated many times. I've missed a lot of my family growing up since I was on the road so much and we drifted apart in many ways. Geocaching has given me the opportunity to spend more quality time with my family and to get out into nature away from everything else - which we love.

The geocoin community has also been great and our family loves the coins. I'm particularly thrilled that my children want to leave each cache a little better than we found it. We've got three sets of pathtags done with more to come I'm sure. They love sending out TB's and collecting coins. They had originally wanted to get coins to send out into the wild but none have left the house yet - other than for trades. We've done well to get a nice start on a geocoin collection and the kids contributed to it. Most of them are out of money now so we will be slowing down but I think they would all agree that it was worth it.

We are also looking forward to setting up a number of caches, eventually, with some unique themes - at least I think they are unique. I'm holding off though as I see another move coming next spring but this time I am hoping it gets us back home and on the farm again - fingers crossed. Everyone is so excited about the thought of getting back again. There aren't a lot of geocaches back home which is a bit disheartening but it's also an opportunity to build it up as best we can.

So for me...geocaching and the geocoin community has been a real blessing this year. It's unfortunate that we don't have the funds to do some of the projects we would like to do but maybe someday we can. We have really come to enjoy everything about geocaching and geocoins and it has brought us closer together. It really does give us great pleasure and our hope is to share that joy with as many people as we can and give back to the community. There are so many of you that have been wonderful to us and we appreciate everything - thanks.

Congrats Theotokos!!

I know this cointest is over, But . . .

I just turned my computer on today. No, I didn't cache today, just cooked. I must say that I enjoyed reading every-one's postings for this subject.

I am Thankful for my daughter getting into the RN program . My older son got a teaching position that he thoroughly enjoys ( he got burned out last year). And for my younger son getting a call from his counselor telling him that He Does get to graduate this being his year (he thought he'd have to be a "super senior" next year).

I, too am VERY thankful for living in this beautiful state of Washington And the United States of America :laughing:

There are many more items I am thankful for but that is good enough for now!

Congrats Theotokos...Sounds like you do have have lots to be thankful for :)

Many things to give thanks for, but as a general thanks on my end, I must say that everything has worked out pretty well for the most part for me this year. We are healthy, have a place to live, got a new job, went through moving (at the same time, and still am :P ) and the as Team Chelmo says...The wee little Geosprog on the way!...Really cant complain about much, except cant get out caching!!! :D

As for this place we spend all the free moments of our day in...Many friendships made and all kinds of fun to be had!!! Have seen many occasions where someones days were brightened by the generosity of all of us here...from the Mystery droppers to the egotists and altruists who just get a kick outa makin someone feel good!...Many good things happen here and I am very greatfull I have found this place!

Many acts to be thankful for in the coming 2008...so stay tuned and prepare to be thankful!!! :D:)B):P