how many ______?

BDSmileys

1.how many geocaches have you found?

2.how many geocaches have you hidden?

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you?

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day?

6.how many items have you traded?

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for?

have fun answering these questions ^^ im just curious and it will be interesting if you have any examples for question 4 ^^.

here are mine

1. 6

2. 1

3. 0 <_<

4. once but i never got the geocache <_< we got lost part way and we had to turn back because then it got dark, o well im going try it again next time.

5. 2 ^^

6. 2

7. 6, i dont got a gps

1.how many geocaches have you found? 592

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 222

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? It depends. Sometimes me alone. Sometimes me and the wife and sometimes me and other local geocachers

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocacheNever, unless you consider an hour drive a long trip, then it's once.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? Ten I think

6.how many items have you traded? Can't even guess.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? Twice

1.how many geocaches have you found? 143

2.how many geocaches have you hidden?8 with another already to go just need to place final cache for a multi

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you?did one caching trip with another geocaching family

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^3 I think

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day?5 maybe 6

6.how many items have you traded?don't know

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for?from memory our first 7

1) 1351

2) 21

3) I usually cache with Andy Bear, but I have gone caching with others, including my brother and sister.

4) We arranged a week's vacation to go to Maryland for the Project A.P.E. cache. That's only 183 miles by satellite, but it's a long trip.

5) 19 caching with my brother

6) I've moved or discovered 451 trackables

7) none

1.how many geocaches have you found?1975

2.how many geocaches have you hidden?79

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you?Quite a few. Depends on the type of day - cache run, long hikes, etc

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^Again, depends on what "long" is. 2 hour drive or more - probably 6 or 7. Drive to GW5 was 36 hours each way.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day?79

6.how many items have you traded? kids trade a fair bit, never counted

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for?0

79 found in one day? Wow. That's a minimum of 7 and half miles (one cache every 500ft) and one found within every 18 minutes including travel time for 24 hours straight without sleep, bathroom breaks or taking time to eat.

I'm impressed, I've taken nine months to get a little over 50 or so.

Edited by Walt Jabsco

1. 2985

2. 123

3. I've cached with probably at least a hundred different people - there are about a dozen particular folks that are the most likely that I would be caching with

4. long trip? like overnight? call it 12- 20 times

5. I'm actually not sure - I do remember a 79 cache day for certain

6. I trade little, I've left many many hundreds of items

7. three times (and once got pretty spooky - I kept walking and walking, wondering if I'd gotten on to a trail that was new or unknown to me - the cache title was descriptive, and I recognized the reference, figured I could just walk in and search the area, it worked, but I sure mis-remembered the length of the walk in)

Isonzo Karst is a rookie. I am heading out the door to go find my 3000th geocache today.

1.how many geocaches have you found? 2996

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 43.

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? My main caching partner is my 13 year old daughter. I wish she would wake up so we could leave the house.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache If 2000 miles is "long" then the answer is four times. Longest roadtrips driving from home and back were a trip from Pittsburgh to Nashville and a 1000 mile circular route trip around Pennsylvania.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 240, during the aforesaid Nashville trip.

6.how many items have you traded? Generally I quit trading about 2500 cache hunts ago, unless something really catches my eye.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? For park and grab caches we leave the GPS in the car, to add a bit of a challenge, then take it out of the car if we're having trouble. So the answer is dozens or hundreds. But we've also found the final stage of a multicache without finding the earlier clue to the final location, just by asking "where would someone hide a cache in this park?"

1.how many geocaches have you found? 1039

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 17

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Regularily, it's just me, my partner, and the dog. We've taken our nieces and sisters on occasion.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache? Define long? "Just" for a cache, would probablly be a drive of about 2-3 hours.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? I think our max is about 17-18. Usually we hit about 6-12.

6.how many items have you traded? Never counted. Lots!

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? Our first three were found without the gps.

1.how many geocaches have you found? 270 or so. I forget exactly.

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 7? Yeah, 7.

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Usually alone, sometimes drag my family or dad along

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ 0

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? No idea. Counting event-only caches, probably ten or so. Otherwise, I'll guess seven. Is this open book? Can I look these up?

