ACTIVATING A FOUND GEOCOIN

BIG BLUE 4

MY FIRST GEOCOIN WAS A NEBRASKA GEOCOIN THAT I ACTIVATED. IT NEVER CAME UP ON MY PAGE SO I COULD CLICK ON IT TO SEND IT ALONG.

I HAVE NOW FOUND A GEOCOIN FROM ALASKA. WHEN I TRIED TO LOG IT IT SAID THAT IT HADN'T BEEN ACTIVATED AND TO ACTIVATE IT. THE ONLY NUMBER I HAVE IS THE ONE ON THE COIN. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THESE COIN ACTIVATED AND LOGGED PROPERLY?

THANKS FOR THE HELP, BIG BLUE 4

Sometimes the best way to learn how to do something is to have the instructions handy. Try these links to help you find your way.... Geocoinhowto and GeocoinFAQ

Your Nebraskache coin is in an unknown location. All you have to do is grab it... or log a grab so it will be in your inventory. Once there you can drop it off in a cache of your choosing. You may also want to change the name of the coin to something more personal. At times the generic name doesn't show in the inventory list when you go to log a note or find in a cache page.

Edited by Droo

MY FIRST GEOCOIN WAS A NEBRASKA GEOCOIN THAT I ACTIVATED. IT NEVER CAME UP ON MY PAGE SO I COULD CLICK ON IT TO SEND IT ALONG.

I HAVE NOW FOUND A GEOCOIN FROM ALASKA. WHEN I TRIED TO LOG IT IT SAID THAT IT HADN'T BEEN ACTIVATED AND TO ACTIVATE IT. THE ONLY NUMBER I HAVE IS THE ONE ON THE COIN. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THESE COIN ACTIVATED AND LOGGED PROPERLY?

THANKS FOR THE HELP, BIG BLUE 4

Because you may not know, using all caps is considered YELLING! and is harder on the eyes to read as well. Welcome to the obsession . . . :santa:

I need help to activate a geocoin. My friend mailed me this new geocoin from Douglas, Wyoming. The coin was minted by Hogwildstuff.org and my friend to me to go to www.hogcode.com to retrieve the activation code. However the web page asks me for the "Coin Edition." I tried several options for the coin edition and none of them worked. I just get an email from info@hogwildstuff.org saying "this code does not exist in the activation code database." How can I tell what the correct "Coin Edition" is?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David (aka. chthonic99)

I need help to activate a geocoin. My friend mailed me this new geocoin from Douglas, Wyoming. The coin was minted by Hogwildstuff.org and my friend to me to go to www.hogcode.com to retrieve the activation code. However the web page asks me for the "Coin Edition." I tried several options for the coin edition and none of them worked. I just get an email from info@hogwildstuff.org saying "this code does not exist in the activation code database." How can I tell what the correct "Coin Edition" is?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David (aka. chthonic99)

It appears the Steve has not uploaded that set of codes yet into the database. You could either wait a bit, and see if it shows up soon. Or, email the contact email for hogwildstuff.org, and get it directly (or at least timing on when it will be available at hogcode).