18 IN State Parks to close for deer hunts

2qwerqE

From www.wrtv.com:

>INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Department of Natural Resources plans to temporarily close 18 state parks and one nature preserve in the coming weeks for deer hunts.

The parks and nature preserve will be closed Nov. 26-27 and Dec. 10-11.

The DNR said the deer populations have grown too large for the areas to support them and maintain an ecological balance.

The parks to be closed are: Chain O'Lakes, Charlestown, Clifty Falls, Fort Harrison, Harmonie, Indiana Dunes, Lincoln, McCormick's Creek, Ouabache, Pokagon, Potato Creek, Shades, Shakamak, Spring Mill, Tippecanoe River, Turkey Run, Versailles and Whitewater Memorial.

The Twin Swamps Nature Preserve near Evansville will also be closed. <

Just thought you all should know. This time of year, I avoid the state forests and preserves because it's hunting season. I usually visit state parks instead, since usually, there's no hunting in state parks. But not for these two weekends. Yes, I understand the need to cull the deer populations. But I don't have to like it.

I guess county parks will have to do.

From www.wrtv.com:

. This time of year, I avoid the state forests and preserves because it's hunting season. I usually visit state parks instead, since usually, there's no hunting in state parks. But not for these two weekends. Yes, I understand the need to cull the deer populations. But I don't have to like it.

I guess county parks will have to do.

Better look at your calender again, those aren't on the weekend, the hunt are on Monday and Tuesday. Even the State is smart enough not to schedule deer hunts on busy weekends. <_<

Edited by Cpt.Blackbeard