Locked Maps

Dahlia Team

I have a Garmin Qwest with City Select v7 software. I just bought a Garmin gpsmap 60cx with trip & waypoint manager v4. Then my very small pea brain got a head of it’s self. I own the City Select v7 software so I used the map tool and sent it to the 60cx, that map is locked. Opps I think Garmin is going to make me pay to unlock the City Select v7 for my 60cx. Now when I turn on gps I get a maps are locked, press enter.

How do I remove this locked map?

Thanks

Brad

I have a Garmin Qwest with City Select v7 software. I just bought a Garmin gpsmap 60cx with trip & waypoint manager v4. Then my very small pea brain got a head of it’s self. I own the City Select v7 software so I used the map tool and sent it to the 60cx, that map is locked. Opps I think Garmin is going to make me pay to unlock the City Select v7 for my 60cx. Now when I turn on gps I get a maps are locked, press enter.

Thanks

Brad

I would imagine if you were to upload a new mapset from an unlocked map it would take care of your problem...or insert the card in a reader and delete the GMAPSUPP.IMG file.

Edited by rws

You should be able to unlock the v7 maps to your cx. I just unlocked the v8 set from my garmin streetpilot i3 to my 60csx. Look for a yellow piece of paper that came with your Qwest, it will have the second unlock code on it. I didn't have the yellow piece of paper so I just called up garmin customer service and gave them the serial # of my streetpilot i3 and they gave me an unlock code I used on my 60csx. Before the 2008 version came out you were allowed to put the maps on 2 devices. The only downside it that you can't upgrade on the second code, so If I wanted to put 2008 on the csx I would have to buy the full version. I could however just do the update on the i3.

Edited by sanramonhunter

Thanks

Brad

Thanks

Brad

Ok... I can't make a map with waypoint manager I will try a card reader.

Brad

You should be able to unlock the v7 maps to your cx. I just unlocked the v8 set from my garmin streetpilot i3 to my 60csx. Look for a yellow piece of paper that came with your Qwest, it will have the second unlock code on it. I didn't have the yellow piece of paper so I just called up garmin customer service and gave them the serial # of my streetpilot i3 and they gave me an unlock code I used on my 60csx. Before the 2008 version came out you were allowed to put the maps on 2 devices. The only downside it that you can't upgrade on the second code, so If I wanted to put 2008 on the csx I would have to buy the full version. I could however just do the update on the i3.

I have the yellow paper with the unlock code but it only has one code. I will call Garmin Monday for a second code.

Thanks

Brad