6.how many items have you traded? No idea. Less than 270.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? At least three, maybe a few more than that. Most recently, I knew nothing except that there was a cache somewhere in an undeveloped, many-dozens-of-acres park. I walked right to it, first place I looked. I figured a cache would be hidden about a quarter mile from parking and about 100 feet off the trail. I saw a big old tree at about those distances, and there was the cache

Edited by Dinoprophet

1.how many geocaches have you found? 2594

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 415

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? I generally cache solo and I prefer it that way

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ I've done road trip to Houston and Austin for specific caches, so about 250 to 300 miles.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? most was 50

6.how many items have you traded? unknown, but these days I rarely trade anything besides travelers

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? I generally do LPCs without a GPS, so 50+. Maybe a lot more than that!

1.how many geocaches have you found? 200

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 0. I've got 2 in the works. Took a month for my town to get back to me on permission for one of them, which they denied.

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Most often I'm on my own. A few times I've gone with 1 cacher, once with 8 other cachers.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ None

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? I think 10 is my record

6.how many items have you traded? Not sure. 100?

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? half a time. I went out without a gps and found the first stage of a multi, but had to wait until the next time I had my GPS to get the final.

1.how many geocaches have you found? 24

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 2

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? 3 (my girls)

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache? 0

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? Probably 3 or 4.

6.how many items have you traded? Probably about 15.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? 1, first geocache I ever found. Purchased a GPS that week.

Edited by egami

1.how many geocaches have you found? 3011 (42 on another site)

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 137 (3 on another site)

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? I go caching with several different people, but I also enjoy caching alone.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^0, Although I cached my way to and from Colorado three times in 2006

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? About 60

6.how many items have you traded? Don't know . . . but lots . . . usually "memento" trinkets

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? 0 I have a hard enough time finding some caches with my GPSr . . . <_<

1.how many geocaches have you found? 3292 and counting.

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 107 so far. I have a dozen ammo cans preped and ready to place. I have about 50 ammo cans in shipment and should be arriving soon. If you can get a GPS, you could be FTF on a couple. I am also "co-owner" on 78 other caches.

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? too many to count. I sent you an e-mail earlier this week about a caching adventure in Vegas and I haven't heard back from you yet. I know folks in your area that would be happy to give you a ride.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ too many to count I have even gone overseas to go cacheing.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 107

6.how many items have you traded? 1 I always trade the same one over and over and over. (Sorry, it's tough to be serious on this one).

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? None. I found out about geocaching from the salesman while I was purchasing a GPS for hiking.

So, if you want to chit chat, we can finds foilks that are good at that. If you want to go caching, send me an e-mail. (click the GJTB link in my sig line for an idea of the type of caches I tend to go for nowadays)

1.how many geocaches have you found? 2119

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 30, plus 4 adopted

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Several dozen, anywhere from 0 to 25-30 at a time

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache Once for sure (depends on "long"): 6800 mile round trip to get Mingo as #1000 find (plus another 180 along the way)

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 39

6.how many items have you traded? Never counted, don't care

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? don't recall if I've ever done this on purpose

1.how many geocaches have you found? 664

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 4

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Usually the 5 of us. Mom, dad and 3 kids - one of them has his own account.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ One that I would count as long. We went from Southern California to a Boy Scout camp in northern New Mexico, Philmont, for a week and ended up making a swing through Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas just to grab caches in those states! Just over 3000 miles total!

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 38

6.how many items have you traded? Way too many to count, but we've almost quit trading. Too much hassle!

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? Three or four. It usually upsets my wife that I've trying to "show off".

1.how many geocaches have you found? 178

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 17

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? 0 or 1.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache? Only a couple of day-long trips.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? About 5.

6.how many items have you traded? No idea.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? 0

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 107 so far. I have a dozen ammo cans preped and ready to place. I have about 50 ammo cans in shipment and should be arriving soon. If you can get a GPS, you could be FTF on a couple. I am also "co-owner" on 78 other caches.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 107

That just struck me as funny. ;)

~1500

75 (adopted 5 and hosted at least 10 events)

Mostly I cache solo, but I can usually convince friends, family or spouse to join me.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache?

Frequently. I'll often travel an hour to hit a cache that interest me. I'm also more likely to pick five or six cache over a 20 mile course and take a road trip rather then hit every cache in an area.

