Deadliest Cache Geocoins NOW Available

Dr. Whoever

DEADLIEST CACHE GEOCOINS

The Planet Earth, 196,950,711 square miles of treacherous mountians, barren deserts and violent seas and home to the deadliest cache, The Ammo Crab. Kinda sounds familiar, eh?

Paula of GeocoinDesign.Com let her artistic talents loose again when I asked her for a Deadliest Cache Coin design. They arrived here and I almost lost my finger cutting the box open, then almost lost it again when I saw the incredible details of the 3-D, multi level work in these. The LE versions are almost gone. As of 8 Am this morning there were only 7 left. That didn't last very long. The LE's are now SOLD OUT. They can be found here: DEADLIEST CACHE GEOCOINS

Dimensions: 1.75" x 3.5 mm

Metals: Antique Nickel (Northwestern) 150 minted, Antique Gold (Maverick) 150 minted, Gold (Time Bandit) LE only 50 made, Nickel (Wizard) LE only 50 made.

Just make sure you all watch your fingers.

They are trackable with unique icons.

DeadPurp.jpg

DeadGold.jpg

DeadAG.jpg

DeanAN.jpg

Edited by Castle Man

Will any of these be reminted?

No

I wanted to keep these as is. I kept quite a few for trading later as they are nearing sell out. The LE's went very fast and the Maverick is almost gone (only 4 or 5 left. There are only 25 or so Northwesterns left. Very very nice work by Paula on these and the 3-D detail is phenominal. Just wait til they arrive and you see the details yourself. All orders placed Friday have been shipped as of yesterday. Can't wait to see some of the comments when folks get their coins.

I do like the looks of the coin, just can't figure the relation to caching?

Good luck!

OK, I’ll take this question on.

What does this have to do with caching?

A. It has an official Groundspeak/geocaching.com recognized tracking numbers and a unique icon related to the geocoin.

B. It is an approved (by Groundspeak) geocoin.

C. It references mountains, seas, deserts (all very popular caching areas).

D. It boasts one of the most popular caching hiding tools (the ever popular ammo can).

If that isn’t enough to make it something to do with caching I don’t know what else to say about the question. However, I return with a question of my own. How many basic caching coins do we want in the world? What I mean is, do we need 100 different FTF, Ammo Can, Bison Tube, Tupper-ware, GPS, etc. coins out there, or do we need lots of incredible designs like this geocoin and so many others out there available today? My answer is of course, the more designs that please the eye the better. And it appears that the community and Groundspeak approve. So my bottom line at least, this, as with a numbers of others have a great art design, they do have the much needed tracking numbers, (just like the original travel bugs, the travel slugs, and so many more) and this is what they all have to do with caching. Secondly, most of these never make the bottoms of caches these days. They have taken on new lives as valuable collectibles. As with many cachers and collectors I keep a numbers of each design in my trading box and then unlike some I activate one of each I have (over 900 now). I also release a large number of travelers (over 300 now). Hmmm, I think it all has an impact on caching in general.

Now, feel free to hit back, comment or just agree or disagree. I have no other comments, and thick skin on this subject.

:santa:NOW ON WITH THE SHOW !

Slow down CM, I asked a question, not shooting accusations. I thought MAYBE there was a story behind it that would tie it in with caching. Now I know there isn't and that truly does detract from my wanting to buy one (trying to stay away from the "commercial" coins)! Others will have differing opinion and obviously you're doing good with sales.

Now, if this were someone's personal or there was a TRUE tie in with caching, I'd have been buying...thanks for the clarification. Hey, even if I were still interested in this coin, I might have been put off by that answer...you might want to keep that in mind when posting answers (good CR/PR never hurts)!

Like I said, nice LOOKING coin...good luck!

Hmm.. sometimes personal coins lose meaning for me when I see things on the forums, and lately Im finding many of my favorite coins to be non-personals. I just am finding I love the design of so many of the non-personal coins coming out. (Morpho, Templars, etc.. etc..)

It doesn't need a name on it for me to want it. Nor does it need to be caching related. IMO it just needs to be a beautiful coin. :santa:

I think its just opinion - but at least we are safe collecting those commercial ones when it comes time to want to sell em. :santa:

But back on topic - there actually IS a kind of fun story behind this coin, but it has more to do with two cacher friends than caching in general.

:santa:

Yes...the Morphos...those were just too darned sweet to pass up. AND, I do see plenty of those cute little flyby's when caching, so I can draw a relation with those.

The funny stories or memories are sometimes what makes a coin dear to me...some of my favorite coins have a warm and happy memory behind them!!

Good luck....I do like the artwork, looks great!

I won't re-quote but here are my reasons for buying these.

#1. Because I love them.

#2. Because I love the TV show.

#3. Because I love them.

#4. Because they are brought to us by real geocachers.

#5. Because I love them.

#6. Because they are an awesome design.

#7. Becuse I love them.

#8. Because I am a geocacher that likes quality geocoins.

#9. Because I love them.

#10. Because they will not be remade (I like it when someone says they are making XXX many and then stick with it).

#11 to #100. Because I love them. (what more do you need)

I won't re-quote but here are my reasons for buying these.

#1. Because I love them.

#2. Because I love the TV show.

#3. Because I love them.

#4. Because they are brought to us by real geocachers.

#5. Because I love them.

#6. Because they are an awesome design.

#7. Becuse I love them.

#8. Because I am a geocacher that likes quality geocoins.

#9. Because I love them.

#10. Because they will not be remade (I like it when someone says they are making XXX many and then stick with it).

#11 to #100. Because I love them. (what more do you need)

Good for you...glad to see everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Sorry to have asked a simple question that derailed this topic CB...I hope it can get back on track!

Offhandedly told Vagabond about these coins, and found out he'd be interested in one. :santa: First time he's showed interest in geocoins, lol. As I'm now getting it as a Christmas present for my dad, I can afford it :santa: .

Would have loved to get a gold LE (Time Bandit), but missed out on those I guess.

Ordered a Maverick, and sent you an email.

GT

I sent you an email. One Time Bandit from my stash waiting for the trade.