Geocacher to be Olympic Torch Bearer!

UPDATE:

The Olympic Flame was lit in Ancient Olympia this morning, and starts its 130 day tour before the games.

To coincide with this auspicious event, today my "Chase Your Dreams" geocoin has been put on sale.

Some are on sale at Castle Coins & Pins and I shall have some in hand here in the UK later in the week.

A couple more bits of publicity have appeared:

On the sponsors page

&

following our activities at Crufts.

Congratulations Wendy, I am sure plenty of people will be taking a keen interest in the torches progression, particularly when it gets to London, and I have absolutely no doubt that there will also be a great deal of interest in the "Chase Your Dreams" coin. So glad it went on sale in the morning in the UK, gave us a chance of getting one.

***Route Announced***

The entire route of the torch can be found online at the GLA website.

The bit Caesar and I are doing is just behind St Pauls, between the two red marks on the map below.

From the Junction of New Change and Cannon Street along Cannon Street to just east of Mansion House EC4

6ea6e7ca-71f8-481b-a069-b3045c551ffa.jpg

:unsure::D:lol:

Have been watching to see where you will be carrying the torch, hope to be able to see you. Managed to get one of the beautiful coins :D .

Ooops! I did it again!

My link

It doesn't seem like four years ago this week, I was preparing to carry the torch in London!

However, at times, when I consider what's happened in between, it seems like a lifetime! Back then, I could never have imagined losing my Dad and Caesar within weeks of each other, the affect on my health that those two events would cause, the almost unbearable wait for the arrival of Caesars' successor, Udo (13 long months) and the surgery I've had on my arm due to too much wheelchair pushing - yes, really!

Being chosen to carry the torch again with Udo beside me is truly an honour and I'm still pinching myself!

The stretch will be in Upton, Poole, on July 13th in the afternoon.

Those of you who know Karen and Coco will, I am sure be delighted to know they've been chosen too! Their stretch is on the same day in central Poole.

Any other geocachers carrying the flame this time around?

Again, I had to sit on this news for a while - I'm glad you've gone public with it, my need to blab was killing me, lol! Hearty congratulations to you Wendy, plus Udo, Karen and Coco of course! To be selected to carry the torch once is a huge honour. To do so twice is very unusual and a testament to your hard work for LOCOG in helping the Olympics and Paralympics be as accessible as possible. I hope you don't have to have a fleet of Chinese bodyguards this time. :D

For those who don't know, Wendy is also a member of the Geolympix organising team, making July a busy month for her!

I saw dorsetgal on the tv this evening with her doggie we were watching the news and a program about the torch after and i said to my hubby im sure that lady and her dog are geocachers and came on here to search :)

were you number 87?