I only had a couple of days..............

Carlos & The Birdie Crew

Hi Guys,

I was oover in Durban at the end of Oct, early Nov and managed to bag a couple of caches whilst there. I also managed to meet the infamous Noddy who was kind enough to show me round a little <_< .

I thought the South African caching community would have been much sparser that it turned out to be but it's "alive and kicking", keep it up!. You have such a great landscape to exploit and what with the ingenuity of some of the hides I came across, I was well impressed.

I started off quite nervous but fears were quickly dispelled and have to say that of the caches I did, Diminishing View was one of the best for me with the Kites that were wheeling over me all the time (bit of a birdwatcher on the side). The most ingenious hide was Retail Therapy #3 and Umhlanga Lighthouse was the easiest but it took 3 attempt to get <_< .

If you ever get to the UK be sure to drop me a line and I'll see if I can help in any way.

My kids (the Birdies) were most jealous of my trip and wanted to keep the SA geocoin I managed to collect whilst there but, alas, it's already making new friends with other cachers over here.

Have a great Christmas everybody...

Carlos and the Birdie Crew

Edited by Carlos & The Birdie Crew