Anyone know GeoLite69?

Team XL5

Does anyone know GeoLite69? He's quite a prolific cacher with over 1000 finds and over 100 hides so he's given a lot to caching. He has picked up a number of Tbs/Jeeps (including one of mine), held on to them for a couple of months or more, then dropped them into one of his own caches which he also archived the same day. I've tried emailing (politely of course) and posting a note on the archived cache but no reply.

I was wondering if anyone knew him to ask to get the TBs moving again or at least find out if anything has happened to them.

Thanks

I've had a TB held by a guy in Canda for over a year, on it's way to Alaska. I finally emailed a cacher in his area since he wouldn't reply back to my emails. She knows someone that works with him, but he still hasn't released it. I'm still hopefull! :anibad:

The person with your bug hasn't cached for over a year, so you might want to contact them to ask them to send you the bug by mail. They probably don't check their geocaching email account anymore, but snail mail might work. They posted their real name in the log when they picked up the bug, and when I did a search (www.canada411.ca) of the Yukon there was only one listing for that name. If that isn't the same person they probably are related to the cacher, because it's not a common name. Maybe if you sent them a stamped, self-addressed envelope they would send you your bug. Or you could even phone them (or would that be considered harassment?).

Does anyone know GeoLite69? He's quite a prolific cacher with over 1000 finds and over 100 hides so he's given a lot to caching. He has picked up a number of Tbs/Jeeps (including one of mine), held on to them for a couple of months or more, then dropped them into one of his own caches which he also archived the same day. I've tried emailing (politely of course) and posting a note on the archived cache but no reply.

I was wondering if anyone knew him to ask to get the TBs moving again or at least find out if anything has happened to them.

Thanks

We know Geolite69 perhaps we can be of assistance. :D

Thanks

After looking at the cache these trackables are in I beleive this cache was muggled and replaced several times. The last time he replaced it he added the trackables to it only to have it muggled again the same day. Thats whey he archived the cache.

We have been having major problems in the last few months with caches getting stolen in our area. Due to the nature of the hides that are going MIA it seems these may be inside jobs so to speak. :D

I've had a TB held by a guy in Canda for over a year, on it's way to Alaska. I finally emailed a cacher in his area since he wouldn't reply back to my emails. She knows someone that works with him, but he still hasn't released it. I'm still hopefull! :D

The person with your bug hasn't cached for over a year, so you might want to contact them to ask them to send you the bug by mail. They probably don't check their geocaching email account anymore, but snail mail might work. They posted their real name in the log when they picked up the bug, and when I did a search (www.canada411.ca) of the Yukon there was only one listing for that name. If that isn't the same person they probably are related to the cacher, because it's not a common name. Maybe if you sent them a stamped, self-addressed envelope they would send you your bug. Or you could even phone them (or would that be considered harassment?).

Thanks for that, but have tried it. The only thing so that is going farth is that I emailed a local cacher in the area that knows someone that works with him. She has told me that she is still working on him but it isn't going well. :P I will even buy him another toy if I could just have mine back. :)

The last time he replaced it he added the trackables to it only to have it muggled again the same day. Thats whey he archived the cache.

I'm not sure why the cache owner wouldn't simply say that so people could re-release their TBs rather than wondering if it might still be held captive.

If you're not at fault then you have nothing to worry about and letting people know would be the polite thing to do, eh? At least respond to queries.

By the way Team XL5 you do a great job at removing the tracking number from the tag photos. How do you make it look so clean?