Who has the most geocaches of anyone?

Does anyone know who holds the record for the MOST geocaches to date?

I'm just curious. I've seen people with over 6000 so far.

Anyone know of someone with more than 7000?

That's Washington state; we're sloths. :( The link Mach2003 provided will take you to the CacherStats site, where you can see that the world leader, TeamAlamo, just celebrated #25,000.

The forum Search feature also works great for finding the numerous previous threads asking about this. :)

Odd that it seems the folks with the "most" is more celebrated than those who have the "best."

While knowing how has the most finds or where whomever ranks is a curiosity, it really doesn't do anything for my geocaching. It's the same for who puts out the most caches. OTOH, who puts out the best caches in my area does affect my caching a great deal.

Not that it's wrong to be curious about these things, I know I was at one point. But this question seem to pop up from time to time complete with the associated responses.

I know there is the Frequently Asked Questions in the Getting Started section, but I'm wondering if that is prominent enough. I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile to have a new section with nothing but FAQs and place it right below Getting Started so it is more "in your face" and newer visitors can find it easily. It's could be a linky deal, like the Chat link, to the present FAQ or what would probably be better is break the FAQs out into topics grouped by categories; geocaching.com, GPS usage, listing a cache, community and who's who, etiquette, and general. It might help get one's questions answered before they start a firestorm. (Not that it will or will not in this thread.)

Odd that it seems the folks with the "most" is more celebrated than those who have the "best."

I made that joke about my finds, because I think mine are the best. :( I pick and choose and I have nothing much to complain about as far as my quality time spent cachin' goes. :D

I'm pretty durn proud of my hides too. I'm a shameless self promoter. :)

Now, ya hafta admit though, that many of those celebrated "most" folk at the top of the list deserve a bit of credit. They're out there every day keepin' on keepin' on. Many of them also give a great deal back to the community. Going down the list of the first several hundred on that stats list posted earlier, anyone who has been around as long as you and I doesn't even need to click on the profiles to know who is notable and who is less known for their contributions. I say give'em their due once in awhile and have a FRESH conversation. You can't deny that many at the top of the list deserve MORE recognition than just a tip of the hat. :)

You can't deny that many at the top of the list deserve MORE recognition than just a tip of the hat.

Tis true. I just wish the guys who hide the best caches get at least the same kind of recognition. Most of the caches on my favorite lists are owned by folks most have never heard of. Same goes for those threads that ask "who is the best hider in your area?" Most I've never heard of. It's these folks who entertain me the most, not necessarily the most prolific. OTOH, I get tired of hearing about how great "Cacher X" is simply because they cache a lot.

While knowing how has the most finds or where whomever ranks is a curiosity, it really doesn't do anything for my geocaching. It's the same for who puts out the most caches. OTOH, who puts out the best caches in my area does affect my caching a great deal.

Not that it's wrong to be curious about these things, I know I was at one point. But this question seem to pop up from time to time complete with the associated responses.

I found a great way to compare stats with the cacher's whom I idealize most. http://www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com/top_ten.php

I look up those cachers that have the highest:

Average Terrain Rating (Physical Caches)

Average Terrain Rating

As for the original poster, are you looking for cachers that have the highest "logged" finds, or highest "actual" finds? :santa:

I'm liking the observations, based on how the thread title is worded, that hiders of many high-quality caches ought to receive more recognition. You see plenty of forum comments about Team Alamo and CCCooperAgency, and their accomplishments are indeed noteworthy. But there's not a lot of mentions of the dozens of fine caches hidden by [insert the name of a super hider from your area here].

For a list ranking geocachers by number of caches hidden, clicky the linky.

WoooHooo!!!

I'm ranked 10,189th place with my 531 finds. :santa:

The top 125 really get around. I've met or count as personal friends many, many of them. Fully half of the top 20 are friends of mine. :santa:

They're soooo gonna be jealous of ME when having a low find count becomes fashionable. :santa::santa:

Darn, you beat me. I'm way up at 8890. I'm going to have to start deleting finds.

I'm liking the observations, based on how the thread title is worded, that hiders of many high-quality caches ought to receive more recognition. You see plenty of forum comments about Team Alamo and CCCooperAgency, and their accomplishments are indeed noteworthy. But there's not a lot of mentions of the dozens of fine caches hidden by [insert the name of a super hider from your area here].

