Article - Pasta Monster gets academic attention

kayakerinme

Speaking as one from the sometimes controversial and well, frankly, just too wierd, state of Kansas, I must confess that until now I did not realize the breath and depth of FSMism and its origins rooted in my fine state. Of course, my fine state of mind is usually as confused as the dialogue going on around me. However, from the area where the war between the states started ten years before it was actually declared by the rest of the country, it is small wonder that the FSM got its start here too. As George Armstrong Custer said in his last words to his men, "At least we do not have to cross Kansas again." :(

Speaking as one from the sometimes controversial and well, frankly, just too wierd, state of Kansas, I must confess that until now I did not realize the breath and depth of FSMism and its origins rooted in my fine state. Of course, my fine state of mind is usually as confused as the dialogue going on around me. However, from the area where the war between the states started ten years before it was actually declared by the rest of the country, it is small wonder that the FSM got its start here too. As George Armstrong Custer said in his last words to his men, "At least we do not have to cross Kansas again." :(

They liked Kansas So much that they put an "AR" in front of it to make another state. :laughing:

They liked Kansas So much that they put an "AR" in front of it to make another state. :laughing:

And everyone here pronounces it R-Kansas

You mean like . . . "our"

I realize this thread is a bit off-topic, but I'm going to let it stay for the day.

WHY?

We sometimes let off-topic threads stay when they are relevant or seasonal - but in this case things have been a bit heated lately in a few threads so I'll let this one stay to disperse some of the angst.

I'll likely shut it tomorrow to keep things clean, though.

Please note: This does not set precedence for other off-topic threads to remain open.

99% of the time, they will be moved or shut as per the Guidelines and leaving one open does not set the foundation for others to be open in the future.

Carry on and have a good (=peaceful) weekend please. My fingers are getting tired from all the warnings lately. :(

Speaking as one from the sometimes controversial and well, frankly, just too wierd, state of Kansas, I must confess that until now I did not realize the breath and depth of FSMism and its origins rooted in my fine state. Of course, my fine state of mind is usually as confused as the dialogue going on around me. However, from the area where the war between the states started ten years before it was actually declared by the rest of the country, it is small wonder that the FSM got its start here too. As George Armstrong Custer said in his last words to his men, "At least we do not have to cross Kansas again." :D

They liked Kansas So much that they put an "AR" in front of it to make another state. :D

You mean like . . . "our"

Yes, sort of but through the nose.

Always wonder after meeting some folks from Kansas if there brain matter looked like a big bowl of pasta :D

Edited to add that the only FSM I had ever heard of before tonight was our own personal, lovable, handsome? here in the forums :D

Are you telling me that FSM is a "HE" :D Oh, say it ain't so. Ever wonder what name he/she caches under? I mean, the moderators Must be real cachers :D