~20, although my 5 -7 is my ideal number of cache s to find in a day. I much rather spend 30-40 minutes exploring an area and taking picture then hitting a cache every 10 minutes.

No clue. I always trade bugs and coins. I try to leave more then I take and will usually toss a couple swag items into caches that are low on inventory.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for?

More than I can count. Very frequently as a matter of fact. I don't always find the cache, but I have a blast anyways. ;)

79 found in one day? Wow. That's a minimum of 7 and half miles (one cache every 500ft) and one found within every 18 minutes including travel time for 24 hours straight without sleep, bathroom breaks or taking time to eat.

I'm impressed, I've taken nine months to get a little over 50 or so.

I'm sure that someone will come along and tell you what the current record in a 24 period is. It's an insane amount. 79 is a good effort though.

1.how many geocaches have you found?--

Over 700

2.how many geocaches have you hidden?--

alone & with my husband 30

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you?--

dozens

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache?

We once went 75 miles out of route for one cache, just to add another state to our map, we were on a long trip already (over 1000 miles) and it didn't seem that far out of the way. It didn't seem that far out of the way until we were there, on wet red clay roads that just hours before had been red dust roads, so they were slick and it was starting to get dark, fast. Then it seemed pretty far out of the way. (We found the cache and our way back out to the big road a lot easier than we deserved).

Another time we were in Chicago, visiting the in-laws and decided to drive from Chicago to Racine to get a Kringle and plotted a few caches we could pick up along the way. For some odd reason, I decided there were two caches I wanted to get on our way back down through the Chicago area, even thought they weren't particularly close to one another. One is near a famous ghost story location and the other was one of the A.P.E. caches. We made it to Resurrection Mary, but it was too dark by the time we got done with it, so we decided to do the A.P.E. cache the next time through. (It was archived before we went back that way again). Chalk up a hundred or so extra miles that trip.

Um, 27 when we were alone, I think. We've found a lot more than that with others along to push us to hurry, but we generally tend to be fairly pokey.

I lost count a loooooooong time ago. Hundreds? I still like to trade

Found a few without having to use the GPS, but can't remember ever going out without a GPS along.

1.how many geocaches have you found? 550

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 35

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Grandson from time to time, but mostly solo

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ Once, "The Beer Well"

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 12

6.how many items have you traded? Hundreds

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? I will sometimes head out for a drive up after using only Google Earth. Maybe for or five. I do have my Magellan in tow in case tho...

8. How many FTF caches? 59

I want to know how someone could find ovor 200 caches in one day. That's one cache every SIX MINUTES! I'm guessing that the high numbers for caches in one day is really caches LOGGED in one day after a coupla days hunting. Actual finds even as low as 79 in one day is one cache every 18 minutes. Even that's impossible unless you're The Flash!! That's gotta be logging the caches without changing the date drop down list for series of caches found along a route over several days. I always try to log a cache using the actual find date so that my stats are more accurate for "itsnotabouthtenumbers" web utility.

I want to know how someone could find ovor 200 caches in one day...

LOL, wait until you get my answer!

A number of us have found over 200 in a day. Yes, found!

1.how many geocaches have you found? 2410 logged, but I quit logging most caches almost two years ago, so perhaps double that now.

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 32 caches, not counting the 16 events I've hosted

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Lots, I rarely cache alone, anywhere from 1 to 40 on cache runs

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache Define long trip! >50 miles? Dozens. >1000 miles? 5

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 294. We found 312 between 9 a.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (24 hours) as part of a World Record Team attempt at GW5, though we split into 2 groups for a few minutes for 18 of those.

6.how many items have you traded? Thousands, though I don't much trade anymore.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? 3

8. How many FTF caches? 60 or so, I quit counting long ago

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

I want to know how someone could find ovor 200 caches in one day. That's one cache every SIX MINUTES! I'm guessing that the high numbers for caches in one day is really caches LOGGED in one day after a coupla days hunting. Actual finds even as low as 79 in one day is one cache every 18 minutes. Even that's impossible unless you're The Flash!! That's gotta be logging the caches without changing the date drop down list for series of caches found along a route over several days. I always try to log a cache using the actual find date so that my stats are more accurate for "itsnotabouthtenumbers" web utility.

