PDA recommendations

trailpuppy

I was wondering if my fellow cachers could recommend a PDA to purchase. My vitals: premium member, Garmin 60 CS, have GSAK, will be purchasing Cachemate. Max budget $150 (or so), looking for a unit that's easy to use and a screen that can be read in sunlight. Hopefully one that also comes with a metal case so I don't break it my first week! Thank you all, I really appreciate the help.

I currently have a Palm Vx that I got for $15 picked up locally of Ebay. Cought a case for another 10 but after a year the battery started fading very fast. Bought a new battery and replaced it...(not a easy feat) but it has good power and then drops like a rock so I guess it's the unit, not the battery. Found a Z22 on ebay for $40, need to get time to switch all over and get a case. Being new can't tell what it wil be like in sunshine yet.

Unless you have a read need for it ther than Geocaching, stay under $50 so if it is lost or damaged... no biggie... just get a replcaement.

The Palm M500 is a good one because the screen is easy to read, even in bright sunlight. The Palm M505 or M515 are also good, inexpensive choices, with a bit faster processors.

You don't need to spend more than $50.00, including the price of shipping and a hard case, to have an excellent PDA for caching.

Don't waste money on a new one if you are just going to use it for caching. They really aren't designed for the great outdoors, so you might have yourself an expensive paperweight if it gets rained on, dropped or banged around.

I have a M500 and it stays in my pack unless needed. The M500 holds a few thousand cache pages and is fairly readable in sunlight. You can find one used for around $30 on Ebay.