Is there a linky for which caches have been found/attended the most?

As far as attended goes, I believe GW5 holds the record for the most individual cachers at an event. GW6, in Sacramento, will SMASH that record. Gonna be there? I wouldn't miss it for the world. :santa:

As far as attended goes, I believe GW5 holds the record for the most individual cachers at an event. GW6, in Sacramento, will SMASH that record. Gonna be there? I wouldn't miss it for the world. :santa:

I'm not sure if I'm going or not. Anyhow, I thought there might a link to a list...
Since the question was "Who has the most caches", shouldn't it be found plus hidden? There is nothing as good as clarity. Well, it seems that I'm #2615 in finds. But, I have to work for a living. :santa:
:santa: It's not just working. It's having other responsibilities and other hobbies/interests too! :santa: Edited by TrailGators

OMG in oregon there are some with well over 10000

we have 5200ish

and only cache on weekends..see the retired or others who cache at night or unemployed/whatever.com

can find more..would love to see the stats on weekend only cachers ..hmm

but we've been caching since 2004ish

and still love the game as day 1!! remember dont find dont log a lot of integrity has been lost when people sign others

in..and are a team so be yourself and have fun..cant wait to retire lol..20 years from now lol

Wow, Portland,OR sure is getting overly saturated with caches, especially micros! I fully understand the joy of placing your own cache for others to find, I have 12 of my own, but when do you draw the line as far as how many is too much for one person to maintain??? Is it fair for someone to go out and place +50 micros in one weekend on random street-corners leaving no space for other (possibly larger, more entertaining) caches to be placed? When I first got into caching, I enjoyed it because I could get out and go on a good hike towards something worth finding. I'm sure most would agree it's much more satisfying finding an actual container (big enough to hold TB's) rather then a micro with a scrap of paper stuffed inside (plus the kids don't really seem to enjoy those ones either).

All I am getting at is that I have noticed quite a few cachers placing random caches in very large groups at a time (25-50)covering every part of the map that a cache can possibly be squeezed into and I strongly believe it is beyond a cachers capability to handle and maintain so many caches at once. While it is fun, there should/needs to be some regulation on cache placement otherwise I feel geocaching will quickly fall apart along with the uniqueness of the game.

I myself have taken a break from caching after going on a +150 day streak due to the fact it just isn't as fun anymore considering, odds are, most of what you will find will be a quickly placed micro...

I just wish there was much more emphasis on creativity and placement rather than just trying to have the most caches out there....

• Upvote 1

IMspider is on that list. I want to say he's cheating, as literally everywhere i've cached he's had his signature in the logbook. 80 miles up to New York? oh IMspider's been there, 120 miles south to Maryland, nope IMspider cached there, 130 miles west in PA, IMspider has his name in the logbook, 80 miles into New Jersey, IMspider has cached there, 50 miles to DE, been there, 40 miles to a town in the middle of nowhere, in new jersey with no a cache for miles other then that single cache, which is by the way, the middle of no where, where my cousins live (They have a family reunion there), he's been there.

He has found some of my caches too, so he's been more locally towards me. This guy get's around, I can't imagine what it must feel like to be Almogul territory, if I can't go 120 miles in any direction without his signature, then anyone over in California can't go 350 miles in any direction without Almolgul's signature.

These people must eat, sleep, and breath caching. No other way to find an average of 16 a day.

Wile caching at GW9 we met and cached with a nice guy from California named Alamogul. He has a few finds B)

I camped near Team Snook at GWIX. He's averaging 53 finds a day for 2011. Over 10 thousand this year alone. Pretty amazing. Almagoul is averaging a measly 35 a day this year.

Wile caching at GW9 we met and cached with a nice guy from California named Alamogul. He has a few finds B)

I camped near Team Snook at GWIX. He's averaging 53 finds a day for 2011. Over 10 thousand this year alone. Pretty amazing. Almagoul is averaging a measly 35 a day this year.

Not to take anything away from those guys, but Bobcam has only been caching since 2007 and is right on their heels. And he still works a 40 hour week. Average finds per day for 2010, 85.8.