Since I claimed "240" as my answer in this thread, I'll assume you are addressing me. You'd be guessing wrong. All the caches were found in a 24 hour consecutive period. Please don't make statements about what's "impossible." It makes it sound like you are questioning the veracity of my answer.

Since I claimed "240" as my answer in this thread, I'll assume you are addressing me. You'd be guessing wrong. All the caches were found in a 24 hour consecutive period. Please don't make statements about what's "impossible." It makes it sound like you are questioning the veracity of my answer.

Oh, my dear RB! In just two years you have almost equaled my count...... and it has taken me 4 years to do it. How is it possible? Are you sure you didn't double-log? (obviously you have missed some things. Check out Nashville on gc. Check out "power trail" in the forums.) :anibad:

42 (oh, wow, I guess I'm done now! :P )

I've gone by myself. I've gone with my husband. I've gone with my family. I've gone with friends. The list goes on. I think that the most I've "gone" with would be in a Cache Machine that was maybe 70 people? Otherwise the smallest next to that would have to be about 10-15 people.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^

I've gone on caching weekends a few times (for my MIL's birthday), all about 4-6 hours away. I've gone on trips twice specifically to get one cache: Ebey Bluffs (maybe 4 hours away), and Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (maybe 2 hours away). Both of those were pretty epic journeys for me, surrounded by my closest family and friends supporting me. :P:) Otherwise, I don't really make special trips to cache, because I live with a relatively non-caching husband. I squish caching in any chance I get as we go along. It's probably good, it keeps me in check from not becoming a geocaching addict, wandering the woods and city streets night and day, with a glazed look in my eyes and with drool rolling down the corner of my mouth muttering "where is it? where did they put the pretties?" and scaring little kiddies. :ph34r:

36, on two different days. Once was on a Cache Machine, and I would have gotten 9 more that day, but I'd already been to those 9 and so couldn't count them that day (so we technically went to 45 caches that day). The second was on a small informal "Cache Machine", where a couple lovely people took some of us "out of towners" around caching. One of my best caching experiences, relaxed and fun.

Who knows, after over 5 1/2 years? I usually don't trade anymore, but I always keep trade items in my caching backpack just in case I see something neat, or if I have my kids with me.

I've never gone caching without a GPS. But once I saw a new cache pop up in town and immediately knew exactly where it was placed, so I didn't use the GPS at all. Although technically, I don't own a GPS, so I've gotten by all these years by borrowing other people's (my husband's and MIL's, if I can pry them out of their cold dead hands, or make them take me caching, and I've borrowed from friends as well). I've reached the point where it's just not cutting it, I really do need my own. But with as little as I get out, I guess nobody can justify it. :anibad: I've thought about trying to do some with a GPS, I think it should be possible with maps and if the cache is a regular size. That would be fun to try. :)

I see that the last couple people have added how many FTF they have? I have no idea, because I haven't been counting. I've thought about trying to figure out, but there's a lot of caches to wade through. I may try some day if I'm really bored. But then I'd have problems with the ones where I was caching with someone else (which is most of my FTF), and I wouldn't be able to remember anymore who spotted it first. So it's a pretty silly and futile thing to try and figure out. :)

1.how many geocaches have you found? 50 something or so, not really counting

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 1, but it's a good one.

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? usually by myself.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache? I've geocached while on a long trip, but not went on a long trip just to geocache.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? I dunno, not really counting. I prefer seeing the locations, not ringing up a score.

6.how many items have you traded? See above

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? Never, my gps is always with me.

8. How many FTF caches? 1, been there, done that.

There isn't anything I want to do 79 times in one day, much less 240 or 294. Except maybe breathe. Yes, definitely breathe.

Edited by Walt Jabsco

1.how many geocaches have you found? 550

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 35

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Grandson from time to time, but mostly solo

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ Once, "The Beer Well"

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 12

6.how many items have you traded? Hundreds

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? I will sometimes head out for a drive up after using only Google Earth. Maybe for or five. I do have my Magellan in tow in case tho...

8. How many FTF caches? 59

I'll take issue with this as well, as we found 79. We did it with our 2 year old and 5 year old over 11 hours. 49 of these caches were along a caching strip called "Easy Street" between Halifax and Peggy's Cove, NS which took us 4.5 hours to do. Just because you can't do it, don't question others who can.

