Travel Bug Visitors

Nochipra

I was wondering if this has been done before? Say you have a travel bug that you would like to have visit certain cachers that you have met in the forums. I know that you can set a tb's mission to go anywhere but I thought it would be nice to have a tb that says go visit (person 1) for a while, have several pics taken with them, and then you change that tb's mission to go vistit (person 2), so (person 1) puts tb back into a cache to head towards (person 2) and so on. Of course you would need to ask each person you are sending it to which cache they would like the bug to end up in and to keep an eye out for it. Kind of like you "virtually" visiting people you cannot visit in person. I think it would be fun to give it a try. If anyone has done this before I would like to hear the success rate you have had with it. I may give it a try. Thanks.

Edited by Nochipra

I think this is a really neat idea! Of course, my little feelings might be hurt if no one wanted it to come visit me...

How would you work out the logistics of it? How far would you take it (i.e. how many cachers on your list)? What would happen when the TB completed its mission and visited everyone on the list? Hmmmm

I have made a few tribute TB's and placed them out in the world. I've had some try to find the geopigs, Lost Scouts, and the ever traveling MaxB on the River. Geopigs have sent a couple our way to try to find us too. I actually had a coin make it to me sent out by Rockin' Roddy. He changed the goal, and we re-released it for him.

It's fun. Just let the person you know that it's traveling to, know what you are doing, so if it gets in their area, they can have it on a watch list. That way if a TB makes it to Los Angeles, you might be able to run get it before it takes back off to Tokyo! LOL

It's all in the journey........ <_<

I have done it with two geocoins that I received as gifts from CachingCoins as part of the World Release Register

1) HERE - - - http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1166704

AND

2) HERE - - - http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=956041

So far they are both still stuck in the United Arab Emirates, but I trust they will get to the USA eventually, and, more importantly, they will make it home.

Bye from Dubai.