Hide styles

dcsmitho

I have come across different hide styles along the trail. For instances, florida style is at the base of a tree. Today I was looking for a cache that was hidden germen style and I couldn't find it. Where is german style hidden? Finally, I have come across these two types of hides, are there anymore types?

I have come across different hide styles along the trail. For instances, florida style is at the base of a tree. Today I was looking for a cache that was hidden germen style and I couldn't find it. Where is german style hidden? Finally, I have come across these two types of hides, are there anymore types?

Apparently the Florida style is the same as the Danish style

Florida style is in the palmettos, or covered with palm/palmetto fronds. It may or may not be at the base of a tree. That usage is consistent in Florida.

In Florida, if you say Georgia style, that means on the ground covered in pine straw, and if you say North Carolina style that means against (in the root ball usually) a fallen tree. I don't know if the Georgians or North Carolinians use these terms in the same way.

Arizona Style is popular and pretty accurate. It is a cache hidden under rocks. Here's an example of Arizona style hides:

6uom4iv.jpg

This is the first ever AZ geocache. Not surprisingly....hidden AZ style

That is Nevada style, too.

People here in Nebraska frequently curse me for my transplanted Nevada style caches. They like pine needles, hollowed-out pine cones, and piles of wood! ;)

And TANKS. Don't get me started on TANKS. ;)