QuickGPSFix

Has anyone heard of something called QuickGPSFix that you can activate on a TomTom device to latch onto satellites quicker from cold? Just looking at the new maps that are available for TomTom and spotted that this is a feature on some of their units. I wondered if anyone is aware if you can run on a Pocket PC.

Seems like it has been out for a while.

The maps are half price aparently till Jan by the way (£29.99) if you aren't aware.

Apologies if a bit off subject but I know a lot of cachers use TomTom to at least get near to the cache.

This sounds very like the application provided by Mio for the Mio A701, called quick position, not sure how it works but it says that it downloads the ephemeris file which lasts for about 7 days.

Personally I dont use it, it only works on the software port and not the hardware port and I find the hardware port more accurate and faster updates to TOMTOM and the A701 gets a fix fast enough without it in my opinion.

I am not sure whether its part of Mio applications or Windows Mobile 5, but from a quick google I think its part of the Mio applications. It might be worth a scan through the freeware web pages to see whether there are any equivalent freeware applications out there.

Has anyone heard of something called QuickGPSFix that you can activate on a TomTom device to latch onto satellites quicker from cold? Just looking at the new maps that are available for TomTom and spotted that this is a feature on some of their units. I wondered if anyone is aware if you can run on a Pocket PC.

Seems like it has been out for a while.

The maps are half price aparently till Jan by the way (£29.99) if you aren't aware.

Apologies if a bit off subject but I know a lot of cachers use TomTom to at least get near to the cache.

try pocketgpsworld