1.how many geocaches have you found? 138

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 12

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? 8

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache? That depends on what you think is long. We often go about 50 miles because we live in a remote area. But we are planning on going 500 miles to Attend the GeoWoodStock in California in May. That will be our longest trip.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? Once we found 13 caches in a day. But usually we just get one or two because we like hiking. Getting there is most of the fun.

6.how many items have you traded? Too many to count, always picking up fun swag to trade. If you were talking about coins or tbs we have about 20 and half are out travelling. They seem to have slowed their journeys with the onset of winter.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? Only twice in the beginning and we found the caches. Does it count if your gps dies on route and you still found it, because we have a couple of those. And what about the caches where the coordinates are soooooo off that you might as well not had a gps, because we have a couple of those. Once we even found an actual Letterbox when we were out looking for a cache that ended up missing before it was ever first found.

how many...

1.how many geocaches have you found? 2500 as of yesterday

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 112

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Spark (wife) for about 850. Big Dog (9 year old granddaughter) for about 30 caches but many more to come now that we live within 10 miles of their house now instead of 700 miles. I have been to all our cache finds.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ? Probably around 30 just for caching only. It was the only way I could cache living in a county much larger than Rhode Island with only about 100 caches. All of our cache trips, save about 250 local finds, required driving time of more than 5 hours.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 60

6.how many items have you traded? Probably about 937.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? 20, or so with only one dnf.

Edited by Team Sagefox

Ok, Ok.

Point me to an area with that kind of saturation and post "I" found and not "we" found 79/200 in one day.

Stranger things have happened.....

I (we, as in all of us were together at all times) found 36 cache in one day (Port Orchard/Bremerton WA area). It was a very relaxed day, we stood around talking a lot. We were relaxed and we enjoyed ourselves. We went on some longer walks. We took an extra looong time at an evil micro hide. We didn't even take the whole day to look.

If we had tried a bit harder and pushed, we could have done twice as much. If we had started earlier and ended later we could have done more than that. If we had been prepared, with maps and step by step routes, we could have done even more. If we had been in a more cache dense area like LA or something, we could have done a lot more.

Repeat as necessary. :anibad:

1.how many geocaches have you found? 3390

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 34

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Many we have met through caching. A childhood buddy and wife regularly.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ 6,500 miles to do the Oregon Delorme and Counties challenges. ????? miles to do the Calif Delorme and Counties challenges. Now extensive travel to complete the Well Rounded, Fizzy Challenge.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 43. It is not really about the numbers for us. We may only find one in a day when doing a challenge series.

6.how many items have you traded? Uncountable. We usually leave more than we take when a cache is a bit empty.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? A few times. Virtuals and Earthcaches are generally easy to do this way.

1.how many geocaches have you found? 176

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 10

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Usually wife and kids (6yo son, 4yo daughter). On occasion (I would guess about 5-10% of the time) just me alone

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocacheNever, but as we exhaust local hides, it's bound to happen sometime next year (in this area I count drives over 10 miles that either involve a tollbridge or going to Manhattan as such, except for events)

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? About 7 or 8, I believe for the "Tut Tour" in Philly. With the kids, 4 (they get tired and bored after awhile)

6.how many items have you traded? More than I can imagine, though on the rare times I go alone I usually don't trade

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? Once, batteries died on GPS well before GZ but hint was obvious enough to find it.

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

1.how many geocaches have you found? over 3000

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 14 I think without looking at my stats

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? around 50 but not all at the same time

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache what is considered a long trip?

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? over 50

6.how many items have you traded? who knows??

around 20 or so

I misspoke with my 79 in one day answer (likely because 79 was in answer above mine). I took a look at "My Finds" query and it's actually 69 finds. But that was in 6 hours - 5pm to 11pm 5/20/2005.

Rattlebars, take a look at this map - do some zooming and panning. Open some cache pages, you'll see many "100 finds day" bookmarked lists. Believe me, 100 in one day is not a stretch in this area.

Google cache map north Lakeland FL

FYI, Rattlebars lives in Northeast Ohio -- an extremely cache-dense area. He's just a skeptic. I can drive up there from Pittsburgh, find 30 caches, and be home in time for dinner A few months ago I did a cache run after church, ending in Youngstown Ohio, where I found 35 caches solo in five hours of active caching. Near the end of that day in June, I found one of Team Rattlebars' caches and it was absolutely excellent.

