76CSx and TOPO 2008

jdwest32

OK I dont really know what happened about why the body of my post is not here but.....

Topo 2008 has more waypoint icons, specifically the ones for hunting. you can see them with mapsource but not on the unit. does anyone know how to get them on my unit. I tried to add them as custom wp icons but i cant find them.

thx

j

OK I dont really know what happened about why the body of my post is not here but.....

Topo 2008 has more waypoint icons, specifically the ones for hunting. you can see them with mapsource but not on the unit. does anyone know how to get them on my unit. I tried to add them as custom wp icons but i cant find them.

thx

j

I have the 60CSx which is the same as yours except for the box. I view the exact waypoint symbols in the GPSr as in MapSource. In fact, I use several of the hunting icons and they display as advertised in the unit.

There is no specific setting that I'm aware of. Perhaps a call to Garmin is in order....

thx

j

I have the 60CSx which is the same as yours except for the box. I view the exact waypoint symbols in the GPSr as in MapSource. In fact, I use several of the hunting icons and they display as advertised in the unit.

There is no specific setting that I'm aware of. Perhaps a call to Garmin is in order....

You can use the ones that say tracks and blood trails etc.. ??

thx

j

OK i just got off the phone with tech support and they confirmed that those wymbols are not available on the unit, only the desktop. ... which sucks. ;)

thx

j

OK i just got off the phone with tech support and they confirmed that those wymbols are not available on the unit, only the desktop. ... which sucks. ;)

I had just picked up my unit to check those specifically and found your response here. I haven't used those specific ones, but have used others in the hunting section. Yes, I agree, indeed that sucks!