RED JEEPS

springadv

I don't know how to conduct that search, but if you find them...please log and move on. Don't pocket them as a prize and keep them for your own personal use.

I'm not saying that you would do that or plan on doing that or have done that...but I've seen some cachers who do just that.

Just my 2 cents and I'm not intending on being rude.

I don't know how to conduct that search, but if you find them...please log and move on. Don't pocket them as a prize and keep them for your own personal use.

I'm not saying that you would do that or plan on doing that or have done that...but I've seen some cachers who do just that.

i totally agree with you, there are allot of Jeep hounds out there that keep them for themselves.

I know someone that just registered on geocaching.com just to get the Jeeps, he collects Jeeps so he could get all the Jeeps sent to him. We talked to him about this issue of keeping them for collecting purposes and he doesn't care. HE IS A JEEP hound. He's not even a geocacher. Now that makes me angry. But what do i do.

I am not sure what the real purpose of the Jeep TB are. You may be able to keep these Jeeps if you send off for one i don't know how it works. I just know that when i get one i send it on it's way.

we"re lost

i totally agree with you, there are allot of Jeep hounds out there that keep them for themselves.

I know someone that just registered on geocaching.com just to get the Jeeps, he collects Jeeps so he could get all the Jeeps sent to him. We talked to him about this issue of keeping them for collecting purposes and he doesn't care. HE IS A JEEP hound. He's not even a geocacher. Now that makes me angry. But what do i do.

I am not sure what the real purpose of the Jeep TB are. You may be able to keep these Jeeps if you send off for one i don't know how it works. I just know that when i get one i send it on it's way.

we"re lost

There's an entire thread about this, with suggestions and details about the Jeep TB's mission. I'll see if I can link to it. Just wanted to reply quick.

Since there are 8000 of em out there, how do we search for which caches they are in today so we can go find em ? :unsure:

A search page will show a travel bug icon if it has a travel bug in it.

It will show a particular geocoin icon if there is a geocoin in it.

It will show a generic coin icon if there are more than one geocoin in it.

It will show a jeep, of a particular color if one is in it.

If more than one kind of jeep is in a cache I don't know what happens. Probably an explosion.

The only caveat to all this is that when a new jeep comes out, like every June or July, the icon for a jeeo is always wrong and it takes a couple months for that to get fixed. This I have observed for the last 3 releases of jeeps.