Ohio will roll over the odometer to have more than 10,000 active caches by the end of this year. Density isn't an issue. :laughing:

1.how many geocaches have you found? 1242

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 39 (32 under our profile, 7 under the kids')

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? Three (me, my husband, our 6 year old. Occasionally, our older son, who is 14 years old.)

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache? Define "long"! The farthest we have driven specifically TO cache is about 80 miles as the crow flies.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 39

6.how many items have you traded? More than I could count!

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? Never tried it! It's hard enough to find the darn things WITH a GPS sometimes.

8. How many FTF caches? 61

1.how many geocaches have you found? Just over 1800

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? about 20

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? varies among about 10 others.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ What's a long trip? The farthest I've travelled just to cache is only about 100 miles but I've cached over 600 miles away.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? The most is 76.

6.how many items have you traded? Ugh.. thousands..

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? Only three or four times so far.. Does this include simply forgetting to load the newest caches? If so, a few more.

Ok, ok. But I'm still incredulous. Less than six minutes per find for 69. But I will leave it to you and apologize for doubting your veracity. I found 12 in 2.5 hours which is 15 minutes between each and that was in our Mill Creek Park which has good density. Nowhere nearby do I have access to the kind of density and "difficulty" as the "Easy" series and what lies around them. Lucky you!

1.how many geocaches have you found? 4800+

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 35+

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? lots

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache? Lots, at least 2x/year and even overseas

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 116 is my tops

6.how many items have you traded? lots, but not so much any more-I'm in this for the journey

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? 2-3 times

Ok, ok. But I'm still incredulous. Less than six minutes per find for 69. But I will leave it to you and apologize for doubting your veracity. I found 12 in 2.5 hours which is 15 minutes between each and that was in our Mill Creek Park which has good density. Nowhere nearby do I have access to the kind of density and "difficulty" as the "Easy" series and what lies around them. Lucky you!

It can be done. In fact Lep's record didn't stand very long. Two guys from Germany blew right by Lep's record of 240 a few months later and bagged 263. Another team found well over 300 but used questionable methods such as splitting the team up, so some people don't accept their record.

I can't find the article written by the German regarding the record run and preparation, but it included a lot of pre-hunt planning, including eliminating high difficulty caches and those with recent DNFs and having a local plan the best route, taking into consideration traffic patterns and also having a local serve as a driver. The planning was extensive and took a couple of months.

1-699

2-17 (13 active, 4 archived)

3-We are a foursome (2 guys, 2 dogs), I think we have had maybe ten non geocachers go with us over the years.

4-3

5-12 (We seek out regular sized non micros primarily so we will bypass puzzles and multi's-hence we are traveling farther out from our home to find those so we are geocaching a bit less now)

6-Never kept count

7-3 (I think)

1.how many geocaches have you found? 1121

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 109

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? I mostly cache alone, or with my family. I've gone on several group hunts, with 10 to 20 people.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ Many long trips, but my longest was 330 miles round trip for find # 1000.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? Best day was 54, second best was 36

6.how many items have you traded? Not very often.

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? I don't recall exactly how many, but it is between 10 to 20

Edited by Kit Fox

1.how many geocaches have you found? 209

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 1

Usually alone, but many times with son. Sometimes wife is along and she usually is the one that actually finds the cache. On Thanksgiving morning, it was wife, son, and cousin. First time for cousin and she enjoyed it. We found four in two hours.

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache? Never, but usually find a cache or two on other trips. Sometimes I'll leave early for a business trip so I have extra time to cache.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 6?

6.how many items have you traded? Just one, usually don't trade

7.how many times have you gone geocaching with out a gps and found the geocache that you were looking for? Once, only tried that one time, but probably will try more.

1.how many geocaches have you found? 278 as of today

2.how many geocaches have you hidden? 3, and adopted 1

3.how many people do you know go geocaching with you? grandkids and wife

4.how many times have you gone on a long trip just for a geocache ^^ i take long trips for my job, and geocache. Saves my fuel expense.

5.how many geocaches have you found in just one day? 8 my best day

6.how many items have you traded? didn't bother to keep track of this.

twice