In-Car Unit For Geocaching Under $200?

egami

The least expensive nuvi (I think) is the 200. It is currently around $213 at Amazon. As a lower-end model, however, and it has limited coverage maps (the continental U.S., Hawaii and Puerto Rico but not Alaska and Canada) and doesn't have TTS voices. But it would be very usable. Be aware that it's not waterproof and the nuvi line as a whole is fairly fragile, so I wouldn't recommend taking it into the woods.

The 200 will hold 500 waypoints and accepts Custom POIs. Garmin doesn't currently have a user manual up for the 200, but I believe that others have indicated that yon can input coordinates into the unit.

Least expensive option that would do the jobs would be a used or refurbished Garmin Quest. It is an excellent choice even at the current price for a new one, considering that the current maps are included. A used unit would have older, but still very useable, street maps. You could also get a Garmin GPS V that would do the job, but the technological advances of the Quest make it a much better choice unless the dollar limit is the critical consideration. In its day, the V was the king of the hill of dual use GPSr's.