Selling my coin on ebay before I release it

avroair

I made a coin during the summer, with a several colors, I sold em in the forums, but have one color left that I only sold on ebay or traded. Was considering selling them to the general public now.

How do people feel about selling a coin on ebay before selling it to the general public? (and yes, I got more for few I sold on ebay than I would have with a general sale).

I think it's fine, but maybe that's because I'm doing it myself with my I Like TBs GeoTags. :laughing:

That being said, I've also sold it to locals if asked, usually for less than my eBay starting price, and I am open to trading it as well when asked. I feel I should give friends and forum people a break. Random eBay buyers though I don't mind taking money from. :(

Ok let me clarify, since I got a couple of emails with. Huh? As the title.

I have slowly been selling a coin on ebay and getting good prices for it. I am now considering just offering it for general sale in the forums for $9.50 each. Would I be offending the people who bought it on ebay or should I just consider that another venue for selling a coin.

Seems like the response has been: 'do what you want' so far

I've seen several coins offered on ebay first and then brought to the forums, as well as simultaneously offered on the forums & ebay. Not everyone frequents both places. You do what you think is best. If I had coins to offer, I would probably do the same thing. Ebay can get tiresome after a while anyway.

And for all you have done for the coin community and how generous you are with your stash, if anyone tried to deride you for doing this you'll have plenty of defenders - and first in line will be a cute 11 year old. :laughing:

So you want me to paypal you now? :(

Ok let me clarify, since I got a couple of emails with. Huh? As the title.

I have slowly been selling a coin on ebay and getting good prices for it. I am now considering just offering it for general sale in the forums for $9.50 each. Would I be offending the people who bought it on ebay or should I just consider that another venue for selling a coin.

Seems like the response has been: 'do what you want' so far

I'd think that unless you listed your coin on ebay as "never sold", "sold out" or something similar (to indicate ebay would be the only place to find one) it should be fine. In the end, the fact that people are or are not buying it here will give you the most honest answer. :(

I'd also agree with the general consensus -- it's your coin and you should have the freedom to do with it as you wish.

It's like any commodity you buy, sometimes you buy something and it goes on sale a month later and you've lost out on the discount and other times, you happen to find a bargain or sale. With ebay, you are always taking a gamble anyway and you set the limit on what you will pay through your bid. You could bid and win something for 29.99 and a week later, the exact same item by the exact same seller may have a winning bid of 15.00. Its luck of the draw.

I've seen several coins offered on ebay first and then brought to the forums, as well as simultaneously offered on the forums & ebay. Not everyone frequents both places. You do what you think is best. If I had coins to offer, I would probably do the same thing. Ebay can get tiresome after a while anyway.

And for all you have done for the coin community and how generous you are with your stash, if anyone tried to deride you for doing this you'll have plenty of defenders - and first in line will be a cute 11 year old. :laughing:

So you want me to paypal you now? :laughing:

I knew you were a youngster when we met at MWGB...but I'd have never guessed 11! :(:D:D:(

I'd be right alongside of you during the defending!!

So you want me to paypal you now? :laughing:

I knew you were a youngster when we met at MWGB...but I'd have never guessed 11! :(:D:D:D

I'd be right alongside of you during the defending!!

LOL Rod! :D:( Go Girl is the cute one. I'm just mom and probably closer to your age then you think. B) I shall write more about the kids in Naomi's thread, but Avroair is her hero! B)

I personally believe if someone's gonna get peeved at you for selling your coin for more or for less here or there, there's probably no way you're ever gonna please them... let it be water off a duck's back. If they don't buy it, it'll just be one more fantastic piece of art that we, or others, have opportunity to purchase. Do whatever YOU want to do.

and thanks for doing what you do... you do it well

" You can't please everyone . . . so you gotta please yourself!" :(

:laughing: Can you elaborate? :laughing:

So I am getting the drift that it's ok for anyone to sell a coin they have made any way they see fit. Gotcha. :(

BTW coin aint getting sold anytime soon. Holidays and wife have got me busy enough.

I feel that you caught the correct drift :D ( I just like that part of a song)

Edited by fairyhoney

" You can't please everyone . . . so you gotta please yourself!" :(

:laughing: Can you elaborate? :laughing:

I like that song too! :(

Garden Party

(Rick Nelson)

I went to a garden party

To reminisce with my old friends

A chance to share old memories

And play our songs again

When I got to the garden party

They all knew my name

No one recognized me

I didn't look the same

But it's all right now

I learned my lesson well

You see, ya can't please everyone

So ya got to please yourself

People came from miles around

Everyone was there

Yoko brought her walrus

There was magic in the air

'N' over in the corner

Much to my surprise

Mr Hughes hid in Dylan's shoes

Wearing his disguise

But it's all right now

I learned my lesson well

Lott-in-dah-dah

lot-in-dah-dah-dah

Played them all the old songs

Thought that's why they came

No one heard the music

We didn't look the same

I said hello to "Mary Lou"

She belongs to me

When I sang a song about a honky-tonk

It was time to leave

But it's all right now

I learned my lesson well

Lot-dah-dah (lot-dah-dah-dah)

Lot-in-dah-dah-dah

Someone opened up a closet door

And out stepped Johnny B Goode

Playing guitar

Like a-ringin' a bell

And lookin' like he should

If you gotta play at garden parties

I wish you a lotta luck

But if memories were all I sang

I rather drive a truck

But it's all right now

I learned my lesson well

Lot-dah-dah (lot-dah-dah-dah)

Lot-in-dah-dah-dah

'N' it's all right now

Learned my lesson well

So you got to please yourself

*cough*

I think I may have been one of those people who "paid $30 for the coin on Ebay and now see it available for $9.50" :(

It serves me right. I got carried away....let it be a lesson to me!!!!

I'm not peeved. I think it's your coin, and you have every right to sell it however you want. I hope you made a tidy profit on them too! :laughing:

*cough*

I think I may have been one of those people who "paid $30 for the coin on Ebay and now see it available for $9.50" :santa:

It serves me right. I got carried away....let it be a lesson to me!!!!

I'm not peeved. I think it's your coin, and you have every right to sell it however you want. I hope you made a tidy profit on them too! :santa:

Well, you haven't seen it available in the forums for $9.50! Just on ebay as a starting bid.

So taking this a step further that would mean that it's also ok for minters or vendors to put coins on ebay and let it ride rather than offering them in the forums or on their websites?

So taking this a step further that would mean that it's also ok for minters or vendors to put coins on ebay and let it ride rather than offering them in the forums or on their websites?

They are their coins so I think they can sell them wherever they want. I can think of a few coins on eBay that did not sell out in the online storefront but are doing quite well online. The C&P silver coin comes to mind.

People would stop buying coins on eBay if that was the only place they were sold.

Or at least I would.

I could imagine the prices people received on Ebay would drop accordingly too.

Edited by Cheesy pigs