How many active cachers are there in the UK?

Anyone got any idea approximately how many active cachers there are in the UK at the moment? I'm writing a newspaper article and thought it might be interesting to include the figure. I believe it used to be on the Geocaching:UK site but that is still down (I realise that it also included cachers from abroad who had cached in this country).

No idea!

I think the easiest <_< way to find out is to ask whoever admins the web site to do a count on unique UK members who have logged on (last visit) in the past 12, 6, 3 and 1 months then work out the average and you should be somewhere near.

I'm not sure if GSAK can help I don't know enough about it.........I've only just started using it.

TLHM

Don't forget those 5000 are 5000 cachers AND caching teams. With lots of couples and families playing, the real number is probably closer to 8000 individuals.

But a lot of them aren't particularly active... they just amble along at a snails pace, do drive by caches and "don't do hills"... eh, Mandy <_<