Hmmmm... I just noticed something very interesting! That number came from GSAK. His Groundspeak stats say 28.9534 caches/day for 2010. How can they be that different? But Alamogul's Groundspeak stats for 2010 say 28.8986 caches/day, to compare apples with apples.

Like one? or two?

I don't know what that means, but I was with Sabrefan7 and him, and that guy is definitely intense in his caching. He's a ball of fire, for sure. He does need to watch out for Team Snook and BobCat, but I'm sure he's on top of that. :D

Edited by Mr.Yuck

Like one? or two?

I don't know what that means, but I was with Sabrefan7 and him, and that guy is definitely intense in his caching. He's a ball of fire, for sure. He does need to watch out for Team Snook and BobCat, but I'm sure he's on top of that. :D

Have met Alamogul, Team Snook, and both Mondou2 and BobCat in Nevada labor day weekend - all are really nice and dedicated to what they do best, finding lots of geocaches. Has anyone mentioned in this thread the website that tracks most number of hides - King Boreas from Minnesota has the most hides at 3,000.

http://www.zinnware.com/HighAdv/Geocaching/most_caches_found.php?OrderBy=hides&Ordering=DESC

Hide on and Cache on! :grin:

Like one? or two?

Have met Alamogul, Team Snook, and both Mondou2 and BobCat in Nevada labor day weekend - all are really nice and dedicated to what they do best, finding lots of geocaches. Has anyone mentioned in this thread the website that tracks most number of hides - King Boreas from Minnesota has the most hides at 3,000.

http://www.zinnware.com/HighAdv/Geocaching/most_caches_found.php?OrderBy=hides&Ordering=DESC

I don't think anyone has mentioned it. I forgot about that list. It used to be manually maintained. It looks almost as though he might have found a non-TOS violating way of doing it, such as cacherstats.com now though. Either that, or he's manually looked up 7,000 hiders. :lol:

Edited by Mr.Yuck

WoooHooo!!!

I'm ranked 10,189th place with my 531 finds. :D

The top 125 really get around. I've met or count as personal friends many, many of them. Fully half of the top 20 are friends of mine. :(

They're soooo gonna be jealous of ME when having a low find count becomes fashionable. :):)

Crazy thing is I just looked myself up out of curiosity and while there's less than 75 caches different from us my ranking is in the 60,000 range! :ph34r:

The list that's always impressed me most is this one- list of cachers by total countries. I'd be in the top 10 easy if I knew about caching before I started my world travels, as is my aim is to be well into the 20s by this time next year.

Like one? or two?

http://www.zinnware....s&Ordering=DESC

I suspect you mean Bobcam? I don't think anybody comes close when it comes to number of caches vs. time caching. He is also still working a 40 hour a week job, unlike some of the other top cachers (not to take anything from them... it takes mucho dedication to be any one of them!)

The list that's always impressed me most is this one- list of cachers by total countries. I'd be in the top 10 easy if I knew about caching before I started my world travels, as is my aim is to be well into the 20s by this time next year.

Hey, cool. Hadn't checked that one in a while, I forgot we were up as high as we are. I used to track the countries list on itsnotaboutthenumbers.com when it was still running. Too bad both of these lists only track who's uploaded a pocket query to those sites and not all cachers; I wonder where we'd really stand.

I hear you on wishing I'd been caching earlier. If I'd been caching when I deployed in 2005, we'd have Kuwait, Afghanistan, and Iraq, too; there were caches I could have gotten to when I was there. (Not that I'm in a hurry to go back, mind you.) For Oman and Qatar, though, I was just stopping through, and there weren't caches on the bases I visited.

And maybe if I'd cached in some countries in Europe the first time I'd gone there, perhaps we could have visited more new countries rather than revisiting some (Iceland, Czech Republc, Hungary, and Malta come to mind). Ah, well.

Definitely slowed down on our countries cached since leaving Europe; our latest was Canada in April 2010. But we get to add Japan in December, so that'll be fun.

Went to a Georally with Alamogul that had  35 mysteries to solve in the area of the event. You had to get info at several areas in town and then take  the info  to solve the 35 mysteries over an era of about 4 x7 miles. Everyone was solving at the same time. I was in a group of four with him. He said everyone was going to start where we were, so he said lets start at the farthest location. We got 25 of the 35 FTFs.