Another New Cache Feature Request

Thot

Please show the cache that called/linked to the map even when there are more than 500 caches. Often I'm only interested in the original cache and I'd like to see its location on every level of the map.

Right now, if there are more than 500 caches on the area covered no caches are shown.

Edited to add:

The title should have read Another New Map Feature, but it wont let me edit the Topic title/subject.

Edited by Thot

1. You could zoom in until your cache appears.

Then I may not be able to see it's location in relation to the wider area, and/or it's covered up by a bee hive of caches.

2. If you truly only need to see that one cache, but at a very wide zoom level, then you should open the regular Google map link, not the Geocaching.com Google map.

I wasn't suggesting there weren't other ways to do it, I just think this adds convenience.

Incidentally, I do like the new map.

Please show the cache that called/linked to the map even when there are more than 500 caches. Often I'm only interested in the original cache and I'd like to see its location on every level of the map.

Right now, if there are more than 500 caches on the area covered no caches are shown.

Edited to add:

The title should have read Another New Map Feature, but it wont let me edit the Topic title/subject.

Maps aren't loaded by caches, but by location. There is no "cache that called/linked to the map". The link may be on a cache page, but the map is positioned by a location, not a cache.