mio p550

The above info has been really helpful, but I have all our found caches, indicated by the red flag icon, as well as the ones to find, using the standard green box, shown from a 25 mile radius of home on the overlay in Memory Map. I would like to keep this overlay for record purposes.

If I download the overlay copies the “done” caches come over as well, which I don't want. Do others do this or am I unique? :laughing: I had thought of loading the maps into another folder just to download the icons for each relevant area we are about to visit but is there an easier way?

I have the latest version of MemoryMap, GSAK and cachemate on a Mio 550, and after some initial problems where I uploaded a whole map to the SD card, rather than part of it, I think I have now got it working other than the selective icons.

It occurs to me that I could do some something in GSAK, as I only load caches “to do” with the pocket query, but don't quite know where to start.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.......

Henry

The above info has been really helpful, but I have all our found caches, indicated by the red flag icon, as well as the ones to find, using the standard green box, shown from a 25 mile radius of home on the overlay in Memory Map. I would like to keep this overlay for record purposes.

If I download the overlay copies the “done” caches come over as well, which I don't want. Do others do this or am I unique? :laughing: I had thought of loading the maps into another folder just to download the icons for each relevant area we are about to visit but is there an easier way?

I have the latest version of MemoryMap, GSAK and cachemate on a Mio 550, and after some initial problems where I uploaded a whole map to the SD card, rather than part of it, I think I have now got it working other than the selective icons.

It occurs to me that I could do some something in GSAK, as I only load caches “to do” with the pocket query, but don't quite know where to start.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.......

Henry

not sure whether you mean MemMap on the PC or on the PDA here, but I'll briefly discuss each... To get the overlay on the PC, are you using GSAK? If so, it will include whatever caches are in your current GSAK filter, so use GSAK filters to determine which caches you want to display on MM on the PC.

To get to the PDA, I assume you are using the export to PDA option on the PDA menu in MMPC. If so, you can carry out basic filters using MM, under the Overlay menu, show or hide options. For example, you can hide found caches, or your caches, or various cache types as well! Then, when you export to the PDA, it exports whatever is shown on the screen!

Hope that helps - feel free to drop an e-mail if you need any specific help!

Dave

not sure whether you mean MemMap on the PC or on the PDA here, but I'll briefly discuss each... To get the overlay on the PC, are you using GSAK? If so, it will include whatever caches are in your current GSAK filter, so use GSAK filters to determine which caches you want to display on MM on the PC.

To get to the PDA, I assume you are using the export to PDA option on the PDA menu in MMPC. If so, you can carry out basic filters using MM, under the Overlay menu, show or hide options. For example, you can hide found caches, or your caches, or various cache types as well! Then, when you export to the PDA, it exports whatever is shown on the screen!

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I have MM on the PC and have exported a part of the Central England area map to the Mio using the "Route" function to specify an enclosed area, which is fiine. I have only so far used the "Mobile Device>Export data to device" from the MM on the PC to the Mio, hence I get everything. I didn't realise that caches could be marked as done or not in MM, only that certain cache types can be filtered, so advice on that would be good.

I've had GSAK, as a trial, for a while but not got around to using it much, or the Mio, but with such lousy weather it's given me the chance to revisit the whole set-up. I need to learn more about GSAK and as time goes on I'm sure I will now that I have the full version, but to get out caching how do I get the selected info from GSAK to the Mio?

I'm sure this is obvious when you know how!

H

Oh, is it my connection or is the forum slow this evening?

Problem solved with much help fron purple_pineapple - thanks Dave.

Basically, we used lordelphs icons, Edgemasters macros and the guidelines produced by bcnorwich to get the PQ data into GSAK and then on into MemoryMap - this then got sent to the PDA. Probably obvious when you know how............

I had one minor problem, my PCs hard drive is I:\, not C:\ as is normal. A bit of light editing of Edgemasters macros soon had it all working. Again, thanks Dave for spotting it.

If your thinking of going for it, it's worth looking at the "lordelphs lovely icon" thread. Use the stuff mentioned above and it should be plain sailing, with a bit of luck.

H

Hi

I came a bit late to this thread to help, never mind. This might be useful to you:

GPXtoMM

It's a little utility I wrote for myself to do what your trying to do. The imported CSV files have a link in them so that when you click them it loads the correct cache into Cachemate automatically.

Have Fun, glad you got sorted, sorry I wasn;t quick enough with this alternative solution.

Cust.